BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnsley v Rovers Tuesday 28/01 19.45

K-Hod

• Backroom

Never mind the pen which was clumsy play by Spurr in my opinion. What about the non marking for their first goal. Terrible.

Looks like Hanley losing his man again to me and leaving him to the full back

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasnt at the game last night so cant comment on who did well or not. Generally I cant form any real opinion on performances from listening to a radio commentary.

I have seen some brief highlights and it is clear from those that we had at least one blatant penalty turned down and if you give the Barnsley one then we can say that the second shout should also have been given. I have sympathy for Bowyer because that is three consecutive games (Forest, Derby and Barnsley) in which we have seen some atrocious refereeing decisions and he was absolutely right to highlight that at the end of the game yesterday, any manager would have done the same.

Hang on Kamy. This isn't allowed anymore. When Bowyer makes comments like this they are dismissed because, despite being factually correct, its indicative of a manager papering over the cracks. I believe its called 'bitchin'.

It makes me dizzy to think some believe this side, cobbled together by a manager in his first season, playing together for half a season, should be doing considerably better. We are where we should be.

Bowyer has been truthful (something I'd have thought most would appreciate given the recent history) and said from the get go that this side would have dips in form throughout the season. Other than Bowyer having a little more attacking intent, I've got no complaints.

• Backroom

Wonder when GB's going to spot this and make the necessary improvements.

Well we now have Dabo, Williamson is injured and Evans is due back within a month. Basic logic says he's doing that right now.

Highlights here. Another really really soft penalty

Good turn and run by Dunn, though I didn't see the four men he was supposed to have beaten, but he rolled back the years there and cairneys well connected shot went in thanks to a deflection so we got a bit of luck there. however the penalty was a soft one. No excuse though as they should have applied themselves better

That's how I saw it as well Tom. By the time Henley had realised Hanley was leaving it to him it was too late.

tbf to Handley (and I was intensely critical of him when he was sent off at Wigan) he was late to react but he has just switched positions remember. It'll take time to get used to the difference albeit maybe a subtle one. He did lose his man but in positions like those Henley must take some blame too cos all the movement was in front of him and he didn't make a move to compensate. Thats the kicker with football, every goal is someones fault even though things happen at lightning speed.

Hanley and Kilgallon let their centre forward wander free between them from an aimless chipped ball to be free 1 on 1 not even 10 minutes earlier, luckily Robbo made a great save. They had their warning there about leaving him free in the box! Not many games go by without our centre halves making a mistake, luckily in this league strikers aren't a ruthless as the Prem.

Well we now have Dabo, Williamson is injured and Evans is due back within a month. Basic logic says he's doing that right now.

Do you not think its too big of an ask of Dabo given that hes hardly played any football this season.

Good turn and run by Dunn

This is what we want to see from our other midfield men sadly they seem totally incapable.

• Backroom

Do you not think its too big of an ask of Dabo given that hes hardly played any football this season.

This is what we want to see from our other midfield men sadly they seem totally incapable.

True, tbh. But I have a hunch that he'll be the type to get out there and try to hit the ground running.

Based on nothing but hunch and hope tbh :P

Except our other midfielders were doing a good job of winning the ball back every time Dunn lost it.

Dangerous talk that around here Tombro, even if it is true. Cairney and Dunn gave the ball away far more than Lowe and Williamson. To a certain extent you might expect that if they are the ones to try to open up a defence and Lowe and Williamson are just the hod carriers but on Tuesday they clearly hadn't read the script. Cairney scored a great goal and had the chance top do it again in the second half but also gave the ball away a number of times including twice trying to play an ambitious cross field ball in our own half. On the other hand Lowe had a hand in both goals. In the second half a bloke in front of me commented that Williamson was the only one holding the midfield together and certainly we played a lot worse after he went off.

Archived