BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers U21's

FGS5635

How many get clubs clubs and how many don't? 2 maybe three contracts are given out a year from a squad of 18-25 odd kids. At a big club it's sound most of them are already driving 80K cars and the such as they get paid silly money. That money can give them a good start in life. But lower down they get £70.00 a week, most likely won't succeed and are left with basically going back to school or getting a crap job as they won't have anything like the qualifications their everyday peers have. The trouble is these kids don't spend more time on the training ground, yes it increases from 16's to youth team but from then onwards the load or amount of training doesn't really increase very much during the rest of their career.

I would introduce a school for sporting excellence in each region (all sports together for social reasons), introduce proper coaching at schools as well. School teams, competition etc, winning losing leagues so on and so on. I'd throw the current sports mode in schools out the window, no more medals for finishing 678th. The best kids go to the main school and quality coaching in school means you see every kid, none get missed, well fewer get missed. Build regional facilities etc and the such. People be moan a lack of talent and yet I've seen loads of kids who could do well if given a chance. Every kid must go to school, so shift it all away from the clubs and target it all through the one mode you can that ensures you get to see more kids. This surely is the best way to over-come the supposed talent issue? When they are 18 an FA employed agent etc represents the player and they can talk to whoever they want, with the FA getting a generous cut. They must do A-levels and still have to achieve what there peers do, they train on top. I'd also ensure that they (soccer players) got a fixed salary from 18-21 of say max 1K a week, with any amounts paid over that held in trust till they are 21.

Rooney would be doing his resits for the 19th time about now

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's team vs Man City :

ROVERS: Raya, Fernandez, Beesley, Tanner, Tumwa, Lenihan ©, Paulo Jorge, Payne, Rittenberg, Green, Bauress.
Subs: Cotton, Williams, Wall, Doyle, Joel.

I tought Hugo Fernandez was released, or is this some other guy?

• Backroom

Oh come on we were playing City who have one of the best academy's in the world lets not make hasty judgements on one game.

You seem like you can't wait for our young players to fail at times JAL it's a little disconcerting!

For your info though young Tanner tweeted after the game that you think you are nearly there then realise you are miles away.

Tonight will show some of them they are a long way from being 'elite' but hopefuly serve as a good lesson to them

For your info though young Tanner tweeted after the game that you think you are nearly there then realise you are miles away.

That's (almost) heartbreaking. :(

Although it could sum up our promotion prospects. :( :(

Oh come on we were playing City who have one of the best academy's in the world lets not make hasty judgements on one game.

You seem like you can't wait for our young players to fail at times JAL it's a little disconcerting!

Tonight will show some of them they are a long way from being 'elite' but hopefuly serve as a good lesson to them

We had one of the best until VENKYSCUM took over .

Are the ressies full of stability as well ?

Don't like to defend Venkys - but our ability to compete against th top teams had been in decline for a while - especially with the top teams (like City) starting to flex their financial muscle in this area of the game. If I remember correctly we had some pretty big defeats even before they took over. Also they have continued to invest in the Academy.

That's a major overstatement. In the past ten years we've produced one academy player capable of really holding down a first team place (Jones). The rest have been mediocre squad players at best.

If anything, it actually appears that Venkys are paying more attention to the academy and that things may actually improve on that front.

But believe what you will - we were FC Realbarcelonacity United before Venkys came in.

Tom I was trying to politely tell you that he was never near enough in the first place despite unleaded's over the top glossy comments.

Maybe everyone should be asking whats going on down at the academy as they look miles off the mark.

That's a major overstatement. In the past ten years we've produced one academy player capable of really holding down a first team place (Jones). The rest have been mediocre squad players at best.

If anything, it actually appears that Venkys are paying more attention to the academy and that things may actually improve on that front.

But believe what you will - we were FC Realbarcelonacity United before Venkys came in.

So things are better now are they ?

Are the ressies worse or better ?

Tanners tweet was what I was implying all along.

Anyone know how unleaded's rising talent fared tonight as the scoreline looks pretty damming.

Yep he was at fault for every one of the goals, didn't make a successful pass to a team mate all night and sat down at 3-0 down in the centre circle refusing to move or be subbed.............hopefully that's made you happy!

Lets look at what he has actually said -

"This Aussie kid Tanner looks the Real Deal..... Such quick feet and seems to have a lot of time on the ball......" - Doesn't actually specify what the real deal is could just mean has a chance of making 1st team.......he does.........has quick feet and lots of time - having seen him myself I would agree

"midfeilder Tanner looks the real deal & reminds me a of Jack Wiltshire so much ....." - Again mentions real deal he could well be if making it first team and who knows what else........reminds him of Jack Wilshere - doesn't say he will be better than, same as or worse just reminds him.....you could go down to a sunday league game and say this and people would know what you mean

"Was outstanding V Liverpool the other night and looks so comtable on the ball.....skillful... Good at set peices .... Amazing for such a young player..." - Again an opinion on one game.......no problems here

"Boys a bit special and worth the punt of tying him down......its a good sign that, Hes Already been moved up to the under 21s" - A bit special....not going to be a superstar, better than Messi...a bit special.... that is all......"WORTH THE PUNT" has a good chance of making it but may not.....he's not saying give him 30k a week now......and he has moved up to U21s......

"All i am saying is tjhat IMHO Tanners a Above Average player and that has Also been noticed by the Brockhall Staff who have moved him up from the Under 16/17 to the Researves, That is a big jump for someone whos just arrived this year...." - Above average.....again nothing controversial......

"Personally i love the player and love his style and and how comfortable he looks each time hes pushed up a level........Does it mean hes going to be a worldy ... No idea ..but the most important thing is the Rovers Staff also believe he is a bit special for him to be a regular in the Researves the last few games....All i am saying is that hes worth keeping an eye on.....they dont come along very often...He might be a Jack Wilkshire or even a Jerome Watt!.....lets hope hes the former..."

PERSONALLY - He is giving his opinion, doesn't tell people to live or die on his every word. Says he has no idea if he is going to be a worldy....says that Rovers staff (perhaps the most important people in all of this) have shown they have faith in him......

I also like the look of Yeray Torres....again just an opinion...not hyping him as a superstar as I never have done with any other players......I've been right and wrong about some........I thought Hanley looked awful at times for U18s but thank fully he has proved me wrong overall

Stop having a go at one person who expresses an opinion

Yep he was at fault for every one of the goals, didn't make a successful pass to a team mate all night and sat down at 3-0 down in the centre circle refusing to move or be subbed.............hopefully that's made you happy!

Lets look at what he has actually said -

"This Aussie kid Tanner looks the Real Deal..... Such quick feet and seems to have a lot of time on the ball......" - Doesn't actually specify what the real deal is could just mean has a chance of making 1st team.......he does.........has quick feet and lots of time - having seen him myself I would agree

"midfeilder Tanner looks the real deal & reminds me a of Jack Wiltshire so much ....." - Again mentions real deal he could well be if making it first team and who knows what else........reminds him of Jack Wilshere - doesn't say he will be better than, same as or worse just reminds him.....you could go down to a sunday league game and say this and people would know what you mean

"Was outstanding V Liverpool the other night and looks so comtable on the ball.....skillful... Good at set peices .... Amazing for such a young player..." - Again an opinion on one game.......no problems here

"Boys a bit special and worth the punt of tying him down......its a good sign that, Hes Already been moved up to the under 21s" - A bit special....not going to be a superstar, better than Messi...a bit special.... that is all......"WORTH THE PUNT" has a good chance of making it but may not.....he's not saying give him 30k a week now......and he has moved up to U21s......

"All i am saying is tjhat IMHO Tanners a Above Average player and that has Also been noticed by the Brockhall Staff who have moved him up from the Under 16/17 to the Researves, That is a big jump for someone whos just arrived this year...." - Above average.....again nothing controversial......

"Personally i love the player and love his style and and how comfortable he looks each time hes pushed up a level........Does it mean hes going to be a worldy ... No idea ..but the most important thing is the Rovers Staff also believe he is a bit special for him to be a regular in the Researves the last few games....All i am saying is that hes worth keeping an eye on.....they dont come along very often...He might be a Jack Wilkshire or even a Jerome Watt!.....lets hope hes the former..."

PERSONALLY - He is giving his opinion, doesn't tell people to live or die on his every word. Says he has no idea if he is going to be a worldy....says that Rovers staff (perhaps the most important people in all of this) have shown they have faith in him......

I also like the look of Yeray Torres....again just an opinion...not hyping him as a superstar as I never have done with any other players......I've been right and wrong about some........I thought Hanley looked awful at times for U18s but thank fully he has proved me wrong overall

Stop having a go at one person who expresses an opinion

Having seen the player several times just thought that unleaded was selling the lad a little bit too high would love unleaded to come back on and give more footballing reasons as to why he thinks the lad will make it.

I remembering watching Lowe at Brockhall and thought he was a below average player and was amazed he made it to the researves and then thought he woukd be released any time soon but is a regular Fist team player now!!!...crazy

Still think he's a below average player & very very lucky to get this far.... Sometimes its Not what you know but Who you know.....

Tanner i Like and hopfully he will come good...

Rovers are in Last place in the under 21s Table but Tanner cant be held for that .........

Archived