BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers U21's

FGS5635

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to JAL, had you just said that I don't think you would have got the reaction you did (or you may have).

To recap your original assessment:

- The real deal

- Reminds you of Jack Wilshire

- Needs tying down to a long deal

If he's just "above average" and has made the U21s a couple of years early, you may have been guilty over overselling him...

Definitely Stuart then unleaded replies by claiming hes a raw talent in capital letters talk about building someone up only to be let down. If Hyuga is that good then he should be having a run out in the mediocre first team before the seasons out.

I sometimes don't believe this site. Unleaded shares his pleasure at seeing a good Rovers prospect and all he gets is a load of abuse. What's wrong with you lot?

I sometimes don't believe this site. Unleaded shares his pleasure at seeing a good Rovers prospect and all he gets is a load of abuse. What's wrong with you lot?

The voice of reason,

that won't go down well with some

:wacko:

You're missing the point Al. This board is about wallowing in self-pity not looking for reasons to see a small chink of light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. :glare:

I think unless you're involved in academy football, you don't realise all the transfer dealings that actually take place. Particularly since they relaxed the rules on whether a player lives within an hours drive of the club.

A rep who comes into my work has a son that plays for Liverpool U12s at the moment, and he has told me some interesting tales. The most interesting being.

• Liverpool have players in their under 12s that are from foreign countries, the players and their families have moved over to comply with the rulings, ala Cesc Fabregas.
  • They also have regular scouts at other clubs, even at under 7s age.
  • Lads from Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Wigan all go to Liverpool four nights a week for training
  • The current Blackburn under 12 side has several players who were released by Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd etc.
  • The youngsters are taken out of school on Wednesdays and Thursdays in order to train, in return the club make the lads do homework and catch up, but the standards aren't as good as if they stayed in school
  • Manchester City's financial dominance can be felt even at under 12 level!

I have no reason to believe he'd be lying, and I'm sure some of this is merely the tip of the iceberg. I suppose it emphasises just how hard it is to be recognised, stand out and eventually become a professional footballer.

It also angers me how a generation of children are still being fed the dream of becoming a professional footballer ahead of actually getting a decent education. I know this is nothing new, but do they have to take the kids out of school? Surely a law can be passed to make it illegal for clubs to do this, particularly when at 16 they can leave anyway!!!

I prefer the American system where they at least get to the College/University level before the big time comes calling.

I think unless you're involved in academy football, you don't realise all the transfer dealings that actually take place. Particularly since they relaxed the rules on whether a player lives within an hours drive of the club.

A rep who comes into my work has a son that plays for Liverpool U12s at the moment, and he has told me some interesting tales. The most interesting being.

• Liverpool have players in their under 12s that are from foreign countries, the players and their families have moved over to comply with the rulings, ala Cesc Fabregas.
  • They also have regular scouts at other clubs, even at under 7s age.
  • Lads from Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Wigan all go to Liverpool four nights a week for training
  • The current Blackburn under 12 side has several players who were released by Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd etc.
  • The youngsters are taken out of school on Wednesdays and Thursdays in order to train, in return the club make the lads do homework and catch up, but the standards aren't as good as if they stayed in school
  • Manchester City's financial dominance can be felt even at under 12 level!

I have no reason to believe he'd be lying, and I'm sure some of this is merely the tip of the iceberg. I suppose it emphasises just how hard it is to be recognised, stand out and eventually become a professional footballer.

It also angers me how a generation of children are still being fed the dream of becoming a professional footballer ahead of actually getting a decent education. I know this is nothing new, but do they have to take the kids out of school? Surely a law can be passed to make it illegal for clubs to do this, particularly when at 16 they can leave anyway!!!

I prefer the American system where they at least get to the College/University level before the big time comes calling.

On the flip side a football league club recently set-up 4 satellite centres in the area. The majority of players signed hadn't been with a club before. In their 1st year almost 40 players signed for league or prem teams with 23 signing to the prem. Least we forget Jack O'Connell had never played for a club before signing for rovers, he'd been looked at and turned down. he was playing county level football at the time. There's plenty of talent out there, you just need to look.

The whole of youth development should be taken away from the clubs and brought under the banner of the FA and Schools. All the academy money can be pumped into this and all kids can get quality coaching and they can get an education. Lack of education is an issue in the game imo and prevents it developing as it could. At 18 after A-levels, they can sign for a club.

Wait till you find out that some clubs are considering opening and running their own schools. In holland they have special schools for sporting children (all sports), they get ferried to the club to train and then straight back for class once or twice a day. This makes far more sense to me than what is being proposed.

First i give an opnion that the boy is special then i get accussed that if hes that good why isnt he in the first team then i say that hes above average and a bit raw at the moment...

The facts are other clubs have picked up that hes good and people are taking notice of him....

Just like we are signing this Bristol Rovers striker

Whos out of contract and who the likes of Chelsea Spurs and Norwich scouted then Tanner is also being Flaged up as a Gem in the making in other clubs eyes.....thats the way the football chain works....

Personally i love the player and love his style and and how comfortable he looks each time hes pushed up a level........

Does it mean hes going to be a worldy ... No idea ..but the most important thing is the Rovers Staff also believe he is a bit special for him to be a regular in the Researves the last few games....

All i am saying is that hes worth keeping an eye on.....they dont come along very often...

He might be a Jack Wilkshire or even a Jerome Watt!.....lets hope hes the former...

On the flip side a football league club recently set-up 4 satellite centres in the area. The majority of players signed hadn't been with a club before. In their 1st year almost 40 players signed for league or prem teams with 23 signing to the prem. Least we forget Jack O'Connell had never played for a club before signing for rovers, he'd been looked at and turned down. he was playing county level football at the time. There's plenty of talent out there, you just need to look.

The whole of youth development should be taken away from the clubs and brought under the banner of the FA and Schools. All the academy money can be pumped into this and all kids can get quality coaching and they can get an education. Lack of education is an issue in the game imo and prevents it developing as it could. At 18 after A-levels, they can sign for a club.

Wait till you find out that some clubs are considering opening and running their own schools. In holland they have special schools for sporting children (all sports), they get ferried to the club to train and then straight back for class once or twice a day. This makes far more sense to me than what is being proposed.

I understood that Rovers have an academy where the lad's education is looked after as well as their football.

The big problem we have Majiball is trhast the peole running our clubs arte only interested in making money more than developing if the desire coiuld be maintained

First i give an opnion that the boy is special then i get accussed that if hes that good why isnt he in the first team then i say that hes above average and a bit raw at the moment...

The facts are other clubs have picked up that hes good and people are taking notice of him....

Whos out of contract and who the likes of Chelsea Spurs and Norwich scouted then Tanner is also being Flaged up as a Gem in the making in other clubs eyes.....thats the way the football chain works....

Personally i love the player and love his style and and how comfortable he looks each time hes pushed up a level........

Does it mean hes going to be a worldy ... No idea ..but the most important thing is the Rovers Staff also believe he is a bit special for him to be a regular in the Researves the last few games....

All i am saying is that hes worth keeping an eye on.....they dont come along very often...

He might be a Jack Wilkshire or even a Jerome Watt!.....lets hope hes the former...

If hes as good as you make out unleaded then we should be seeing him play in the first team.

Not sure what they learn in the Black Bull

Then the landlord should be prosecuted for serving underage drinkers. Are you saying that the Rovers' academy fails to give the lads an education?

Most footballers end up with an nvq or some such and a few gcse's as they attend college alongside their scholarship. So from 16+ or not school level. I'm not sure Rovers teach their 8's to 16's at Brockhall, but that is being proposed by some. You sign for our club you go to our school, all of them, not matter what age.

Guest Norbert

I think the University system of sport needs a revamp, so it is another route into professional football. Something a bit like the draft system they have in the USA.

Everyone needs a decent education, and the stereotypical route of leaving school at 16/17 with a couple of GCSE's as you spend more and more time on the training pitch is not conducive to creating well balanced and intelligent people who can cope with suddenly having lots of money and attention, Hopefully the academies.can actually provide a proper education, and are not just going through the motions.

I think the University system of sport needs a revamp, so it is another route into professional football. Something a bit like the draft system they have in the USA.

Everyone needs a decent education, and the stereotypical route of leaving school at 16/17 with a couple of GCSE's as you spend more and more time on the training pitch is not conducive to creating well balanced and intelligent people who can cope with suddenly having lots of money and attention, Hopefully the academies.can actually provide a proper education, and are not just going through the motions.

I had hoped that that's what the Rovers academy was doing. Maybe others know better.

How many get clubs clubs and how many don't? 2 maybe three contracts are given out a year from a squad of 18-25 odd kids. At a big club it's sound most of them are already driving 80K cars and the such as they get paid silly money. That money can give them a good start in life. But lower down they get £70.00 a week, most likely won't succeed and are left with basically going back to school or getting a crap job as they won't have anything like the qualifications their everyday peers have. The trouble is these kids don't spend more time on the training ground, yes it increases from 16's to youth team but from then onwards the load or amount of training doesn't really increase very much during the rest of their career.

I would introduce a school for sporting excellence in each region (all sports together for social reasons), introduce proper coaching at schools as well. School teams, competition etc, winning losing leagues so on and so on. I'd throw the current sports mode in schools out the window, no more medals for finishing 678th. The best kids go to the main school and quality coaching in school means you see every kid, none get missed, well fewer get missed. Build regional facilities etc and the such. People be moan a lack of talent and yet I've seen loads of kids who could do well if given a chance. Every kid must go to school, so shift it all away from the clubs and target it all through the one mode you can that ensures you get to see more kids. This surely is the best way to over-come the supposed talent issue? When they are 18 an FA employed agent etc represents the player and they can talk to whoever they want, with the FA getting a generous cut. They must do A-levels and still have to achieve what there peers do, they train on top. I'd also ensure that they (soccer players) got a fixed salary from 18-21 of say max 1K a week, with any amounts paid over that held in trust till they are 21.

How many get clubs clubs and how many don't? 2 maybe three contracts are given out a year from a squad of 18-25 odd kids. At a big club it's sound most of them are already driving 80K cars and the such as they get paid silly money. That money can give them a good start in life. But lower down they get £70.00 a week, most likely won't succeed and are left with basically going back to school or getting a crap job as they won't have anything like the qualifications their everyday peers have. The trouble is these kids don't spend more time on the training ground, yes it increases from 16's to youth team but from then onwards the load or amount of training doesn't really increase very much during the rest of their career.

I would introduce a school for sporting excellence in each region (all sports together for social reasons), introduce proper coaching at schools as well. School teams, competition etc, winning losing leagues so on and so on. I'd throw the current sports mode in schools out the window, no more medals for finishing 678th. The best kids go to the main school and quality coaching in school means you see every kid, none get missed, well fewer get missed. Build regional facilities etc and the such. People be moan a lack of talent and yet I've seen loads of kids who could do well if given a chance. Every kid must go to school, so shift it all away from the clubs and target it all through the one mode you can that ensures you get to see more kids. This surely is the best way to over-come the supposed talent issue? When they are 18 an FA employed agent etc represents the player and they can talk to whoever they want, with the FA getting a generous cut. They must do A-levels and still have to achieve what there peers do, they train on top. I'd also ensure that they (soccer players) got a fixed salary from 18-21 of say max 1K a week, with any amounts paid over that held in trust till they are 21.

Sounds good but the big clubs would just sit back and cherry pick.

Sounds good but the big clubs would just sit back and cherry pick.

They cherry pick already under the EPPP rules with fixed amounts for all players of something like 10K per season he's been at the club. That's less than the average weekly wage in the prem, so a maximum of 80K or two weeks wages. Any decent talent spotted at a small club will disappear now as before the club could turn round and dictate their price. it's rare for a kid to go from 8's to pro at one club, most are at the academies for about 2-3 years. The big clubs will be hoarding all the talent before long and the ones who do well at a lower level will most likely have been rejected by one of them.

The english player pinching plan

Franny Jeffers anyone?

Ronnie Clayton anyone?

Have i said something wrong!

All i am saying is tjhat IMHO Tanners a Above Average player and that has Also been noticed by the Brockhall Staff who have moved him up from the Under 16/17 to the Researves

That is a big jump for someone whos just arrived this year....

I Would never take the micky out Rovers fans...

Just want to share my enjoyment and excitement with the Board Members of this Raw Talent

Your information on these matters is much appreciated by most of us, Unleaded.

Keep the info coming.

Have you not fallen foul of the the three club rule unleaded regarding supposed this interest in Hyuga and when you talk about raw whats your views on Liam Langford, Sam Lavelle and Jack Doyle.

Archived