BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Lowe / Williamson Midfield

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone still wld rather have lowe infront of the (admittedly mediocre) Williamson, please analyse the last 5 results.

Please stop talking absolute garbage - there are 11 men on a team - and yet you are picking on one individual. Here is a fact for you - we have won matches with Lowe in midfield this season ! We have also played well as a team with Lowe in midfield this season.

Against Bournemouth and Bolton the TEAM was largely rubbish - against Burnley the TEAM put in a fairly good performance (which many though Lowe contributed to). Against Huddersfield we got the rub of the green (some awful defending on their part) and against Leicester the numerous passes from Williamson that went astray could easily have led to goals. But hey - lets pick on Lowe !

A point seemingly lost when people talk about Rhodes.

The fact is, the football is more enjoyable to watch, and more attack-minded when Lowe isn't in CM. At least Lowe's critics can see some value in him - at RB.

A point seemingly lost when people talk about Rhodes.

The fact is, the football is more enjoyable to watch, and more attack-minded when Lowe isn't in CM. At least Lowe's critics can see some value in him - at RB.

You seem determined to get Lowe in the same sentence as Rhodes for some obscure reason.

The point lost on you Stuart is that someone passed to Rhodes for every single one of his goals. Yet you still insist he gets little quality supply as the primary reason when he's not scoring. Even though we all saw him missing decent chances over that 9 game run. Yet when he is scoring he is simply amazing. All on his lonesome of course.

To help you get Lowe and Rhodes in the same sentence together again who passed to Rhodes against Burnley for his wonder goal?

People want it both ways though, oojw...

To be able to criticise Rhodes, whose contribution is backed up with facts and goals (the basic requirement for his position), and 15 points this season alone, and to be able to defend Lowe (as CM) despite his lack of tackling and, yes, passing of any real consequence.

I try to be fair by saying Lowe has something to bring to the team with his work ethic but at right back but this seems to fall on dead ears too.

The Williamson - Lowe debate is done. As someone put it very aptly, Williamson is twice the footballer, Lowe is twice the athlete.

The athletic part should be expected given that Lowe is 9 years younger (!) but the footballer part shouldn't be if Lowe has aspirations of being a Championship midfielder NOW.

9 years ago, where was Williamson? Rotherham.

Well that level is probably where Lowe should be until he has developed his game. Not as the 22 year old fulcrum of a Championship side whose debt suggests that they need to be promoted yesterday.

To be honest you can either Williamson or Lowe in there as neither are a complete midfielder. Both look better when the other isn't there.

With the present squad it makes sense to have Williamson in midfield and Lowe at right back but for next season I'd be looking at having neither in midfield.

Interesting or not...?

Willowe29Mar14-1.jpg

What will Bowyer do when Lowe is fit again?

EDIT: caveat - to count as "playing" Lowe or Williamson had to play more than 30 minutes of a match. Otherwise, it's a bit silly counting Williamson's cameo against Bumley for instance.

Not convinced by any of them to be honest. Would quite like to see what Dabo is like as at least he looks to offer some physicality. Evans and Cairney are both tiny, Williamson slow and ponderous, Lowe tecnically poor. We need a busy high energy physical player a la Savage who an drive forward. Maybe Taylor can do a bit of this? Did greatly improve the energy levels when he was on today. A good few challenges as well. Grasping at straws maybe but we look so flat and square whether its Evans, Williamson, Lowe or whomever.

• Moderation Lead

It's just yet another criticism of Bowyer (and obviously other managers before him), why sign players I.e. Dabo, if you've no intention of playing them?

Especially when finances are as perilous as they are. Ridiculous. Of course, Bowyer is above criticism, and I'm a rubbish fan for suggesting such a thing...

It's just yet another criticism of Bowyer (and obviously other managers before him), why sign players I.e. Dabo, if you've no intention of playing them?

Especially when finances are as perilous as they are. Ridiculous. Of course, Bowyer is above criticism, and I'm a rubbish fan for suggesting such a thing...

All managers sign players as projects who never make it. The best manager of the past 25 years bought Massimo Taibi, Eric Djemba Djemba, Andersen, Bebe, Berbatov for 30m!!!!!!!!!

And when you finish a post with a sarcastic leveller at the more positve posters of recent times you sound a bit like a broken record. At no point have I read Chaddy or anyone say "you can't criticise GB because he's trying his best/the man for the job"

What I have seen is people analysing his tenure so far, holding it back to back with the last few managers and seeing him as at least a step in a better direction. Not necessarily the right direction, but at least not backwards for the time being.

All managers sign players as projects who never make it. The best manager of the past 25 years bought Massimo Taibi, Eric Djemba Djemba, Andersen, Bebe, Berbatov for 30m!!!!!!!!!

And when you finish a post with a sarcastic leveller at the more positve posters of recent times you sound a bit like a broken record. At no point have I read Chaddy or anyone say "you can't criticise GB because he's trying his best/the man for the job"

What I have seen is people analysing his tenure so far, holding it back to back with the last few managers and seeing him as at least a step in a better direction. Not necessarily the right direction, but at least not backwards for the time being.

Mostly fair.

(Although if I had the inclination, I bet I could find a post where Chaddy undermines the argument you've just made for him).

• Moderation Lead

True enough JBizzle,though all those at least made an appearance, Dabo is yet to be seen in our colours, and he's not the only one. Songo'o hasn't been seen, even with a defensive crisis...

True enough JBizzle,though all those at least made an appearance, Dabo is yet to be seen in our colours, and he's not the only one. Songo'o hasn't been seen, even with a defensive crisis...

Herald Goulon.

Archived