BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

I could not have done any worse than Feeney !

Like ,I said earlier Dunns substuition gave Burnley belief and drained our fans of it !

More to the point, who's this Feeney bloke anyway?

Never heard of him before today. Appears out of nowhere. Replaces our best player. Inadequately.

What's going on?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were by far the better side for an hour and should have had the game wrapped up but our but our inexplicable habit of retreating into our shell and sitting too far back cost us yet again.

Really losing patience with the players, most of them have no heart, we packed up after an hour, Burnley were much the inferior side for most of the afternoon but kept going for 90 minutes and got their just reward. Is lack of fitness a problem as they certainly appeared miles fitter than us as the second half wore on.

Can't see the point in signing the likes of Conway, Varney and the latest lad from Millwall, we're top heavy with wide players already, don't think they're as good as players already on the books and thought all 3 were extremely poor today.

Rhodes was exceptionally good first half and Burnley simply couldn't cope with him. Second half he faded badly in line with the rest of the team. Thought Grant Hanley was excellent throughout.

Struggling to raise much enthusiasm for the remainder of the season now. Early on in the season I thought the signs were very promising, but recently we seem to be going backwards on the pitch imo and I can't see what we're hoping to achieve with the players that have been bought in since January, Cairney excepted and we won't even play him in the correct position.

Thought we were by far the better side for an hour and should have had the game wrapped up but our but our inexplicable habit of retreating into our shell and sitting too far back cost us yet again.

Really losing patience with the players, most of them have no heart, we packed up after an hour, Burnley were much the inferior side for most of the afternoon but kept going for 90 minutes and got their just reward. Is lack of fitness a problem as they certainly appeared miles fitter than us as the second half wore on.

Can't see the point in signing the likes of Conway, Varney and the latest lad from Millwall, we're top heavy with wide players already, don't think they're as good as players already on the books and thought all 3 were extremely poor today.

Rhodes was exceptionally good first half and Burnley simply couldn't cope with him. Second half he faded badly in line with the rest of the team. Thought Grant Hanley was excellent throughout.

Struggling to raise much enthusiasm for the remainder of the season now. Early on in the season I thought the signs were very promising, but recently we seem to be going backwards on the pitch imo and I can't see what we're hoping to achieve with the players that have been bought in since January, Cairney excepted and we won't even play him in the correct position.

That is a good post Rev , they were certainly fitter and stronger at the end ..

I wonder if some of them are already thinking about their holidays, well they wouldn't want the play-offs getting in the

way of that, would they ?

I bet a few of them think they're onto a good thing here, with all the excellent facilities, and most of them knowing

that their real level is at best, mid- table championship.

All nice and rosey in the garden, if they can have another season or 2 of this.

I'd agree with all of that other than the bit about Conway who I think is a good signing and had a good game today, the pass back aside.

I wonder if some of them are already thinking about their holidays, well they wouldn't want the play-offs getting in the

I bet a few of them think they're onto a good thing here, with all the excellent facilities, and most of them knowing

Posted that in the Bournemouth thread

We can all sit here and go on about Bowyer. Most of us wouldn't have given him the gig in the first place. Fact is, we're run by tits.

A very black day.

RTID.

Indeed we are.....how to rid the scummers when they don't seem to want to go? Of course we won't have a reaction from them, as they are just our wallet, but for how long. They really are a disaster.

I hope to god that Burnley don't get promoted this season. Because if they go up, a victory against them might be 34 years in the making, and I just don't think I could take a bunch of gloating six fingered dingles having the upper hand on us for the next third of my life.

I hope to god that Burnley don't get promoted this season. Because if they go up, a victory against them might be 34 years in the making, and I just don't think I could take a bunch of gloating six fingered dingles having the upper hand on us for the next third of my life.

It will take more than hope, it is nailed on at this moment in time

It should be interesting to see now just what the fans fallout or backlash will be with the club in the days and months ahead after this defeat.

Thought in three areas of the ground the Rovers fans were excellent today.

It should be interesting to see now just what the fans fallout or backlash will be with the club in the days and months ahead after this defeat.

Thought in three areas of the ground the Rovers fans where excellent today.

I agree, there was areal buzz for most of the game. Didn't translate to the players.

Shows there is still a passion, wish the owners had it......they don't.

The backlash will start Weds.....

Calmed down a bit now, with hindsight if you put Cairney and Marshall in that team we would've outclassed their midfield. THAT SAID, how many times this year have we choked when we are closing in on the play-offs. It's a young team but bowyer needs to instill that killer instinct, we look afraid to push on when it's their for the taking.

What's not to like about that if you're a player ? It's the Ewood Park easy street. Just do enough to stay where we are.

I often wonder how much is pyschological with fitness - I thought we looked ok until they scored and then looked drained. Also - interestingly - when they went in the lead they started to sit back and invite pressure (which in truth we had a few half chances to take advantage off) - amazing to think how much stick Bowyer would get for that. It wasn't Dunn getting subbed that necessairly caused the team to lose momentum - it was conceding a goal two minutes after he was subbed - and yet everyone seems to blame Bowyer for subbing Dunn - who in truth didn't have the best of games.

I often wonder how much is pyschological with fitness - I thought we looked ok until they scored and then looked drained. Also - interestingly - when they went in the lead they started to sit back and invite pressure (which in truth we had a few half chances to take advantage off) - amazing to think how much stick Bowyer would get for that. It wasn't Dunn getting subbed that necessairly caused the team to lose momentum - it was conceding a goal two minutes after he was subbed - and yet everyone seems to blame Bowyer for subbing Dunn - who in truth didn't have the best of games.[/size]

In my book, it's who he subbed Dunny with?....wrong choice.....Rudy surely?

Another knee jerk - bad enough for Michael Keane, and I thought he did well in the circumstances, but to introduce a player who had barely had breakfast with his team was ridiculous

We had no other centre halves available, in Bowyers defence, he had no choice with that one, they were very, very direct... similar to Allardyce type stuff in the first

half, and we needed to be able to deal with that.

Under the circumstances he did well... in the first half we limited them and defended pretty well (apart from the backpass), in the second half we fell apart.

The reasons for this were Sean Dyche being their manager, and Dunny being subbed with the wrong player coming on to replace him.

I agree, there was areal buzz for most of the game. Didn't translate to the players.

Shows there is still a passion, wish the owners had it......they don't.

The backlash will start Weds.....

Thought it translated to the players at the beginning of the game apart from Spurr and Henley who were shockingly bad. But then after sixty minutes or so the players heads and legs seemed to go with the exception of Grant Hanley which is damming on the current management team.

Archived