BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lampard Greatest Footballer in the BPL era

neekoy

They weren't defensive midfielders, they were all action. Makelele couldn't do what those 2 did.

I saw Beckham at North End when he was there on loan. He was amazing playing central mid. When he started to make his mark United had Keane and Ince running the show. He was not going to replace those 2. Factor in Nicky Butt being picked regularly and he had to find somewhere.

Edit; I forgot, Scholes was in the way too. He was a striker at youth level but someone thought to play him in midfield.

Think you've just about made my point there Speedie. Not a good enough all round player to make a CM, so played to his strength. A fantastic strength it was as well, his consistency in his crossing was remarkable. So too were his corners and free kicks. Is that enough for him to have been genuinely world class? Not IMO.

Beckham was not a world class player - end of. As I said -you could never rely on him to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and go and win it. Sorry, he did it once against Greece.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was mocking how pathetic your post is. For you to take a comment so literally to the point where you actually make the post that you did demonstrates that you're not worth debating with. Now go and finish your dot to dot.

What an astonishingly good attempt to respond to being wrong. 'Oh well I never meant it anyway, now here are some insults'. Truly cutting.

What an astonishingly good attempt to respond to being wrong. 'Oh well I never meant it anyway, now here are some insults'. Truly cutting.

I did mean it. If you asked 1000 fans to compile such a list, only the Rovers fans, and perhaps a couple of other strays would have in in there. 95% wouldn't.

It's like saying "everybody in the world knows that Messi is better than Suarez," but you'd get a few people, for some bizarre reason, suggesting otherwise.

And talking of "astonishingly good attempts to respond to being wrong," see your first response.

Madrid bought Beckham for the marketing value first. His popularity always vastly exceeded his ability.

I think Fabio Capello would disagree. He almost single handedly won them the title in his last season there, and his reintroduction to the team galvanised the entire side.

The Beckham one is an age old argument, but from my experience it's mainly English people who knock him the most. Jealousy perhaps?

Hark at you telling everyone how to be or think, as if you're the shining example of how to act/treat people.

If only you could see past your mask.

When did I do that? Just adding my opinion. Unlike yourself.

Despite the fact when it all gets too much for you it's all "why don't we just ignore each other," yet it's always you who has the first dig.

You're pathetic.

It always amazes me how people forget their own actions in things.

Just as you started attacking me on the board and via PM you are now upset that I have started on you for a change, laughable mate you really are.

Is that the best you can Shilly, you're pathetic roflmao. school starts next week enjoy trying that in the playground. Alas I doubt you're allowed to play with the other kids for obvious reasons.

tumblr_meawwaX6pE1rwzn5uo1_500.jpg

It always amazes me how people forget their own actions in things.

Just as you started attacking me on the board and via PM you are now upset that I have started on you for a change, laughable mate you really are.

Is that the best you can Shilly, you're pathetic roflmao. school starts next week enjoy trying that in the playground. Alas I doubt you're allowed to play with the other kids for obvious reasons.

I couldn't care less whether you "attack me" or not.

I'm just pointing out the irony behind fact that you suggest we ignore each other, which was fine by me, yet it's you who has had a pop at me in this thread.

As for your last sentence, you really are an infantile cretin, no matter how highly you think of yourself. I suspect you find that particular retort amusing, which adds yet more irony to the sentiments within it.

I couldn't care less whether you "attack me" or not.

I'm just pointing out the irony behind fact that you suggest we ignore each other, which was fine by me, yet it's you who has had a pop at me in this thread.

As for your last sentence, you really are an infantile cretin, no matter how highly you think of yourself. I suspect you find that particular retort amusing, which adds yet more irony to the sentiments within it.

That's hilarious given you did it before me after a so-called agreement.

The trouble is you do it to everyone on here, all the time, just look above, it's far from challenging. Oh the irony of it all.

And I'm the infantile cretin, LOL. You can't see the wood for the trees can you?

That's hilarious given you did it before me after a so-called agreement.

The trouble is you do it to everyone on here, all the time, just look above, it's far from challenging. Oh the irony of it all.

And I'm the infantile cretin, LOL. You can't see the wood for the trees can you?

"LOL" indeed. :rock:

I'm bored of going around in circles with you. Frankly, I prefer when somebody such as Gordon embroils in this kind of thing with me, as for all his faults, unlike yourself, he has half a brain.

Go and play with your fan club who love it when you pretend you're a big time coach in one of the lesser threads.

"LOL" indeed. :rock:

I'm bored of going around in circles with you. Frankly, I prefer when somebody such as Gordon embroils in this kind of thing with me, as for all his faults, unlike yourself, he has half a brain.

Go and play with your fan club who love it when you pretend you're a big time coach in one of the lesser threads.

Oh I'm so upset and distressed, some words written by a nobody say I'm thick, I need my mummy. Nice try kiddo.

You actually bring that up more than I ever have, can you see the irony of that???

I'm a sports scientist, that's like me calling you a vigilante when everyone knows batman was a hero. LOL, there's even irony between your words and your internet persona.

Wood, trees springs to mind again.

Oh I'm so upset and distressed, some words written by a nobody say I'm thick, I need my mummy. Nice try kiddo.

You actually bring that up more than I ever have, can you see the irony of that???

I'm a sports scientist, that's like me calling you a vigilante when everyone knows batman was a hero. LOL, there's even irony between your words and your internet persona.

Wood, trees springs to mind again.

:lol:

You argue like a four year old.

Round and round we go.

Is that really your comeback?

'You're pathetic'

That sounds like a great idea, we'll do this every-time you insult someone for no reason.

Round and round we will defo go, lol.

I can't wait and you're right what goes around comes around, at least you can learn, so there's hope for you yet!

Whoops, wrong thread. Wasn't looking for Batman vs. Majiball........

The Mods should ban us both IMO. At least then the MB would get a month without the caped crusader, insulting, belittling and being derogatory towards almost everyone on this MB with every post he makes..

"So Frank, your thoughts on the match?"

"Yeah, well the result was disappointing, but I need to find out who won between 'Batman' and Majiball."

2006 Paraguay, it was a David Beckham free-kick that scored the goal as explained here:

England stuttered to victory in their Group B opener in Frankfurt thanks to a third-minute Paraguay own goal.

Carlos Gamarra put David Beckham's left-wing free-kick past his own keeper to set up a half dominated by England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4852606.stm

So this kind of playmaking certainly is instrumental. Only goal in the game. imho

Archived