BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers U21's

FGS5635

I remembering watching Lowe at Brockhall and thought he was a below average player and was amazed he made it to the researves and then thought he woukd be released any time soon but is a regular Fist team player now!!!...crazy

Still think he's a below average player & very very lucky to get this far.... Sometimes its Not what you know but Who you know.....

Tanner i Like and hopfully he will come good...

Rovers are in Last place in the under 21s Table but Tanner cant be held for that .........

How do you view young Rittenberg unleaded when you've seen him playing.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another dire performance and Kean was awful in goal. Partly responsible for the first and allowed the second to slip through his hands as he went down in stages to save. Saves us the embarrassment of another defeat at the hands of the Clarets. Bury were the better side and thoroughly deserved their win.

See unleaded's raw talent subbed just before the hour mark when it comes to raw id like to know how did Sam Lavelle play.

He was injured. Had treatment at half time and was replaced within a couple of minutes of the second half starting. Lavelle was not very good in truth but, then again, you would be hard pressed to pick anyone in the Rovers team who was.

Its always nice when we have a youth team thats doing well, but the player turnover is phenomenal, not just at Rovers but at every club! So few actually make it to the first team, and even our most successful teams have many players who are playing lower league football.

Take for example our team that lost to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup FINAL a couple of seasons back.

Urwin - 1 reserve game this year, spent time on loan at Stalybridge Celtic

Wylie - released

Beesley - Still in u-21s

Edwards - On loan at Morecambe

O'Connell - On loan at Rochdale

Raheem Hanley - Released, now at Swansea, in their reserves

Hands - released

O'Sullivan - On loan at Southport

Fernandez - Set to be released, if reports are to be believed

Osawe - released, now at Southport

Haley - at club, had been on loan at Workington

Payne - at club, no senior appearances

Dilo - released, now at St Mirren

Laverty - released

Boland - released

Cotton - to be released? The great white hope at one point

Daly - On loan at Southport

Should just let skysports do our transfer dealings seem keen to bring them to the attention of prospective purchasers ,hope they have decent contracts that are beneficial to the club. Wonder if they will play an active role in next seasons first team

Already covered Perth ^, but if we can sell him twice we're up to £31m. The Trust need to buy them now while they're cheap, sell 'em and then buy the club.

lol, yeah missed your first post edited it out of mine afterwards

Should just let skysports do our transfer dealings seem keen to bring them to the attention of prospective purchasers ,hope they have decent contracts that are beneficial to the club. Wonder if they will play an active role in next seasons first team

If O'Connell's as good as that report suggests then it will save us having to spend money on cover for Kilgallon and Hanley (if Hanley stays that is).

Anyone know how Maloney is developing?

See unleaded's raw talent subbed just before the hour mark when it comes to raw id like to know how did Sam Lavelle play.

If O'Connell's as good as that report suggests then it will save us having to spend money on cover for Kilgallon and Hanley (if Hanley stays that is).

Anyone know how Maloney is developing?

i have just read the sky sports scout report for connor, very good. a friend of mine advised that Chelsea and Arsenal have been watching him and are keen on signing him, but apparenlty his family are mad rovers fans and are all keen on him staying here. regarding jack o'connell what a good and exciting player he is, know someone who watched him at Rochdale, isnt he out for a few months though.

i have just read the sky sports scout report for connor, very good. a friend of mine advised that Chelsea and Arsenal have been watching him and are keen on signing him, but apparenlty his family are mad rovers fans and are all keen on him staying here. regarding jack o'connell what a good and exciting player he is, know someone who watched him at Rochdale, isnt he out for a few months though.

not sure about O'Connell, hopefully he'll fit for pre-season if true.

Good to hear Connor's family want him at Rovers, also good to hear big clubs want him, means he must have a lot of potential.

I remember at the time Connor signed he was saying how he kept pestering Bowyer by text, desperate to get the deal done. Looks like he had a good relationship with Bowyer and that it was a reason for him signing (however small). Obviously Bowyer won't get any credit for this on here!

not sure about O'Connell, hopefully he'll fit for pre-season if true.

Good to hear Connor's family want him at Rovers, also good to hear big clubs want him, means he must have a lot of potential.

I remember at the time Connor signed he was saying how he kept pestering Bowyer by text, desperate to get the deal done. Looks like he had a good relationship with Bowyer and that it was a reason for him signing (however small). Obviously Bowyer won't get any credit for this on here!

I agree with you blueboy3333

he is supposed to be the real deal, but obviously time will tell. rated at 1million already at 16/17 thats something special I think. 15 million in the future..... I have to think if the lad chose Rovers over the bigger clubs then he obviously has something abouit him and didnt go where the big money lies. Too many youngesters these days going to massive clubs with massive money. Apparenlty was offered to train with everton and man u under 21's before rovers and even turned that down. Seen a few kids at the Rovers with his shirt on so obviously the youngsters are liking him. i would take someone who wants to play for the badge anyday over someone who is here for the money.

And texting Bowyer desperate for the deal to go through to me speaks volumes. Here's to next season hopefull the likes of Mahoney, O'Connell and maybe a few of the decent under 21's will get there time in the First Team.

No great loss, just one of many who have proved to be unable to step up and realise early potential.

I've never seen him play but i agree there's no point hanging onto these players just to fill up the U 21's team if they aren't good enough to challenge for a 1st team spot.

How can it be said that Tim Payne has failed to step up to the senior 1st team when he has never even been given an opportunity, we bring in players like Dabo on loan just to sit on the bench when we should be giving that opportunity to our own young players, otherwise what's the point of investing so much in the youth academy and having some of the best youth training facilities around, you never know for sure how good(or bad) a young player is until he been given some game time in the 1st team, the fact that Payne is a NZ international regular and Rynan Nelsen thinks he's a quality young player is enough for me to think he deserves a chance here(or at very least send him out on loan to an english club to see how he handles 1st team football)

Archived