SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Christmas Quiz Question

47er

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're halfway there! He did it twice!

I'd say the correct answer is 50 yards. He had two attempts so 2x25 = 50. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, Jimmy Anderson doesn't run as far ! I expected him to burst the net with a thunderbolt at the end of it all. What we actually got was a very tame side foot straight at the keeper. Why the ref let him take it again I'll never know. Maybe he couldn't credit it either. Unbelievably he did exactly the same thing again with exactly the same result.

Later on in the game we got another penalty which Eamon Rogers slotted away for the winner.

Ok another old one, who was Rovers first substitute and who did he replace ?

David May, Henning Berg, Graeme Souness, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole

May was an unused sub and Berg was not named. Just Cole and Yorke from that game.

Whats that coming over the hill is it a Nonda is it a Nondaaaa

2004 final at various points had Benni McCarthy, Shabani Nonda and Gael Givet all on the pitch!

I'd say the correct answer is 50 yards. He had two attempts so 2x25 = 50. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, Jimmy Anderson doesn't run as far ! I expected him to burst the net with a thunderbolt at the end of it all. What we actually got was a very tame side foot straight at the keeper. Why the ref let him take it again I'll never know. Maybe he couldn't credit it either. Unbelievably he did exactly the same thing again with exactly the same result.

Later on in the game we got another penalty which Eamon Rogers slotted away for the winner.

Ok another old one, who was Rovers first substitute and who did he replace ?

John Byrom replaced Mick McGrath

If memory serves me correctly the penalty was retaken because the keeper moved

There are probably thousands of clubs that question could apply to! :P

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Cardiff

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham?

Liverpool

Man U

Stoke

Swansea

Tottenham

Correct, it usually takes people a while to get Stoke or Fulham

My favourite football trivia question is the players to have won the Premier League, La Liga and the Champions League.

Archived