BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Wayne for all your hard work and answering questions.

Do you think that the owners have instructed Pasha to block all communication from Fans like yourself and the MP's who at the end of the day just want a meeting? Im sure they would be nothing untowards happen but its just appears to be a massive wall of silence from them. The Communication line seems longer than ever now. Even Coyle doesnt speak to Pune or Rovers board. Its Pasha job to do that. 

I still dont even understand why they havent sold us in the recent 2 years times. They would be interest from potential buyers but they just wall of silence all of the time. No communication, no desire to involved the local community or fanbase, no proper investment in the 1st team. 

The heart of the club and fanbase has been ripped out of the club by them and they simply dont care about us. We has fans have to keep the supporting the team and the players and IMO we have to stay up. 

Wayne, do you think the club will sold in the next 12 months or do you think they keep it running to a minimum?

Honest answer is I really do no know. I think all the various supporter criticisms, snowball etc etc have made them pull up the drawbridge and fulfil their responsibilities to pay the bills but not to invest anymore. I think its a matter of pride or/and unable to find a buyer to pay them what they think they want back as part of the losses.

I honestly don't know. 5 years later and I'm still scratching my head as to why ?!?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They are employees because they chose to apply for positions at a football club where they knew they would end up being figureheads, and potentially bearing the brunt of the anger and frustration of the fans. They are being paid handsomely for this privilege whilst at the same time insulting the intelligence of the fans by calling Coyle 'the outstanding candidate' (Cheston) or spouting inane middle-management drivel (Senior). They work for Venky's, not Rovers, and any criticism is entirely justified.  

As for 10,000 fans paying a tenner each every year into the Trust I think that's a brilliant idea.  I'm sure some could afford more. I doubt the Venky reign will end well for the club so it's vital a group/trust with Rovers at heart has some funds in place to help when the inevitable happens. It's also vital that the group/trust has a strong influence over the future direction of the club when this nightmare finally ends, so it doesn't happen again. 

I'd hope all Rovers fans would support an initiative like this.

That was one initiative we were pursuing recently. My idea was to employ 2/3 full time staff to work on RT membership drive and other initiatives full time. This has been one of the biggest hurdles for all RT and BRFCAG officers who work !

To facilities this it needs funding. I agree some will pay more, perhaps supporters from across the country and globe who cant attend may donate hamsomely. I'm sure it can work. But - the issue will continue to remain with no communication from the owners. A purposely driven membership campaign can only be healthy for the long term stability of the RT. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They are employees because they chose to apply for positions at a football club where they knew they would end up being figureheads, and potentially bearing the brunt of the anger and frustration of the fans. They are being paid handsomely for this privilege whilst at the same time insulting the intelligence of the fans by calling Coyle 'the outstanding candidate' (Cheston) or spouting inane middle-management drivel (Senior). They work for Venky's, not Rovers, and any criticism is entirely justified.  

As for 10,000 fans paying a tenner each every year into the Trust I think that's a brilliant idea.  I'm sure some could afford more. I doubt the Venky reign will end well for the club so it's vital a group/trust with Rovers at heart has some funds in place to help when the inevitable happens. It's also vital that the group/trust has a strong influence over the future direction of the club when this nightmare finally ends, so it doesn't happen again. 

In defence of Mike he didn't apply to be MD. He is and was FD. Not capable of being in the senior position in my opinion but ended up there by default. A decent man however. 

Wayne, I also want to thank you and the others for the work you have done with the Trust. I just have one question--if Venkys hold on and continue to run the club into oblivion, would you support the establishment of a new club for the supporters e.g. Rovers 2017 or whatever?

2 hours ago, Wayne Wild said:

The two groups have the same love for the club but different end goals. having 2 groups can be confusing to some but it also means action and ideas from 2 angles. Obviously this is for the new RT committee and current BRFCAG committees to decide.

I genuinely think that two or even three separate fan groups has always been the wrong thing. When you sat at that table at KGH last year I thought it was the start of a united front AGAINST the owners and FOR the football club. Sadly that hasn't turned out to be the case. 

Overall there have been some good ideas and separate fundraising exercises but they haven't been coordinated. Running a committee properly takes a lot of time, energy and commitment and I applaud anyone who steps up - particularly when it's for an organisation half the fan base don't see the need for, and a large portion don't want.

Having the likes of Paul K, Mark, Ozz and a few others come together under the Rovers Trust would provide the energy and ideas, and would give us half a chance to "Pull a Pompey" when the time comes. This next public incarnation of the Trust needs to be able to bridge the 'divide' between action and diplomacy. It must not be one of several groups vying to deal with the administrator.

Good luck to whomever steps forward. It's not an easy job. I'm secretly hoping that Ians B & C look to get involved.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

£100,000 per year would mean weekly wages of just under £175 per week, with volunteer ground staff and unpaid board. Meanwhile the average League Two player is on about eight times that.

That £100k will cover one League Two standard player.

We are going to need a lot of help. I can only hope that there are plenty of people out there who are keen to own a football club and able to run it. But then you look at the farce with Morecambe: you really don't want to be thrown to the wolves in this game.

Just now, Stuart said:

£100,000 per year would mean weekly wages of just under £175 per week, with volunteer ground staff and unpaid board. Meanwhile the average League Two player is on about eight times that.

We are going to need a lot of help. I can only hope that there are plenty of people out there who are keen to own a football club and able to run it. But then you look at the farce with Morecambe: you really don't want to be thrown to the wolves in this game.

£100k is purely for 2/3 employees as it clearly says in my message, working for the RT to generate membership and other full time activities - not to run a football club ! Ive only been back on here for one morning and its already getting frustrating.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I genuinely think that two or even three separate fan groups has always been the wrong thing. When you sat at that table at KGH last year I thought it was the start of a united front AGAINST the owners and FOR the football club. Sadly that hasn't turned out to be the case. 

Overall there have been some good ideas and separate fundraising exercises but they haven't been coordinated. Running a committee properly takes a lot of time, energy and commitment and I applaud anyone who steps up - particularly when it's for an organisation half the fan base don't see the need for, and a large portion don't want.

Having the likes of Paul K, Mark, Ozz and a few others come together under the Rovers Trust would provide the energy and ideas, and would give us half a chance to "Pull a Pompey" when the time comes. This next public incarnation of the Trust needs to be able to bridge the 'divide' between action and diplomacy. It must not be one of several groups vying to deal with the administrator.

Good luck to whomever steps forward. It's not an easy job. I'm secretly hoping that Ians B & C look to get involved.

The 2 Ian's will not get involved directly  in RT or any other supporter group. They run a very successful investment company. I have an excellent relationship with them both. Should one day something serious transpires then I'm sure they'd be interested. Until then we await any real developments.

Lets be clear. The RT was established with a clear intention to have a full or part ownership in BRFC. Other supporter groups have different goals and that is why there has been different groups. It is the same at most clubs. We set up RAW as an umbrella purely as a process to poublicly support each other and coordinate ideas, it wasn't and isn't ANOTHER group. That was made clear over and over again.

So we can have clear discussion can you give me some indication of who you are and your connections to groups/companies/club etc ?

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Wayne, I also want to thank you and the others for the work you have done with the Trust. I just have one question--if Venkys hold on and continue to run the club into oblivion, would you support the establishment of a new club for the supporters e.g. Rovers 2017 or whatever?

Too early to say. Not really interested at this point in a new club.

Just now, Wayne Wild said:

£100k is purely for 2/3 employees as it clearly says in my message, working for the RT to generate membership and other full time activities - not to run a football club ! Ive only been back on here for one morning and its already getting frustrating.

I didn't reply to your message about the use of the £100k, I replied to somebody else. You want to calm down a bit and get some perspective. This can't be nearly as frustrating as the last few months since WAR was set up.

Just now, Stuart said:

I didn't reply to your message about the use of the £100k, I replied to somebody else. You want to calm down a bit and get some perspective. This can't be nearly as frustrating as the last few months since WAR was set up.

As I said. I'll converse with anyone wanting to make themselves known to me and for general sensible discussions.

The 2 Ian's will not get involved directly  in RT or any other supporter group. They run a very successful investment company. I have an excellent relationship with them both. Should one day something serious transpires then I'm sure they'd be interested. Until then we await any real developments.

Lets be clear. The RT was established with a clear intention to have a full or part ownership in BRFC. Other supporter groups have different goals and that is why there has been different groups. It is the same at most clubs. We set up RAW as an umbrella purely as a process to poublicly support each other and coordinate ideas, it wasn't and isn't ANOTHER group. That was made clear over and over again.

So we can have clear discussion can you give me some indication of who you are and your connections to groups/companies/club etc ?

That's all we can hope for Wayne: that Messers Battersby and Currie will be at the front of the queue to speak with the administrators - arm in arm with the RT.

I'm just a Rovers fan, mate. I'm also a Rovers Trust member (one of the fools who still believes that paying £10 into the RT is the right thing to do - minimum) and have taken part in protests. I know members of the RT and AG through that and grassroots stuff. I used to be a regular in the Foresters about 15 years ago. As well as an unfit pub footballer - probably due to all of those deep fried sausage butties. ;)

P.S. Love the Freudian slip with RAW! :)

As I said. I'll converse with anyone wanting to make themselves known to me and for general sensible discussions.

See the other posts/mini-thread. Let's not get off in the wrong foot...

Just now, Stuart said:

That's all we can hope for Wayne: that Messers Battersby and Currie will be at the front of the queue to speak with the administrators - arm in arm with the RT.

I'm just a Rovers fan, mate. I'm also a Rovers Trust member (one of the fools who still believes that paying £10 into the RT is the right thing to do - minimum) and have taken part in protests. I know members of the RT and AG through that and grassroots stuff. I used to be a regular in the Foresters about 15 years ago. As well as an unfit pub footballer - probably due to all of those deep fried sausage butties. ;)

P.S. Love the Freudian slip with RAW! :)

Having a fully functioning platform such as RT backed by Supporters Direct with a working committee, structure and platform backed up with a range of social media platforms that is READY TO GO should anything ever transpire is certainly worth £10 per year in my book. So I don't think that could ever be described as foolish.

I state again that if RT gets min 10,000 members paying £10 each per annum it could employ 2/3 full time employees that could devote their time to following up real actions. It needs to be treated like a business to have any real effect. 

52 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I didn't say I thought it was enough to run the club, £100k wouldn't run Bamber Bridge. 

8 hours ago, Wayne Wild said:

We have written many letters and prepared detailed presentations that have taken months to prepare. We will start to publish these to prove the content. We were told from all senior executives they were sent to Mrs Desai. I don't believe now they were. I think individuals were protecting themselves. We never one received any official replies in 5 years of trying. That in itself is an absolute scandal. 

I held a meeting in the boardroom with Mike Cheston and Paul Senior  prior to the Blackpool game. This resulted in me making the decision not to stand for re-election. I don't think I personally can make the breakthrough. They don't have the authority or I don't have the capability. Either way its time for someone else to pick up the baton. Preferably people with contacts and networks at high level.

If Cheston/Senior don't have authority, who appointed Coyle? Who can get rid of Coyle?...and where does Pasha fit in? 

Was he present or does he not have any authority either?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If Cheston/Senior don't have authority, who appointed Coyle? Who can get rid of Coyle?...and where does Pasha fit in? 

Was he present or does he not have any authority either?

Noises around say Balaji personally appointed Coyle after Warnock was given the nod the job was his. Therefore shows no one has authority.

Pasha who ? Imaginary friend. 

Noises around say Balaji personally appointed Coyle after Warnock was given the nod the job was his. Therefore shows no one has authority.

Pasha who ? Imaginary friend. 

Do they still call him the ghost ?

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Thanks for the kind words Stuart, I have said previously though that I believe that both groups have a place of their own and have their own individual agendas to work on towards the same goal.

The Trust is a professional group hoping to own or part own the club, The BRFCAG is a supporters group who will facilitate direct supporter protests, investigative work etc etc etc.

I would never expect to see a suited Wayne or Dan protesting down Bolton Road in the lashing rain neither could I see myself suited up in the kind of business meetings that the Trust will hopefully be involved with at Ewood sooner rather than later. This battle is being fought on several fronts and its better that groups do what they do best.

The WAR meeting was to show unity amongst supporter groups, it was always the plan that BRFCAG / Ewood Blues etc would be the public face of protests and The Trust would continue professionally preparing for D Day. Many missed this point and thought a new super group had been formed.

AS a group BRFCAG have publicly backed the Trust and continue to do so, we will always work with and help out where we can with any Rovers supporters or groups who share a common goal (as we do at the EWMC meetings).

Wayne, Dan and Neil have built a professional stable base for the Trust and now it's time for others to drive it forward. I'm sure those standing down still have the same desire and will help out the new committee as and when. 

Apathy has set in amongst many fans and active membership has I'm sure suffered as a result however both groups are still their, still fighting and still need support from the larger fan base. WE are in real danger of losing our Rovers as we know it, apathy will not save it.       

24 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Thanks for the kind words Stuart, I have said previously though that I believe that both groups have a place of their own and have their own individual agendas to work on towards the same goal.

The Trust is a professional group hoping to own or part own the club, The BRFCAG is a supporters group who will facilitate direct supporter protests, investigative work etc etc etc.

I would never expect to see a suited Wayne or Dan protesting down Bolton Road in the lashing rain neither could I see myself suited up in the kind of business meetings that the Trust will hopefully be involved with at Ewood sooner rather than later. This battle is being fought on several fronts and its better that groups do what they do best.

The WAR meeting was to show unity amongst supporter groups, it was always the plan that BRFCAG / Ewood Blues etc would be the public face of protests and The Trust would continue professionally preparing for D Day. Many missed this point and thought a new super group had been formed.

AS a group BRFCAG have publicly backed the Trust and continue to do so, we will always work with and help out where we can with any Rovers supporters or groups who share a common goal (as we do at the EWMC meetings).

Wayne, Dan and Neil have built a professional stable base for the Trust and now it's time for others to drive it forward. I'm sure those standing down still have the same desire and will help out the new committee as and when. 

Apathy has set in amongst many fans and active membership has I'm sure suffered as a result however both groups are still their, still fighting and still need support from the larger fan base. WE are in real danger of losing our Rovers as we know it, apathy will not save it.       

Great post Paul. But I stand by my thoughts on this one. (Easy for me to say mind).

its all about remits.

There is no reason that the RT can't act any more than the AG can be diplomatic. If it was a case of a military wing of the wider WAR coalition (excusing my own stupid analogy) then I could see the point of separation. But as it is, there is no real difference between the end goal of all of the groups. It's just poor strategy to stay separate. Providing their successors are trustworthy, when Venkys leave there will be need for an Action Group any more than there is a need for UKIP post-Brexit. The Rovers Trust is (or should be, IMHO) the one fan movement that everyone gets behind - and it would be great if you and Mark could be at the heart of it.

19 hours ago, Wayne Wild said:

Too early to say. Not really interested at this point in a new club.

Wayne, can I press you a little further on this one? Are you saying that a new club is an idea which may come but not yet? Or are you regarding it as a non-starter?

What I like about it, is that it doesn't require the permission of   Venkys. And they will be left with nothing.

What league we start in wouldn't matter because we will reach that level with Venkys anyway. 

Archived