BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

Taylor for ecample would've been a better choice. There may have been a couple of others who could have stepped in.

Id like to think that we'll improve in Wednesday's game and win, but I don't see it happening. If only the season ended tomorrow. One for the dustbin

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not start Dunn if he can't play 90 minutes as when we have to take him off (because he is not fit enough which is poor) we lose our attacking impetus and have to change our shape also anyone coming on today would find it hard to get in a game of that intensity, especially when they haven't even been with the club 24 hours. If Dunn is going to play I would us him as an impact sub for the last 35 minutes or so. in the second half, when the oppositions defence are tiring

In my book, it's who he subbed Dunny with?....wrong choice.....Rudy surely?

I was surprised that he brought Feeney on - but the reason is surely obvious - he wanted his pace to help catch them on the break ? Shortly after coming on he skinned one of the Burnley players for pace - got brought down and earned a free kick. It was an obvious tactic - didn't pay off unfortunately.

Nothing is obvious to Bowyer ....

I

How many centre halves did we have on Thursday ?

I am interested how you thought Keane played today - or would you prefer to have any old centre half - as many were advocating. Bowyer had obviously decided he wanted Keane (after today I can see why) - but Keane's camps wanted reassurances about game time that obviously took some time to resolve.

He played well , that is not the point !

We have had only 2 centre halves on the books since Dann left ....

Only a naive fool would go down that route ...

Would Kean had been signed if Kilgallon had been fit ? Bearing in mind his injury past .

What's not to like about that if you're a player ? It's the Ewood Park easy street. Just do enough to stay where we are.

Ah Tyrone, your day to day cynicism is a constant bug bear. Relentless in its negativity, but you've made a good point there.

Soccer AM (apologies if posted elsewhere) - they interviewed Robbo and showed it yesterday. The players have their names on signs on their own car parking spaces. Wrong. Too smug. Too familiar. Too nice.

Sure, come through, respect it, enjoy it. Don't put your feet up. Don't get comfy, and don't lose to those b-stards

With all the signings/loans in and out etc then agents are STILL having a feeding frenzy at this club. It's also as if we have to appease someone else is by allowing some strange signings to come in. Not like it hasn't happened before. I wonder if someone gets a nice little cut from all players in and out. The sheer turnover of players at Rovers since these clowns appeared is eye watering. Something is still very much amiss on that score.

I hope to god that Burnley don't get promoted this season. Because if they go up, a victory against them might be 34 years in the making, and I just don't think I could take a bunch of gloating six fingered dingles having the upper hand on us for the next third of my life.

if they go up we will be playing them after next season when they come back down.

Ah Tyrone, your day to day cynicism is a constant bug bear. Relentless in its negativity, but you've made a good point there.

Soccer AM (apologies if posted elsewhere) - they interviewed Robbo and showed it yesterday. The players have their names on signs on their own car parking spaces. Wrong. Too smug. Too familiar. Too nice.

Sure, come through, respect it, enjoy it. Don't put your feet up. Don't get comfy, and don't lose to those b-stards

The names were there from Jack's era......top notch set up for top notch players, it's the owners, sub-standard, no marks, who don't understand football. Wouldn't it be refreshing if mrs loon came out tomorrow and said they were embarrassed at losing at home to the deadly enemies and they would do something about it.

The silence from our detested owners is deafening.

The names were there from Jack's era......top notch set up for top notch players, it's the owners, sub-standard, no marks, who don't understand football. Wouldn't it be refreshing if mrs loon came out tomorrow and said they were embarrassed at losing at home to the deadly enemies and they would do something about it.

The silence from our detested owners is deafening.

We will see was it not the day after the Burnley game last season that Appleton got the boot ?

Bob, I'd love to come on here saying how well we are playing. How the players all run their blood to water in the cause. How we football teams off the park. Maybe then I'd have a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm sorry but I can't because it's not true.

Bob, I'd love to come on here saying how well we are playing. How the players all run their blood to water in the cause. How we football teams off the park. Maybe then I'd have a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm sorry but I can't because it's not true.

I know mate. Fair play, you called it right months ago.

A bloody awful day in summary, sleep won't help, still be there in the morning.

But it was only footy, life hopefully goes on.

As we sang in defeat, Rovers till I die....are you listening in Loonland? Are you?

The Sun will come up tomorrow, I'll go to work, life will go on. Wednesday we go again. And Saturday.

Lets face it, in the past 20+ years I've seen

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and Old Trafford vs. Man Utd

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and The Etihad vs. Man City

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and Stamford Bridge vs. Chelsea

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and The Emirates vs. Arsenal

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and Anfield vs. Liverpool

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and Goodison vs. Everton

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and White Hart Lane vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Wins/Draws/Loses at Ewood and St James's Park vs. Newcastle

But still not seen them lose at Turf Moor! :D

Our day will come again, keep the faith. RTID

Also - interestingly - when they went in the lead they started to sit back and invite pressure (which in truth we had a few half chances to take advantage off) - amazing to think how much stick Bowyer would get for that. It wasn't Dunn getting subbed that necessairly caused the team to lose momentum - it was conceding a goal two minutes after he was subbed - and yet everyone seems to blame Bowyer for subbing Dunn - who in truth didn't have the best of games.

Burnley this season have a good defensive record with a settled back four. It's a massive difference for them to sit back and defend and us! Only a total idiot would expect our defence to soak up any amount of sustained pressure.

It's like saying under Dalglish we used to stick everyone in defence on occasion. We did because we were very good at defending a lead. Our current team aren't too hot at grinding out a result.

When Dunn went off and things were changed around it didn't work and we conceded two goals. Stop trying to put a positive spin on a tactical cock up. You did it with Kean too. Do you always try to look for the best in the worst?

My opinion when we went down was the most effective way to get Venkys out was for Rovers supporters to stay away from Ewood at all costs. Kick them where it hurts, their primary source of revenue, and the bad publicity from playing homes games watched by away fans only. You may be Rovers till you die but as long as you suckers keep turning up every game Venkys and their axis of evil will remain and this nightmare could run for years. Act now, stay away from Ewood!

Something like this:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/lazio-fans-stay-away-protest-club-president-190710192.html

Archived