BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

Obviously I agree with Glenn's sentiments (I would wouldnt i) - all this talk of people don't do anything, we tried something (ill advised or not - and yes we were warned) and failed spectacularly - still, we tried, I'm still surprised we got close enough to speak to Balaji after seeing how a certain ex preston type was trying to manage things!

Funnily enough though I'm pretty sure Alan Myers was out there at the same time working for sky sports covering the trip, sure I remember seeing him conducting interviews.

Alan Myers was there.

I understand that John Pittard and Birdy go yo every game,others who went,I think thought it would be a good jolly.And weren't really bothered about the ethics.

Can't speak for the rest but my own attendance held up well at the time.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birdy, Pittard et al paid their own way, just to watch the game. The Rao's did however include they in some of the events they'd organised and offered to pay their expenses (hotel, airfares etc), but last I heard they hadn't seen a penny back from India.

JP hadn't last time I saw him. I don't want to start rumours but I shouldn't be at all surprised to find the venkymob had sanctioned the payment and someone else had intercepted it.

Sharing the cost and use of Brockhall seems a pretty good idea on the surface. Perhaps a deal with Accy could be done or something?

Accy would be fine but I was thinking ideally of a deal with a Rugby League team or even Lancs cricket in order to prevent shared interests wrecking the venture.

JP hadn't last time I saw him. I don't want to start rumours but I shouldn't be at all surprised to find the venkymob had sanctioned the payment and someone else had intercepted it.

I know for a fact the program seller went out of his way to try and keep the FF away from the owners whilst in Pune! and he nearly succeeded by all accounts, but was eventually overruled by the owners themselves.

How much of a farce would that be, invited over by the owners, kept away from them by that arse hole program seller!

They should never have gone, they should have made a stand, made a statement, but its history now.

I know for a fact the program seller went out of his way to try and keep the FF away from the owners whilst in Pune! and he nearly succeeded by all accounts, but was eventually overruled by the owners themselves.

How much of a farce would that be, invited over by the owners, kept away from them by that arse hole program seller!

They should never have gone, they should have made a stand, made a statement, but its history now.

Henceforth to be known as the 'Programme wallah'. :tu:

Accy would be fine but I was thinking ideally of a deal with a Rugby League team or even Lancs cricket in order to prevent shared interests wrecking the venture.

What if Accy where to get further up the leagues(or we dropped further down)

I imagine the Rugby lads would tear the crap out of the playing fields(even the artificial surfaces) and stop being silly cricket isn't a real sport :D(whadda you like :rolleyes:)​

What if Accy where to get further up the leagues(or we dropped further down)

I imagine the Rugby lads would tear the crap out of the playing fields(even the artificial surfaces) and stop being silly cricket isn't a real sport :D(whadda you like :rolleyes:)​

They used to say that Rugby League doesn't do that much damage to pitches.

Would love our softie players to meet the Rugby lads. They'd scare them to death.

• Backroom

They used to say that Rugby League doesn't do that much damage to pitches.

Would love our softie players to meet the Rugby lads. They'd scare them to death.

Lowey's hulked up now so he should be reet.

In fact every FF member who has ever posted on the subject has blamed the fans. Who can forget the cringworthy Mr Spark?

not true Shaun...I have never blamed the fans. I may not of agreed with the approach BRAG took and will of defended aspects of the FF, but I do not recall ever blaming the fans.

Ewood Spark came out with some (actually) vitriolic stuff about 'Mr Mullan having blood on his hands'. Ewood Spark is an absolute fruitcake mind.

his persona on here may of come across that way but in 'real life' he isn't quite an absolute fruitcake. The last time I spoke to him (Accy away) I'm sure he said he doesn't even bother coming on anymore. :brfc:

• Backroom

Ewood Spark came out with some (actually) vitriolic stuff about 'Mr Mullan having blood on his hands'. Ewood Spark is an absolute fruitcake mind.

Wasn't that Roverzee? Or are they the same person?

I've been running this for long enough to spot multiple accounts. Love they way people jump to conclusions.

I also love the way when somebody disagrees with the concensus they're accused of being Vinjay etc.

That said there's definite trolling going on..

not true Shaun...I have never blamed the fans. I may not of agreed with the approach BRAG took and will of defended aspects of the FF, but I do not recall ever blaming the fans.

Ditto. Some of our fans did some things I didn't agree with (including members of both the FF and BRAG) with, but I never blamed them (nor did just about anyone on the FF that I recall). They were doing what they thought was right.

his persona on here may of come across that way but in 'real life' he isn't quite an absolute fruitcake. The last time I spoke to him (Accy away) I'm sure he said he doesn't even bother coming on anymore. :brfc:

Indeed. Whilst I disagree with some of his views regarding Rovers and the owners and I too find some of his online comments cringe worthy at times, I actually get on really well with him and find him a thoroughly nice bloke. In fact I was chatting with him after the game tonight. Unlike some on here I can see past people's opinions even if they are sometimes at odds with my own.

Rover zee is Braddock .. Both crack pots on vi jnay level

I'm with Ste on this. We have a lot of toys now for spotting dupe accounts (some of which I wrote years ago and still work surprisingly well) and I'd stake both my mortgage and reputation as an IT profession that Roverzee and Braddock as NOT the same person.

I know ES, he's not a fruitcake, but a passionate Rover that got caught up in the debate and lost the plot in my opinion.

Sometimes on here you back yourself so far into a corner you can't get out, I think ES was guilty of that and had to fight his corner come what may.

But in real life he's a great guy, down to earth, knowledgeable and a Blackburn Rover through and through.

Ditto. Some of our fans did some things I didn't agree with (including members of both the FF and BRAG) with, but I never blamed them (nor did just about anyone on the FF that I recall). They were doing what they thought was right.

Indeed. Whilst I disagree with some of his views regarding Rovers and the owners and I too find some of his online comments cringe worthy at times, I actually get on really well with him and find him a thoroughly nice bloke. In fact I was chatting with him after the game tonight. Unlike some on here I can see past people's opinions even if they are sometimes at odds with my own.

I'm with Ste on this. We have a lot of toys now for spotting dupe accounts (some of which I wrote years ago and still work surprisingly well) and I'd stake both my mortgage and reputation as an IT profession that Roverzee and Braddock as NOT the same person.

Got confused with plastics

I take your points chaps.

We have a few people on the site that are guilty are saying some disgusting outrageous things and are still in the mix.

I doubt ES is interested in coming back anyway so we'll leave that one alone.

Archived