BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Someone has finally figured it out after all these years

I had a sense of de ja vu when reading this as I'm sure I've had this debate on here a few years back. But anyway finally someone has chosen to print what we all knew, we earnt that league title not bought it.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1028-Reappraisal/10472-blackburn-rovers-didn-t-buy-the-title-they-earned-it

Nowt more annoying than the attitude that we simply clicked on "buy it now " from Ebay and the title was put on next day delivery. Every club that has ever won the title had to spend money, but that seems to be forgotten. I would love to know how much money was spent by the teams that have won the prem, not just that actual year but also the run up.

Nowt more annoying than the attitude that we simply clicked on "buy it now " from Ebay and the title was put on next day delivery. Every club that has ever won the title had to spend money, but that seems to be forgotten. I would love to know how much money was spent by the teams that have won the prem, not just that actual year but also the run up.

I like to use this website for transfers. Although it won't be 100% accurate as it doesn't include certain "undisclosed" transfers.

http://transferleague.co.uk/

I had a sense of de ja vu when reading this as I'm sure I've had this debate on here a few years back. But anyway finally someone has chosen to print what we all knew, we earnt that league title not bought it.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1028-Reappraisal/10472-blackburn-rovers-didn-t-buy-the-title-they-earned-it

Good article

Certainly is a good article, but don't think we helped ourselves in creating the myth, loads o money chants etc, it was fun rubbing peoples noses in it though and upsetting the big boys. Think the press were annoyed that we didn't let United get their third premiership in a row

I can't say I have ever cared what others thought about it. Like the Everton simpleton who commented based on us battering his team at his ground people forget that we were nigh on invincible at home and scored 3 goals or more on more occassions that I can remember.

Only the ignorant denegrate out title winning side

Some lamentable comments below, shame. It saddens me a bit, this counterargument to the well-wrought deconstruction of what we actually spent..."Well yes, you didn't outspend United, but United 'deserve' it because they are just naturally a massive club, whereas you are small timers. How dare you!"

Sad...because another way to look at it is that this is EXACTLY why we deserved our moment in the sun. Yes, our spending power rocketed, but that has happened with other clubs since (and before somewhat, if I recall rightly...and didn't we also pretty much begin the professional game in England with our financial advantage?). But, Jack didn't just take an established top flight side with a nice stadium and flood it with even more money, a la Chelski and City. He took the club he LOVED, with a rotting stadium, training on Pleasington, in a league below and he FORGED it into what it became. To use an analogy, he didn't just buy a computer on Amazon, he bought all the constituent parts and built the damn thing. But even that implies it was alone, when it wasn't. He ensured the personnel were in place to do the heavy lifting (so maybe a house planned and built from scratch is a better analogy). The reconstruction required at Rovers wasn't something you can just wave your wallet at. Jack had a vision, and systematically rebuilt the club in every facet. He dragged us up from the second tier- do you think we could attract players the way City and Chelsea did? Of course not. Jack TRIED throwing money at it straight away when he tried to sign Lineker and got laughed at. We COULDNT just go buying top stars willy nilly. And we certainly never saw the kind of player turnover the other two did whilst doing it. Our achievement is more remarkable because of what we were, not less worthy.

Oh and the Everton game...I was there, as a young lad, with my dad. Having infiltrated the Everton end. We scored after something like sixteen seconds, and I can assure that poster...whilst he might have hated the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it :) On top of which, it's a bit bloody rich. Everton's visits to Ewoods over the years have been THE most consistently boring ones. At least two of them rank in my top three of all time tedious games I've seen live. They were known for robbing points from us with luck too.

KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN

Some lamentable comments below, shame. It saddens me a bit, this counterargument to the well-wrought deconstruction of what we actually spent..."Well yes, you didn't outspend United, but United 'deserve' it because they are just naturally a massive club, whereas you are small timers. How dare you!"

Sad...because another way to look at it is that this is EXACTLY why we deserved our moment in the sun. Yes, our spending power rocketed, but that has happened with other clubs since (and before somewhat, if I recall rightly...and didn't we also pretty much begin the professional game in England with our financial advantage?). But, Jack didn't just take an established top flight side with a nice stadium and flood it with even more money, a la Chelski and City. He took the club he LOVED, with a rotting stadium, training on Pleasington, in a league below and he FORGED it into what it became. To use an analogy, he didn't just buy a computer on Amazon, he bought all the constituent parts and built the damn thing. But even that implies it was alone, when it wasn't. He ensured the personnel were in place to do the heavy lifting (so maybe a house planned and built from scratch is a better analogy). The reconstruction required at Rovers wasn't something you can just wave your wallet at. Jack had a vision, and systematically rebuilt the club in every facet. He dragged us up from the second tier- do you think we could attract players the way City and Chelsea did? Of course not. Jack TRIED throwing money at it straight away when he tried to sign Lineker and got laughed at. We COULDNT just go buying top stars willy nilly. And we certainly never saw the kind of player turnover the other two did whilst doing it. Our achievement is more remarkable because of what we were, not less worthy.

Oh and the Everton game...I was there, as a young lad, with my dad. Having infiltrated the Everton end. We scored after something like sixteen seconds, and I can assure that poster...whilst he might have hated the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it :) On top of which, it's a bit bloody rich. Everton's visits to Ewoods over the years have been THE most consistently boring ones. At least two of them rank in my top three of all time tedious games I've seen live. They were known for robbing points from us with luck too.

A fantastic post and a realistic reminder.

I too was at Goodison Park on that day but sat amongst the Everton fans in The Gladwsys Street End which was a bit scary to say the least. 2 up after 10 mins and Shearer booting the ball over the stand at every opportunity didn't go down too well!

If it was as easy as just spending money many others would have won it over the years. Newcastle have spent a fortune trying, and failed.

Money just gets you to the table. You have to play your hand to win!

Thanks Jack and King Kenny

Archived