SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers U21's

FGS5635

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Anton Forrestor has done his ACL terrible news for him as that's 9 months out at a crucial development stage and may never recover some pace

Watched the game, thought we were terrific in the first half, some really nice, neat play and with some pace.

Obviously the two senior players helped the youngsters.

I thought Green on the right looked lively, as did the Payne/Rittenberg combination up top.

Edwards got his positioning all wrong on the goal.

Raya looks so comfortable with the ball at his feet, a Lloris type who is almost a ''sweeper keeper''.

Dare I say it, I thought Etuhu looked very composed and played some nice through balls and showed some neat touches in the middle of the park. King played well too.

One game in isolation doesn't mean an awful lot, but there is the potential for some of those to get first team action in the coming years.

@Transfer_News24: A number of Premier League sides are tracking Blackburn starlet Hyuga Tanner.

Alarms bells should be ringing loud down at Brockhall at this news cause this youngster has already been fast tracked to the under 21s. From the under 16s ......

16 year Old attacking midfeilder Tanner looks the real deal & reminds me a of Jack Wiltshire so much .....

Was outstanding V Liverpool the other night and looks so comtable on the ball.....skillful... Good at set peices .... Amazing for such a young player...

Rovers should Get it him tied up on a long term contract ASAP........

@Transfer_News24: A number of Premier League sides are tracking Blackburn starlet Hyuga Tanner.

Alarms bells should be ringing loud down at Brockhall at this news cause this youngster has already been fast tracked to the under 21s. From the under 16s ......

16 year Old attacking midfeilder Tanner looks the real deal & reminds me a of Jack Wiltshire so much .....

Was outstanding V Liverpool the other night and looks so comtable on the ball.....skillful... Good at set peices .... Amazing for such a young player...

Dont agree with you unleaded

The supporters on here should be asking why tie him to a long term contract if he doesnt make it.? Who's his agent unleaded ?

The supporters on here should be asking why tie him to a long term contract if he doesnt make it.? Who's his agent unleaded ?

To be fair, whilst caution is advisable, unleaded has seen him play...

His agent is Dan Flethcher i think according to Google Land ......

Boys a bit special and worth the punt of tying him down......its a good sign that

Hes Already been moved up to the under 21s

GB keeping tabs on Josh Brownhill... PNE Midfeilder

Often times sign them up and they stop developing, the just develop bigtimecharlueitis thinkin they have made the grade. Good to read some encouraging repirts about a couple of our youth players. We have had precious little come through lately and it has to be our way forward.

His agent is Dan Flethcher i think according to Google Land ......

Boys a bit special and worth the punt of tying him down......its a good sign that

Hes Already been moved up to the under 21s

GB keeping tabs on Josh Brownhill... PNE Midfeilder

Tanner is very talented player. just hope develops as player and pushing the first team squad next season.

after watching PNE on Monday. Brownhill looked good. played as box to box midfielder imo. not sure hes better than we have got tho.

I've seen Brownhill play two part games for PNE against Brentford and Leyton Orient. Whilst you have to be careful given he's playing at a lower level he did look to me to have what it takes to be a very decent player. He's still very young.

Tanner is very talented player. just hope develops as player and pushing the first team squad next season.

after watching PNE on Monday. Brownhill looked good. played as box to box midfielder imo. not sure hes better than we have got tho.

Really ? I watched that game and not one player stood out .. It was dire .

Well, unleaded you use the phrase 'a bit special' for young Tanner which seems very over the top choice of words that misleads the Rovers supporter.

Why cant the club just get on with the job quietly instead of coming out with crap like this unleaded, it really does take the Kean out of Blackburn Rovers supporters.

As for using Gary Bowyers name for watching some kid from PNE who's come out with that one seems like your pulling Blackburn Rovers supporters pants down once again.

That's great Chaddy, what match did you watch that Tanner's performance generated this opinion that he is very talented? What are his strengths as a player?

• Backroom

Well, unleaded you use the phrase 'a bit special' for young Tanner which seems very over the top choice of words that misleads the Rovers supporter.

Why cant the club just get on with the job quietly instead of coming out with crap like this unleaded, it really does take the Kean out of Blackburn Rovers supporters.

As for using Gary Bowyers name for watching some kid from PNE who's come out with that one seems like your pulling Blackburn Rovers supporters pants down once again.

A: Have the club said anything at all about Tanner? If I've missed it, let me know.

B: Did we have our pants pulled down when we bought Mahoney from Accy?

Can't handle that much positivity JAL?

Can't handle that much positivity JAL?

Is it really positivity USA Blue, sounds good doesnt it, or pure bullkean.

Whats the lads main attributes for this being something special over others ?

Guest Norbert

Even if he shat gold, scored 3,000 goals and brought world peace you'd still complain and be all 'he'll be rubbish' JAL!

Have i said something wrong!

All i am saying is tjhat IMHO Tanners a Above Average player and that has Also been noticed by the Brockhall Staff who have moved him up from the Under 16/17 to the Researves

That is a big jump for someone whos just arrived this year....

I Would never take the micky out Rovers fans...

Just want to share my enjoyment and excitement with the Board Members of this Raw Talent

It's good to see that we have an exciting crop of youngsters coming through and could be breaking into the first team next season.

Tanner, O'Connell, Preston, Rittenburg, Green, Mahoney all look particularly good.

We said this last season;

Hugo Fernandez, Raheem Hanley, Robbie Cotton, Tim Payne etc

All i am saying is tjhat IMHO Tanners a Above Average player and that has Also been noticed by the Brockhall Staff who have moved him up from the Under 16/17 to the Researves

Just want to share my enjoyment and excitement with the Board Members of this Raw Talent

Don't beat yourself up unleaded. JAL seems to have got sand in his vagina again. Don't really know what he's getting his knickers in a twist about.

Some of us appreciate the heads up on some of the talent coming through the ranks.

To be fair to JAL, had you just said that I don't think you would have got the reaction you did (or you may have).

To recap your original assessment:

- The real deal

- Reminds you of Jack Wilshire

- Needs tying down to a long deal

If he's just "above average" and has made the U21s a couple of years early, you may have been guilty over overselling him...

Archived