BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's just about having fun why isn't Alan Carr presenting Match Of The Day?

Indeed. Instead we get intellectuals with the gravitas of Lineker, Savage, Shearer and Lawrenson.

It's like Newsnight with slow-motion replays of elaborately coiffured men diving to the floor, clutching their faces.

If the Walkers Trust think they were duped why aren't they taking legal action ?

Look ... using nothing more sophisticated than Occams Razor here is my take on events :-

A 'man with a plan' became an advisor to a group who had the financial clout to facilitate his idea. The group had no experiance at all in what they were buying into and relied totally on the advice they received. The 'man with the plan' may even have believed that his plan would work ... but he is the villain of the piece because he would have known that the changes he planned came with a substantial amount of risk. The vendors may or may not have been aware of the plan (but it would be even more damning of their position if they had sold to the first person to put an actual bid on the table without checking-out their plans). The plan failed ... the villain of the piece slunk away ... and we are where we are. 'Duped' is a retrospective term which can be applied to the buying group and possibly the vendors. No law needed to be broken ... it is not a criminal offence to 'sell' an idea to gullible parties.

If anybody has any evidence to suggest that the above chain of events is not what happened ... or can add more details ... then I am happy to amend my view of things.

Duped...... Everybody but the Fans Forum then I take it?

Do you seriously believe that the Fans Forum were consulted about any part of this plan?

By the way Gordon ... how did distributing your 'Lanky United' leaflets around the back of the Darwen End go on Sunday?

Well yes it is actually. Things always seem to look more 'exotic' than they actually are from a distance. When you are meeting with some of the alleged protagonists every six weeks or so and discussing mundane issues such as 'smoking in the bogs' then they seem a little less James Bond and more Coronation Street.

I think it is a mixture of both. The mundane does not preclude the other stuff. Anyway, under Venky's, we all know William Roche would have been cast as James Bond!

You conclusively know that no-one is interested in owning BRFC?

No, of course not, no one could say that, but we have yet to see a serious declaration of interest from a group with the financial means necessary to run the club at a significant loss, which is what we would need.

Based on what little news does come to light it would appear that this summer may be the time that the Raos think long and hard about how long they are willing to be involved in a club that is not in the Premier League. We will see what happens, but I would think that it is unlikely that we will get anyone that gives us a better chance of being promoted.

Indeed. Instead we get intellectuals with the gravitas of Lineker, Savage, Shearer and Lawrenson.

It's like Newsnight with slow-motion replays of elaborately coiffured men diving to the floor, clutching their faces.

The Alan Carr joke was funny, but I agree. Not much difference between Carr and the current MOD people......Vacuous!

And it gets even worse, as any income we may have or has been generated. Is being held off sure in Indian bank accounts..

God, I am beginning to feel like Kenneth More, as Douglas Bader. It is after the crash and I am lying in bed. The pain is bad and in these moments ...

" I wish they'd cut the damned things off!"

Bad day indeed, but we all knew it was coming and to be honest I'm glad it's done with. Now people can get there heads out of the clouds.

Main thing I could say now, is venkys must leave at all cost. Before assets get sold for there own good. We all know they will leave, but at what cost. People say how could we survive without them. Well if need be sell some assets as long as it keeps us alive.

But need TRUSTed people to sell those assets. Not some two bob millionaires who couldn't care less.

You obviously believe that we have enough assets to cover the debt. I'd be surprised if we're even half way there.

You obviously believe that we have enough assets to cover the debt. I'd be surprised if we're even half way there.

Totally agree - the only way they will get their money back is for us to get back in the Premiership - and for them to then to recoup their money by either selling or pocketing the additional revenue.

8 points is a long old haul required by Derby to catch up with Burnley. Can't see anything but the current top two going up personally. I know there's a lot of games to be played but Derby are stuttering, QPR are inconsistent, as are Forest and Reading while Wigan are maybe a bit too late to the automatic promotion party.

The top two are almost going up by default as it stands.

The stay away fans say it's the attending fans fault. All this tit for tat between our own fans is tedious. It's no fans fault for were we are now.

I agree and wish there was something I could do to change it. I

I agree and wish there was something I could do to change it. I

....I think it is a kind of self destructive trap that focuses obvious and justifiable anger in the wrong place. It has the function of distracting from the real culprits and the only people who can do anything to resolve it. At the same time it weakens what should be a united fans' voice at a time, when we need to be together, probably more than any time in our long history.

Archived