BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well it all depends on what you believe a professional 'football club' is.

If you believe it is simply an organisation that puts 11 players on to a pitch at a certain ground in a certain kit, then you will just clap along those players on a Saturday afternoon.

Now if you believe 'the club' is more than that; its the history, the fans, the tradition, the town, the memories, what it represents to your family and its history; the 'essence' of the club, if you will, then to protect that institution you will do what you deem necessary. Personally, though in favour of protest, I don't boycott, as I believe keeping a decent matchgoing attendance is important, if our crowds totally collapse I don't forsee us ever competing at even League 1 level again. Others believe boycotting games is in the best interests of 'the club'.

Should we have sang 'Owen Coyle's Blue n White army' all season? After all, you've got to 'get behind the lads', right? Or should you boo and heckle? Of course you should, as for 'the good of the club', he had to be removed. 

The club IS the same, it has just been hijacked by nefarious characters, and people should do what they believe will help its recovery. 

For me, The club is about the fans, history, memories and something you past down to your children and their children.

I agree on the decent matchgoing attendance is important.

No I don't believe we should have been signing Coyle name unless it was this Coyle, you are getting sack in the morning.

I said I will support the players during Coyle time but not him. Wrong choice from day 1. But he gone now. The players seem more happy and lot more passion than under him now Mowbray is there. More proper training being done and working on tactics and set pieces. Mowbray has a plan A and B. Coyle didn't even have plan A.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

From the brief moments i've seen us at home, I don't know where this 'support' you refer to comes from anyway... You can hear cotton touching a piece of felt. 

with all fairness the support that has been shown since Mowbray arrival and the players has been nothing short of fantastic. Ewood Park on Saturday was a really good positive atmosphere and keep encouraging and singing. Fans didn't turn on the players or Mowbray so far. Most fans have been behind Mowbray since his arrival even tho he wasn't most people choice to replace Coyle. In some ways it remind me of the days of Mark Hughes.

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I don't disagree about the owners but owners, like managers and players come and go.  The club is still the same - Blackburn Rovers playing at Ewood Park in our traditional colours - but because of decisions by the owners we have slipped back down the League structure, indeed, may well slip further in future.  However, it is still the same club, albeit in dire circumstances at the moment, but the thousands - reduced I know, but there is nothing new in that - who still turn up for matches continue to support the same club that they have always supported.

You are right that it is same club but in somewhat dire circumstances at the moment but around 10k fans per game have decide to not let Venkys and their decisions force them out from following their club and continue to support their club inside the stadium. Do I wish it was more? you are damn right.

Do I respect People who have boycott and protested in the past or are currently? Yes I do but how many would honestly come back if Venkys did leave? around 25% I think.

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I and I believe many support the Club first and foremost and it naturally follows that players who are lucky enough to wear the Blue & White are also supported.

The Club comes first ALWAYS. That is not up for discussion.

The problem is that the Club has owners who are not fit for purpose.

The club has always got to come first. The problem is the owners and you are right to say they not fit for purpose.

The question is how do we get rid of them? fans boycotting and protesting hasn't force them out. and I'm sorry to say this but nothing will. They are not use to people challenging their decisions. Will they ever sell the club? hopefully so. But you cant touch these people cos they never visit England and if they do we never find out until after the event.

The government and FA have encouraged Foreign ownership of football clubs by not putting enough safeguards and rules in place. Do enough MP's and the government care about our football and the ownership of them? nope they don't. as long as they paid their bills and taxes then they don't give a monkey about it

21 hours ago, 47er said:

The Trust can only be as strong as the supporters make it. If the fans don't support it enough then the Trust lacks strength and this is what has happened.

People make reference to what they expect for £10 a year and spend twice that on beer on one match day.

what is the Trust short term and long term targets/aims?

what does the trust do with the money receive?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Neal said:

Course I haven't. I will be attending some away games though. Typically dodging the rest of the response and responding with a standard Parsonesque one liner when the questioning gets tough. If you haven't got the minerals to debate then think twice about smarmy one liners... Or expect to be pulled up on it. 

No point debating with folk who don't attend matches as I come on here to debate football. 

Chaddy...that is why any members of BRFCS need to get behind the 5 members of this messageboard who are standing for nomination to the Trust Board.

Just call us the 'Modernisation' group...who have met thru the EwoodWMC meetings. We want to make the Trust more inclusive;encourage Members to have a voice; and change the Trust to be more the regeneration engine of Rovers future support. We do not necessarily agree with the long-term Trust aims....the situation is too dire to leave til the Venkys decide to leave. 97% of Trust Members voted that they wanted Venkys to sell the Club...we want the Trust, in total collusion with other bodies, to hasten that. We want a more united supporter base but have to be much more proactive.

More as the week goes on....promise.

Just now, 47er said:

One of the Trust's aims is to collect £10 a year from all Rovers fans  and get pledges for more in the event of meltdown.

I suspect you stopped reading at that point!

Personally, I don't believe the Trust can raise sufficient funds to keep the club afloat come a meltdown.  We will need investment from outside of the local fan base and outside investment will be key if the owners do decide to pull the plug.  Of course, they may decide to continue just as they are doing until they can come to an arrangement with a buyer who will meet their terms or they may decide not to sell at all and hope that Senior/Mowbray can stabilize the club. 

Parsonblue....the 5 strong Modernisation Group agree with your point about future Investers. Likely to be one buyer and maybe a Consortia. The Trust pledgers are not able to match that 'firepower'. That is the reason we believe the Trust aims and objectives need realigning.

Trust election due to start on 24th March for one week.....more information on names later on.

Sorry for any mystery.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Personally, I don't believe the Trust can raise sufficient funds to keep the club afloat come a meltdown.  We will need investment from outside of the local fan base and outside investment will be key if the owners do decide to pull the plug.  Of course, they may decide to continue just as they are doing until they can come to an arrangement with a buyer who will meet their terms or they may decide not to sell at all and hope that Senior/Mowbray can stabilize the club. 

Exactly how Pompey trust was set up. Fans created a trust with brains and local business then got involved later during the admin process to help buy the club. 

Don't be too shortsighted. Everything has to start somewhere. Where will you be if something happened like that to BRFC?

13 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

No point debating with folk who don't attend matches as I come on here to debate football. 

Made me laugh... If that were true then you wouldn't be making dismissive comments about the trust Parson... You should have expected a response, you've got one and now you can't take it. 

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Made me laugh... If that were true then you wouldn't be making dismissive comments about the trust Parson... You should have expected a response, you've got one and now you can't take it. 

You seem to think that I'm actually bothered about anything you have to say.  When you called your fellow supporters mushrooms I think that about sums up your ability to debate. 

1 hour ago, mhead said:

Parsonblue....the 5 strong Modernisation Group agree with your point about future Investers. Likely to be one buyer and maybe a Consortia. The Trust pledgers are not able to match that 'firepower'. That is the reason we believe the Trust aims and objectives need realigning.

Trust election due to start on 24th March for one week.....more information on names later on.

Sorry for any mystery.

If you are talking about major investors rather than relying on supporters coughing up a tenner here and there that sounds far more promising.

52 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

You seem to think that I'm actually bothered about anything you have to say.  When you called your fellow supporters mushrooms I think that about sums up your ability to debate. 

Strange, if you weren't bothered you wouldn't have responded in the first place... Full of contradictions you fella. I guess dismissing fan efforts as 'nonsense' makes you the king of debate... As does, well you don't go so i'm not listening... You might as well stick your fingers in your ears amd blow raspberries... Grow up.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Neal, can I asked a couple of questions 

1. When and why have you boycotting and protesting?

2. Have you most protests?

3. Will you ever again come back to Ewood Park and be a ST Holder?

Regarding these questions Chaddy, have you ever read any of Neal's posts??

Particularly 1 & 2!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

2. Have you most protests?

3. Will you ever again come back to Ewood Park and be a ST Holder?

Only one question from me, Neal;

1) Can you work out what any of the above means?

• Backroom

Fair to say Neal has been prominent in pretty much all protests, I've not done them all but the ones I've been on I've seen him, he also joined Blackpool fans in Pre season.

23 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I don't disagree about the owners but owners, like managers and players come and go.  The club is still the same - Blackburn Rovers playing at Ewood Park in our traditional colours - but because of decisions by the owners we have slipped back down the League structure, indeed, may well slip further in future.  However, it is still the same club, albeit in dire circumstances at the moment, but the thousands - reduced I know, but there is nothing new in that - who still turn up for matches continue to support the same club that they have always supported.

You speak like this is part of a normal cycle of events. BRFC is losing around £1.5m per month and in grave danger of going bust. The owners have made no admission of this or given any indication of leaving.

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. When and why have you not been boycotting and protesting?

2. Have you done any protests that have happened?

Adjusted 1 and 2 and aiming them back. Genuinely, not being facetious. Just find it a bit odd that you refuse to answer these. Believe me, I've looked as much as a mod CAN look :P

I won't have a go at you for yes or no, I'm genuinely curious. Can answer by PM if you'd prefer?

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

You speak like this is part of a normal cycle of events. BRFC is losing around £1.5m per month and in grave danger of going bust. The owners have made no admission of this or given any indication of leaving.

And the man who has been here from 2011 suhail pasha continues to lurk in control as confirmed by Kentaro ex employees yesterday.

They confirmed he always was in the Kentaro office and used to go to games with them so the work permit news and Cheston confirmation was a way of trying to pacify the home office and naive supporters.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't believe we should have been signing Coyle name unless it was this Coyle, you are getting sack in the morning.

I said I will support the players during Coyle time but not him. Wrong choice from day 1. But he gone now. The players seem more happy and lot more passion than under him now Mowbray is there. More proper training being done and working on tactics and set pieces. Mowbray has a plan A and B. Coyle didn't even have plan A.

Au contraire Chaddington...

chaddometer4.png

42 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Why must people keep seeking to normalise all the abuse that is taking place?

Even Mr Coar referred to decision making being *just like when Jack was here".I heard that on the radio and nearly fell off my chair.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2. Have you did most protests that have happened?

3. Will you ever again come back to Ewood Park to watch a live game and be a ST Holder?

1) Boycotted since Lambert left. I'll go out on a limb here with no self righteous or egotistical motives but... I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to stand up and protest against Venkys and Kean. Type in 'Kean Out' on google images and the white banner with with red paint is mine.

2) Yes. I've done protest marches from the town centre, brown cow, at home and away from home at Bpool, at the training ground too. The only one I can recall not doing is the one that was inside the ground this season.

3) Good question. Course I will but the current situation for me is a matter of principle. As a fan who was passed over the turnstile at the old Ewood, who climbed the railings when we scored, who sat on my dads shoulders... I deserve better,we both do (me and my dad) and as supporters (and customers!) we won't be lied to and blamed for the owners failings. My dad got free tickets the past 2 games and offered me on both occasions but I said 'no thanks'... I didn't talk him out of going though. Yet people come on here and think that its a decision taken lightly when thinking about your memories growing up, saying things like 'hiding behind boycotting' or 'apathetic'... That's the one the irks me... Course people are apathetic! Why wouldn't they be? It's not an easy decision not to go and watch your team and even more so when they've finally got lucky and appointed a decent manager. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2. Have you did most protests that have happened?

3. Will you ever again come back to Ewood Park to watch a live game and be a ST Holder?

4. If you got an itchy bottom at night, would you rub it on your wife's chin, point your bottom out of the window to blow it off with the breeze, or pick at it with your finger?

Just now, Neal said:

1) Boycotted since Lambert left. I'll go out on a limb here with no self righteous or egotistical motives but... I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people to stand up and protest against Venkys and Kean. Type in 'Kean Out' on google images and the white banner with with red paint is mine.

2) Yes. I've done protest marches from the town centre, brown cow, at home and away from home at Bpool, at the training ground too. The only one I can recall not doing is the one that was inside the ground this season.

3) Good question. Course I will but the current situation for me is a matter of principle. As a fan who was passed over the turnstile at the old Ewood, who climbed the railings when we scored, who sat on my dads shoulders... I deserve better,we both do (me and my dad) and as supporters (and customers!) we won't be lied to and blamed for the owners failings. My dad got free tickets the past 2 games and offered me on both occasions but I said 'no thanks'... I didn't talk him out of going though. Yet people come on here and think that its a decision taken lightly when thinking about your memories growing up, saying things like 'hiding behind boycotting' or 'apathetic'... That's the one the irks me... Course people are apathetic! Why wouldn't they be? It's not an easy decision not to go and watch your team and even more so when they've finally got lucky and appointed a decent manager. 

You have to have your own voice, stand up for what you believe in and stick by your morals. Sounds like your doing just that! Leader and not a follower

Archived