BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams to be Chief Exec at Southampton

I think more to the point now , why is this Nick Harris character muck raking with confidential Club correspondence 3 years on?

A) It shouldn't be in his possession in the first place and

B) The only possible motive for dredging up historic correspondence when we appear to be moving towards relative normality is to cause the Club maximum embarrasment.

Is Harris a closet Dingle or something?

Point of order about Williams,, Finn, Goodman, etc. none of them were sacked, they all engineered their own departures in their own time under their own terms with big pay offs.

Good luck to them as tbey did a good job while they were here, (especially Tom Finn imo) but any of them could still be here if they wanted to be.

I see you are still somewhat on the dark side Simon. Such was your dislike of Allardyce and your grudge against Williams that you still seem unable or maybe more accurately unwilling to accept that your early glee in welcoming the new owners and your subsequent misjudgement of the ongoing situation in 2011 can have been so completely wrong.

Now I don't know what went on behind the scenes but it appears pretty obvious that a number of people in the club both on the playing side and the management could distinguish the wood from the trees enough to jump off the runaway train with their reputations intact and relatively untarnished before it hit the buffers.

I think more to the point now , why is this Nick Harris character muck raking with confidential Club correspondence 3 years on?

B) The only possible motive for dredging up historic correspondence when we appear to be moving towards relative normality is to cause the Club maximum embarrasment.

You obviously haven't noticed the date on that article.

I wasn't aware he was...... but if so could it be because he is a sports journalist?

You obviously haven't noticed the date on that article.

My mistake, I saw today's date at the top of the website and took it to be the date of the article. My apologies to Mr. Harris.

Anyhow good luck to John Williams in his new role.Plum job and a dream role for him given his roots.

Williams was effectively sacked (constructive dismissal?) as I understand it in that his role no longer existed. He certainly didn't "engineer" his own departure but I'm sure he went when it suited him.

The story making the rounds at the time was that Venkys had been convinced by certain people that Allardyce, Williams and Finn were on the take and that they (Venkys) therefore didn't trust them. I have no idea, of

course of the veracity of this story, but the fact that Kean subsequently libelled Allardyce as a "crook" in a public bar lends a certain interest to the story. Additionally, Mrs Venky herself states in her letter that Williams did not get on with Kean.

Don't know how you can conclude Rev,that Williams and Finn engineered the situation to their own advantage, seems to me their own complaint was that the they and the whole Board for that matter had no role in the new set-up.

Horrible revisiting all this stuff after a long period but we should never forget it.

Point of order about Williams,, Finn, Goodman, etc. none of them were sacked, they all engineered their own departures in their own time under their own terms with big pay offs.

Good luck to them as tbey did a good job while they were here, (especially Tom Finn imo) but any of them could still be here if they wanted to be.

They were pushed into a corner where they could turn a blind eye to what was going on or get out. They chose to do the honourable thing and get out with the compensation due to them. The clowns in Pune put them in that position and have reaped the rewards of trusting in their own advisors instead of trusting guys who had the best interests of the club at heart. Sadly, whilst I have no sympathy whatsoever for Desai and her clan, as well as losing their own money they have also dragged the club into a perilous financial position. Something which John, Tom and Martin would have been able to avoid if they had been allowed to continue running the club.

Indeed. Make no mistake the clubs desperate financial plight and uncertain future would not exist but for the events of 2010/2011.

"There is a new order, a new way of doing things and I believe the time is right for me now to move on." John Williams.

"I know that he did not get along with Steve (Kean) and he had struggled to accept Jerome (Anderson)'s role at the club........
On Steve Kean, she said: "The manager is very good. When my brothers first met him they realised that the more you spend time with him the more impressive he becomes. "He is a thinking manager and we are very impressed with him and we are confident going forward." Mrs Desai

Says it all. Which one will be most suitable as our epitaph I wonder?

Indeed. Make no mistake the clubs desperate financial plight and uncertain future would not exist but for the events of 2010/2011.

"There is a new order, a new way of doing things and I believe the time is right for me now to move on." John Williams.

"I know that he did not get along with Steve (Kean) and he had struggled to accept Jerome (Anderson)'s role at the club........

On Steve Kean, she said: "The manager is very good. When my brothers first met him they realised that the more you spend time with him the more impressive he becomes. "He is a thinking manager and we are very impressed with him and we are confident going forward." Mrs Desai

Says it all. Which one will be most suitable as our epitaph I wonder?.

I remember my unease/concern/panic, when I read Mme Grim's quote. Classless or what!

As a red herring, last year my neice was doing some kind of business placement in India. At Christmas she told us she had actually been working in Pune, She is not from Blackburn and was very surprised that her younger cousins had even heard of the place.

One day she says she was stalked/ followed by a large bearded man in a limousine! Apparently, the man tried to persuade her- rather forcefully- to get into the car. She had to run into her student lodgings to escape...Gulp!

I remember my unease/concern/panic, when I read Mme Grim's quote. Classless or what!

As a red herring, last year my neice was doing some kind of business placement in India. At Christmas she told us she had actually been working in Pune, She is not from Blackburn and was very surprised that her younger cousins had even heard of the place.

One day she says she was stalked/ followed by a large bearded man in a limousine! Apparently, the man tried to persuade her- rather forcefully- to get into the car. She had to run into her student lodgings to escape...Gulp!

Theres' many a connection with Pune, Nashik and Mumbai with Blackburn, business and private

Just heard on BBC that Saints have given job of CEO, to someone else until the end of the season,

I think they said a previous or present director.

Yeah, I was going to ask for confirmation of this last night. I thought I heard on the radio the Liebber woman had appointed herself in Cortese's place (sp?) and they were considering appointing JW, but presumably not to the main role?

role

Archived