BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lampard Greatest Footballer in the BPL era

neekoy

Or The Football League if you go back far enough.

There is no such thing as the EPL. Just as there is no such thing as the English FA. And a striker is not offensive. He's an attacker. And it's a set-up and not an assist.................bloody Yanks

Soccer, sidewalk, trunk, pantyhose, pocketbook, fannypack; where will it end?.....

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Soccer, sidewalk, trunk, pantyhose, pocketbook, fannypack; where will it end?.....

Altho sidewalk makes more sense than pavement as it's the bit at the side that we walk on.

And a car's boot looks more like a trunk than a boot.

"Boot was the name given to the seat at the back of a horse-drawn coach where the coachman sat, which later became a storage area."

Trunk is used in the US because they are too stupid to spell Colour, Centre or Programme properly ;)

• Backroom

"Boot was the name given to the seat at the back of a horse-drawn coach where the coachman sat, which later became a storage area."

Trunk is used in the US because they are too stupid to spell Colour, Centre or Programme properly ;)

One could argue that simpler spelling (as the yanks do) is a good thing. Their spellings of the words you mention are less french than ours :P

Altho sidewalk makes more sense than pavement as it's the bit at the side that we walk on.

They're not (British) English words.

And we use a railway station too, not a train station.

• Backroom

THEY butcher languages? What the hell is English then? We've butchered virtually every language going to get to where we are.

And most English people under 35 seem only happy to say 'innit blud'. At least I can make sense of American English.

Anyway, that list, eh? :P

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

You can move a couple around for sure depending on the day, but over an entire career spanning different competitions, domestic and international and I think my list holds up well.

Makelele is certainly above Lampard, I have always and will always argue that Lampard became a better player with Makelele by his side (and peaked at Essien). Makelele, Viera and Keane are the three best defensive midfielders in Premier League history.

I would have had Brad higher, he wouldn't have looked out of place and he was unappreciated but Van Der Sar and Schmeichel are on a different level when it came to level of opposition.

EDIT: Also if Le Tissier had played at United or Arsenal then there would no argument.

Makelele is certainly above Lampard.

He's really not. Not in a million years. The entire Chelsea team improved massively due to the investment around the time that Makalele arrived, so of course it would be easier for a player like Lampard to shine.

However, he was doing the business long before Makalele arrived, and long after he left. And Friedel? Like it or lump it, only Rovers fans would have him anywhere near a "Top 20 Premier League Players of All Time" List.

Americans have adopted some of our words, as have the French. And we've adopted some American and French words, Latin too, and probably a few other countries. Its a natural thing, who cares. Certainly no need for another round of vindictive America bashing borderline racism. I wonder if the people who seem to think its ok to sling insults at them all the time would do the same to Pakistanis or Indians regarding their countries?

Regarding Lampard, I agree with Batman. Lampard has achieved a stunning amount in the English game, their are very few players who top him. Praised by Zidane recently, and you don't get that for nothing.

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

Makelele is certainly above Lampard, I have always and will always argue that Lampard became a better player with Makelele by his side (and peaked at Essien). Makelele, Viera and Keane are the three best defensive midfielders in Premier League history.

Bit on a nonsensical argument. They are completely different players playing completely different roles. Comparing the two is like comparing a full back and a winger. Two Makeleles in the same team would have been a disaster and so would two Lampards in the same team. What they did do was complement each other very well.

Archived