BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Trust can only be as strong as the supporters make it. If the fans don't support it enough then the Trust lacks strength and this is what has happened.

People make reference to what they expect for £10 a year and spend twice that on beer on one match day.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Tell me, are these all nonsense too? Or just Rovers' Trust?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/links/supporters-trusts

Also, do you see Ewood Park protected as an Asset of Community Value as nonsense too?

Perhaps the work they have done for the local community is also nonsense?

Their aspirations - the aspirations of all of these trusts - to be part of the club structure... nonsense?

Swansea City Trust a beacon for the merits of Supporter Trusts. Are they also nonsense?

How about the way German football is not only organised but a thriving. Fans first. Safe standing. Bayern Munich season tickets cheaper than League Two. That must be proper nonsense?

A good post backing up your argument  

As you said, a poor post from Parson  

A throw away comment, clearly designed to illicit a reaction  

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Get behind the lads but won't get behind your fellow supporters... And people call ME a joke. Selfish. 

The whole point of Blackburn Rovers is to support the players on the pitch.  If you don't support the team that represents the club what's the point?  I don't go to matches to watch supporters Neal.  The supporters I go to matches with support the players on the pitch and we all support one another in that aim - so we do get behind our fellow supporters I suppose, just not in the way that you want.

And right on cue the annual £10 is paypaled.

No real issue with it, but what do I receive for this? I've not changed home or email address, yet, I've not recevied a thing in 5 years, not even a bumber sticker! If I was say, an older fan who wasn't internet savvy, how would I know anything? Or is there just nothing to say... (though electing a new board is surely of note?)

Just now, Parsonblue said:

The whole point of Blackburn Rovers is to support the players on the pitch.  If you don't support the team that represents the club what's the point?  I don't go to matches to watch supporters Neal.  The supporters I go to matches with support the players on the pitch and we all support one another in that aim - so we do get behind our fellow supporters I suppose, just not in the way that you want.

No,it's not the whole point.You have tunnel vision.

At a normal club you support the team AND the club ie those running it. In ours many fans are in a dilemma.

I and I believe many support the Club first and foremost and it naturally follows that players who are lucky enough to wear the Blue & White are also supported.

The Club comes first ALWAYS. That is not up for discussion.

The problem is that the Club has owners who are not fit for purpose.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I and I believe many support the Club first and foremost and it naturally follows that players who are lucky enough to wear the Blue & White are also supported.

The Club comes first ALWAYS. That is not up for discussion.

The problem is that the Club has owners who are not fit for purpose.

I don't disagree about the owners but owners, like managers and players come and go.  The club is still the same - Blackburn Rovers playing at Ewood Park in our traditional colours - but because of decisions by the owners we have slipped back down the League structure, indeed, may well slip further in future.  However, it is still the same club, albeit in dire circumstances at the moment, but the thousands - reduced I know, but there is nothing new in that - who still turn up for matches continue to support the same club that they have always supported.

I don't disagree about the owners but owners, like managers and players come and go.  The club is still the same - Blackburn Rovers playing at Ewood Park in our traditional colours - but because of decisions by the owners we have slipped back down the League structure, indeed, may well slip further in future.  However, it is still the same club, albeit in dire circumstances at the moment, but the thousands - reduced I know, but there is nothing new in that - who still turn up for matches continue to support the same club that they have always supported.

Agreed. The Club comes first.

Equally, there is thousands who cannot continue to support the club because they don't feel like it is 'the same'. You have to accept that?

Just now, J*B said:

Equally, there is thousands who cannot continue to support the club because they don't feel like it is 'the same'. You have to accept that?

He won't has he's blinkered and doesn't want to know anything other than get behind the lads... Yes the team which has been downgraded season on season by these charlatans 

11 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Nothing wrong with that.

Haha. Of course there isn't, but I notice you studiously left out the "FFS!" from the quote.

As I am sure you know, "Get behind the lads FFS" is a parody of people, who remain wilfully blind to the destruction of the club, as a whole.

Never mind the White Star and the iceberg, think of the deckchairs and the band LOL.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

If people don't feel they can continue supporting the club that's personal choice.  I've no problem with that.  Just as I don't expect anyone to have a problem with those of us who are happy to continue supporting the club.

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

If people don't feel they can continue supporting the club that's personal choice.  I've no problem with that.  Just as I don't expect anyone to have a problem with those of us who are happy to continue supporting the club.

Doesn't explain why you think the Trust is nonsense. Are they not trying to support the club ?

I know your interest is in the TEAM playing football but the CLUB consists of so much more than that.

We all want the team to do well and enjoy supporting them. At this moment in time it's the CLUB that needs support - 'LIFE SUPPORT' if things don't change soon 

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

If you deem it the WHOLE point in our situation Parson then that is a totally subjective point of view and one that I totally disagree with. Try telling that to a Blackpool fan who's fellow supporters have had their livelihoods taken from them due to their owners. The way this club is being run we could very much end up in the same position as Blackpool. Some people just see a bigger picture than just turning up for 90 minutes to get behind a players who would leave the club at the drop of a hat for bigger money... Players come and go but Blackburn Rovers fans will always be Blackburn Rovers fans, those fans are TRYING to develop something beneficial for the fan base and you deem it 'nonsense'... Warped. From the brief moments i've seen us at home, I don't know where this 'support' you refer to comes from anyway... You can hear cotton touching a piece of felt. 

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

If you deem it the WHOLE point in our situation Parson then that is a totally subjective point of view and one that I totally disagree with. Try telling that to a Blackpool fan who's fellow supporters have had their livelihoods taken from them due to their owners. The way this club is being run we could very much end up in the same position as Blackpool. Some people just see a bigger picture than just turning up for 90 minutes to get behind a players who would leave the club at the drop of a hat for bigger money... Players come and go but Blackburn Rovers fans will always be Blackburn Rovers fans, those fans are TRYING to develop something beneficial for the fan base and you deem it 'nonsense'... Warped. From the brief moments i've seen us at home, I don't know where this 'support' you refer to comes from anyway... You can hear cotton touching a piece of felt. 

You clearly haven't been to the games since Mowbray arrived.  Home and away the support has been brilliant and the matches totally engrossing.

Well it all depends on what you believe a professional 'football club' is.

If you believe it is simply an organisation that puts 11 players on to a pitch at a certain ground in a certain kit, then you will just clap along those players on a Saturday afternoon.

Now if you believe 'the club' is more than that; its the history, the fans, the tradition, the town, the memories, what it represents to your family and its history; the 'essence' of the club, if you will, then to protect that institution you will do what you deem necessary. Personally, though in favour of protest, I don't boycott, as I believe keeping a decent matchgoing attendance is important, if our crowds totally collapse I don't forsee us ever competing at even League 1 level again. Others believe boycotting games is in the best interests of 'the club'.

Should we have sang 'Owen Coyle's Blue n White army' all season? After all, you've got to 'get behind the lads', right? Or should you boo and heckle? Of course you should, as for 'the good of the club', he had to be removed. 

The club IS the same, it has just been hijacked by nefarious characters, and people should do what they believe will help its recovery. 

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No real issue with it, but what do I receive for this? I've not changed home or email address, yet, I've not recevied a thing in 5 years, not even a bumber sticker! If I was say, an older fan who wasn't internet savvy, how would I know anything? Or is there just nothing to say... (though electing a new board is surely of note?)

You can always buy a Rovers Trust pair of shorts or drinks mat on their on-line store :mellow:.  Should be a talking point if you wear the shorts at an away game.  Even more of a talking (laughing point) if I were to wear some.

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Matty send me your details and I'll look into it. You should get emails etc.

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

You clearly haven't been to the games since Mowbray arrived.  Home and away the support has been brilliant and the matches totally engrossing.

Course I haven't. I will be attending some away games though. Typically dodging the rest of the response and responding with a standard Parsonesque one liner when the questioning gets tough. If you haven't got the minerals to debate then think twice about smarmy one liners... Or expect to be pulled up on it. 

Archived