BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

Would this have hurt more if we hadn't been so numbed and desensitised after years of Venkys? It wasn't much fun, but it all just seems yet another kick in the guts under these lot. It's so commonplace that it's become the norm...

You’ve hit the nail on the head fourlaneblue.

If we’d have lost 4yrs ago I’d have been suicidal, devastated, it would have taken months to get over the loss, but if I’m honest I not all that bothered.

What those Pune muppets have done to the club over the past 4yrs has obviously made me used to dissapointments.

Very sad, but true I’m afraid.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley this season have a good defensive record with a settled back four. It's a massive difference for them to sit back and defend and us! Only a total idiot would expect our defence to soak up any amount of sustained pressure.

It's like saying under Dalglish we used to stick everyone in defence on occasion. We did because we were very good at defending a lead. Our current team aren't too hot at grinding out a result.

When Dunn went off and things were changed around it didn't work and we conceded two goals. Stop trying to put a positive spin on a tactical cock up. You did it with Kean too. Do you always try to look for the best in the worst?

The fact we should have equalised because they sat back - you choose to ignore. Did we sit back - or did they press forward ?

It isn't about positive spin - it is about trying to be objective - rather than seeing bad in everything. As a person I probably do tend to be glass half full - but boy do we need that on this message board where for some people the glass is totally empty.

On a positive note given though I expected the worst pre kick off - first half thought we played (arguably) the best we have played this season as daft and as it sounds I thought we played the better football overall but shot ourselves again.

Negative - 2nd to react the ball too much and what happened is what most predicted and has happened far too many time this season with the one half performances - annoyingly it could easliy have been prevented.

Rhodes hitting the post was another great shame. I would never blame him for that because it was merely inches from a perfect finish.

Henley and Spurr - weak links, particularly Henley who looks woeful and desperately short of confidence. Vokes spotted him as the weak link within 10minutes and played next to him for an hour.

You are joking right re perfect finish - that was an awful miss - problem was I had an horrible feeling he was going to miss before he hit it ( without looking back I revert back to somebody posting pre match about wanting Rhodes on a one one one if it came about and thininking mmm .. as he has blown a few similar this season)

Thought he was outstanding in the 1st half but was back to normal in the second half and although the service upto him at times may not have been the best when the ball was actually played into feet I lost count of how may times he gave it away.

Agree on Henley and Spurr though and am another that deplore the continuous insistance of the long throw.

We had a lot of times when two players went for one ball not sure if it's because the new boy Michael Keane - who looked quite good, very composed.

We played a lot better yesterday than the past few derbies against Burnley and were good value for a draw imo, but they took their chances and we didn't.

It was like Keystone cops but I don't think Keane was main player in them - Henley certainly was though.

Played alot better for about 60 mins but the desire wasn't there and the easily predictable calamitous errors arose again.

The fact we should have equalised because they sat back - you choose to ignore. Did we sit back - or did they press forward ?

It isn't about positive spin - it is about trying to be objective - rather than seeing bad in everything. As a person I probably do tend to be glass half full - but boy do we need that on this message board where for some people the glass is totally empty.

Being objective, we are just not good enough, from top to bottom and it has hit home in the worst way possible,

No comments from the Raos again I see

It is almost empty but some are totally blinkered.

We sat back, like we have in a lot of games this season. Unless it's a coincidence that when we go a goal up we try to defend the lead for almost the rest of the match. Perhaps it's the players doing that and they aren't listening to Bowyer. Either way it doesn't work and it keeps happening and the buck stops with the guy who organises the team.

We keep hearing, usually from either new employees or those who've had a promotion, that they (The Raos/Venkys) want the very best for the club and to get us back to the Premier League blah, blah, blah - so why don't they come to Ewood and talk to the fans? The simple answer IMO is that they've f***ed up big time, don't know how because they left 'their baby' in the hands of people who seemed to do their level best to destroy the infrastructure that had taken 20 years to build up and choose not to face the music. Yes, they are keeping he club afloat financially, but it is them (or their associates) who put the club in the perilous position in the first place.

As I said on Twitter earlier, its a marriage made in hell with a gradual decline the only way the club in the future. Unless they change the habits of the last three years, which they show zero signs of doing, then I dread to think what sort of a club my lad will grow up to watch (presuming he sticks with it).

• Backroom

The first Burnley goal was a strange one. Why two players went for the ball is a mystery and at best amateurish

This actually happened multiple times in the match. In the second half especially we often had the look of a team that had never played together before.

We keep hearing, usually from either new employees or those who've had a promotion, that they (The Raos/Venkys) want the very best for the club and to get us back to the Premier League blah, blah, blah - so why don't they come to Ewood and talk to the fans? The simple answer IMO is that they've f***ed up big time, don't know how because they left 'their baby' in the hands of people who seemed to do their level best to destroy the infrastructure that had taken 20 years to build up and choose not to face the music. Yes, they are keeping he club afloat financially, but it is them (or their associates) who put the club in the perilous position in the first place.

As I said on Twitter earlier, its a marriage made in hell with a gradual decline the only way the club in the future. Unless they change the habits of the last three years, which they show zero signs of doing, then I dread to think what sort of a club my lad will grow up to watch (presuming he sticks with it).

The sooner they Kean off back to Pune the better for all concerned.

I don't care what league we're in, I don't care if we docked points for going bust, I just want them keans out of the club.

The healing process won't start until they've gone.

• Moderation Lead

This actually happened multiple times in the match. In the second half especially we often had the look of a team that had never played together before.

It did, though what makes it worse, is the sheer basic nature of giving someone a shout when you intend to claim the ball......

• Backroom

It did, though what makes it worse, is the sheer basic nature of giving someone a shout when you intend to claim the ball......

Worth noting we did have quite a few of players in the team who hadn't played together often before. Keane of course, but Henley and Hanley have both had spells out of the team too. Evans was making his first start since October, Dunn's been out most of the season, whilst Conway and Varney are also new additions. We even brought a sub on in Feeney who is new to the club, whilst Gestede has only been here a short time himself! A lack of famiarity amongst the players was to be expected but admittedly you're right, basics like shouting for the ball should happen regardless and not doing so is more a sign of lack of leadership than lack of familiarity. Somebody said earlier in the thread that the team has no leaders and there is no doubt that is true. Robbo and Hanley were the only players attempting to exert influence at the back, with Dunny doing his bit at the top end of the pitch until he was taken off.

Get the feeling that this bad day is simply going to ............grow, and grow, and grow amongst the supporter base with the Bournemouth at home game counting for absolutely nothing except to complete a football league fixture.

Worth noting we did have quite a few of players in the team who hadn't played together often before. Keane of course, but Henley and Hanley have both had spells out of the team too. Evans was making his first start since October, Dunn's been out most of the season, whilst Conway and Varney are also new additions. We even brought a sub on in Feeney who is new to the club, whilst Gestede has only been here a short time himself! A lack of famiarity amongst the players was to be expected but admittedly you're right, basics like shouting for the ball should happen regardless and not doing so is more a sign of lack of leadership than lack of familiarity. Somebody said earlier in the thread that the team has no leaders and there is no doubt that is true. Robbo and Hanley were the only players attempting to exert influence at the back, with Dunny doing his bit at the top end of the pitch until he was taken off.

And not having played together that often means that you just launch it skywards does it? Not a pop at you DE i am just so sick it all. Varney for example in Fridays LT ...''we owe the fans a performance'' . Well actually a result would have done !! They just keep spouting bullsh1t about playoffs, resilience , togetherness, quality in the squad blah blah blah.

Perhaps they should spend more time trying to pass to each other than stroking each others egos!

Get the feeling that this bad day is simply going to ............grow, and grow, and grow amongst the supporter base with the Bournemouth at home game counting for absolutely nothing except to complete a football league fixture.

I could see an all out demonstration against he Roas coming up

And not having played together that often means that you just launch it skywards does it? Not a pop at you DE i am just so sick it all. Varney for example in Fridays LT ...''we owe the fans a performance'' . Well actually a result would have done !! They just keep spouting bullsh1t about playoffs, resilience , togetherness, quality in the squad blah blah blah.

Perhaps they should spend more time trying to pass to each other than stroking each others egos!

What a 'bad un' Luke Varney is another of the many poor players that have come through the Venky and their associates door.

Are we looking at a present day 1960's style boycott

Demonstrations have proved worthless in the past yoda but if some see fit to follow that route then fair enough though dont think many will join them.

Demonstrations have proved worthless in the past yoda but if some see fit to follow that route then fair enough though dont think many will join them.

Well we will see how many season tickets get sold for next season

Been there, done that....

The vast majority of fans couldn't be arsed, despite Kean and everything that was going on at the time, why would they be bothered now?

Another knee jerk - bad enough for Michael Keane, and I thought he did well in the circumstances, but to introduce a player who had barely had breakfast with his team was ridiculous

A better choice that to keep faith in the shambolic patchwork of a defense that capitulated against Bolton, but we wouldn't be in this situation if Keane or someone like him had been brought in several weeks ago. A baffling decision from Bowyer, Shaw, the owners or whoever's responsible.

That being said, the first half proved that the best use of our squad is playing a lone striker with a nr. 10 type player behind him who's also able to put in a shift defensively. As long as Dunn came down to give defensive support we outnumbered and outclassed their central midfield, but when he ran out of gas (as he sadly will always do) and wasn't replaced properly from the bench we lost the game. Playing someone with a bit of an engine in the nr. 10 role (Taylor, Cairney) is the key to success with this squad, and also allows us to rotate Rhodes and Gestede depending on form and fitness.

• Backroom

Not defending the second half performance mate, just suggesting there is a genuine reason why the team often played like strangers. They basically are. Considering Bowyer's mantra has been stability, it's worrying to me that he sees fit to throw so many players who aren't regulars into the mix. Especially with the likes of Taylor on the bench.

The Sun will come up tomorrow, I'll go to work, life will go on. Wednesday we go again. And Saturday.

It's exactly that kind of ever optimistic attitude that has got this club in this position. Optimistic when a bunch of hick Indians are allowed to inherit Jacks legacy. Optimistic when one of the PL's most experienced managers is sacked out of the blue when we are mid-table. Optimistic when they replace him with a complete non-entity. Optimistic we can return to the PL when we haven't a snowballs chance. Optimistic on each revolving door appointment. Optimistic the procession of classless, passionless rejects brought in can deliver - Rhodes excepted. Optimistic no doubt when we slip into the third tier and still looking forward to picking up a win against whichever never-been club we are playing. If you love Rovers stay away from Ewood. It needs a mass action boycott to bring about change. Venkys will never, EVER, bring success to this club. If you are think they will you are just optimistic.

It's exactly that kind of ever optimistic attitude that has got this club in this position. Optimistic when a bunch of hick Indians are allowed to inherit Jacks legacy. Optimistic when one of the PL's most experienced managers is sacked out of the blue when we are mid-table. Optimistic when they replace him with a complete non-entity. Optimistic we can return to the PL when we haven't a snowballs chance. Optimistic on each revolving door appointment. Optimistic the procession of classless, passionless rejects brought in can deliver - Rhodes excepted. Optimistic no doubt when we slip into the third tier and still looking forward to picking up a win against whichever never-been club we are playing. If you love Rovers stay away from Ewood. It needs a mass action boycott to bring about change. Venkys will never, EVER, bring success to this club. If you are think they will you are just optimistic.

100% Correct !

Well we will see how many season tickets get sold for next season

There was a rumour doing the rounds before kick off yesterday that the club were looking into only opening the lower tiers of the ground next season.

Archived