BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

Every Rovers fan is hurting, but it was bound to happen eventually! We'll get our chance at revenge soon enough (2015/16 at the latest).

Rhodes chance, Dunny off, Robinsons error and some dodgy defending = the end of the run. And thats all there is to it!

unbelievable

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

complete keans

Just to be clear, Mr Bizzle. This post is strongly disagreeing with you and not backing up your "argument".

How on earth you can have the brass neck to come on here after that and blame Rovers fans is beyond the pale.

It's awful tactically. Bloody awful. Getting the players to sit back on a 1-0 lead in a keaning derby. @#/?.

Been like that all year Booth and that is our problem. No creativity once Dunny's legs went and Ings' work rate was phenomenal.

Had to go out for a walk and calm down. Gutted doesn't describe how I feel.

The most sickening thing for me was apparent from the first minute. All the "boycotters" back in force for one game and why? So they can take the kean on Monday at work?

I know why the fans left in droves, but it's sad that we fill the ground for that game still. To me it shows the mentality of modern football fans in general. If they aren't moaning, they don't give a kean.

Absolute kean!

Hey, I countered your post without getting angry. Shame you couldn't manage it.

Burnley deserved the win. You forgot a dodgy offside decision and possible penalty. Aside from the woodwork saving him, I don't recall the Burnley 'keeper being too troubled. We sat back after h/t and invited pressure and an eventual winner for Burnley was inevitable. That's not down to a goal-post, that's down to Gary Bowyer not being up to the job.

If the teams are so even and we were at home, why would most fans have taken a draw beforehand? Possibly because Burnley have a decent manager and are deservedly 20+ points ahead of us now?

Hahaha sorry Bryan didn`t mean to come across as angry. Burnley overall have been a better team throughout the season that`s why they are so far above us in the table, that is also why I think most would have settled for a draw before the match. Non the less we were not @#/? today and Burnley did not play us off the park their keeper also made a fair amount of saves. I know feelings are running high because we have blown our record but re watch the match on sky and review the stats, you`ll see what I mean. I don`t dispute any of your other arguments the League table doesn`t lie.

Just to be clear, Mr Bizzle. This post is strongly disagreeing with you and not backing up your "argument".

How on earth you can have the brass neck to come on here after that and blame Rovers fans is beyond the pale.

Just asking where they have been for the other games this season.

Boycotting is every game- not just the ones the "don't matter"

It's easy for you to peddle your negative dribble after a defeat. So carry on. Revel in it.

The reality of the situation is a lot more detailed than two back to back defeats to local rivals. If your grown up enough to admit that, I might start replying to your posts in a less antagonistic way.

It's easy for you to peddle your negative dribble after a defeat. So carry on. Revel in it.

The reality of the situation is a lot more detailed than two back to back defeats to local rivals. If your grown up enough to admit that, I might start replying to your posts in a less antagonistic way.

You have been drinking heavily right?

Hahaha sorry Bryan didn`t mean to come across as angry. Burnley overall have been a better team throughout the season that`s why they are so far above us in the table, that is also why I think most would have settled for a draw before the match. Non the less we were not kean today and Burnley did not play us off the park their keeper also made a fair amount of saves. I know feelings are running high because we have blown our record but re watch the match on sky and review the stats, you`ll see what I mean. I don`t dispute any of your other arguments the League table doesn`t lie.

Don't know what I've done to deserve that?!

We did have chances, admittedly, but I'm starting to think that we play like our manager's personality, tentative, timid, unsure of our ability.

We didn't play like a home team should, at least not after the break anyway. You play and you will inevitably get screwed.

It's a shame because we do have talent in our (admittedly unbalanced) squad.

You can look at the raw stats and say we were the width of the post away from a draw, or you can look at the respective benches and compare and contrast body language, activity and actions, and say we were soundly beaten.

I'll never understand Gary's substitutions, he must be watching a different game from me.

I think it's the defensive play that worries me the most. They played like strangers at times. And we don't have the balls to play a high line, it's so frustrating.

I'm really depressed now. That match was a deflating experience.

You have been drinking heavily right?

Two pints Yoda. I'm as gutted as you but I simply can't see only the negative. The nature of the goals hurts like @#/? but I would put that down to our best players being systematically replaced over a long period rather than what our manager did or didn't do on the day.

Thank god he didn't pick Williamson..

A good analogy to sum it up for me; if Conways mistake cost us goal, his name would be traipsed in negative dribble right now. If anything the likes of Burnla and Leicester have proved, it is that stability breeds confidence and consistency.

Negative dribble? After a defeat to our fiercest rivals? Sorry but you aren't for real.

Today is not the day for empty-headed, head-up-backside positivity, whatever you think of my 'negative dribble'.

Two pints Yoda. I'm as gutted as you but I simply can't see only the negative. The nature of the goals hurts like Kean but I would put that down to our best players being systematically replaced over a long period rather than what our manager did or didn't do on the day.

Thank god he didn't pick Williamson..

You are mad. You will never see any fault in Bowyer.

Bowyer's naivety is widely viewed as being a reason to be negative about our chances. You view his naivety as the reason he needs to be given longer. What WOULD it take for you to say enough's enough? Relegation?

Ok disappointing result of course... Here's my view of performances:

Robinson - 6 good save but should have done better for their first

Henley - 5 how bad is this guy, half hearted at best!

Hanley - 7 solid performance on the whole

Keane - 8 did really well considering

Spurr - 7 played better than he has recently

Conway - 7 looks like a decent player but need to see more of him

Evans - 7 added urgency to the midfield

Lowe - 7 thought he played well on the whole

Varney - 6 not a winger for me

Dunn - 8 class above the rest

Rhodes - 7 not a finisher

Bowyer - 5 tactically inept in my view

• Backroom

Rhodes is a great finisher his first was great but he should definitely have bagged that 1 on 1

The man of the match award was suspect

Reactive ! That's the best description of his management style that's been posted on here. We never take a game to the opposition and never try and grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Some will point to the fact we lack those type of players and this is partly true but Bowyer has brought in player after player. Yes he has to shop cheap but keep bringing in people who can't get in other crap championship sides and it's never going to improve your team,

Ok disappointing result of course... Here's my view of performances:

Robinson - 6 good save but should have done better for their first

Henley - 5 how bad is this guy, half hearted at best!

Hanley - 7 solid performance on the whole

Keane - 8 did really well considering

Spurr - 7 played better than he has recently

Conway - 7 looks like a decent player but need to see more of him

Evans - 7 added urgency to the midfield

Lowe - 7 thought he played well on the whole

Varney - 6 not a winger for me

Dunn - 8 class above the rest

Rhodes - 7 not a finisher

Bowyer - 5 tactically inept in my view

I thought Varney played well, worked very hard against Trippier, who is one of their best players.

Spurr struggled today. Looked out of his depth.

Robbo- 6 - Sound but flaps too often, pussied out of the challenge with Barnes for there second

Henley - 3- He's scared of the ball, whats happened to the young lad who was in the prem with us? Woeful, second best to every tackle, header and has no anticipation. Needs to get rid of the kean hair do and the baggy pants like a gangster or do one quickly.

Hanley - 7.5 - We're going to lose this guy soon, immense, what a player.

Keane - 7 - Steady, good loan signing - good at reading the game he will become RB once Killa is fit.

Spurr - 6- My favorite, was slow to start the game, but hes a wepon up and down that pitch f only he could get more crosses in.

Conway- 6 - Bar that backpass he had an okay game up and down, think he was annoyed he didnt have henley available on the overlap but the guy has a proper natural cross on him.

Dunn - 5 - Below par today, lost his legs totally couldnt even chase shadows. Great through ball but not enough.

Lowe - 7 - Bit of a shining light really good passing around and great effort in the dying mins, how would he fair if he had better around him?

Evans - 7 - looked rusty early on but grew into the game, always backtracking and surprisingly has a good eye for a through pass.

Varney - 6.5 - I like him in the same way i liked dickov, hes a work horse alright, never stopped battling and it has a fair bit of talent, dosen't run at the defense or have his head up enough though.

Rhodes - 7 - If i was him id leave, too many times the ball was fired at him, he missed a one on one sitter what roberts would have finished but honestly this guy will be off soon.

Gestede - 6 - Should have started.

Feeney - 5 - Waste of a shirt

Negative dribble? After a defeat to our fiercest rivals? Sorry but you aren't for real.

Today is not the day for empty-headed, head-up-backside positivity, whatever you think of my 'negative dribble'.

You are mad. You will never see any fault in Bowyer.

Bowyer's naivety is widely viewed as being a reason to be negative about our chances. You view his naivety as the reason he needs to be given longer. What WOULD it take for you to say enough's enough? Relegation?

If the question was as simple as "do you want to replace the manager with someone experienced and successful at this level" my answer would be yes.

No dreamworld will ever make the question of replacing Bowyer that simple. That is unless the Raos either fluck off or hire an actual chairman with "Gravitas". Not forgetting sign the cheques and keep their mouths shut. All dream tackle at present.

Reality is;

Bowyer out = Next " Naive Protegè" in

When that reality changes, my expectations will fall into line.

• Backroom

Varney seemed to win every header that came his way and worked bloody hard. I'd consider our 1st team atmo to be:

Robbo; Lowe, Hanley, Killa, Spur; Marshall, Cairney, Evans, Conway; Dunn, Gestede.

Subs: Henley, Keane, Varney, Rhodes, King, Taylor, Williamson etc.

Those are our best players in the apt positions imo (assuming all fit ofc).

Just got back from this afternoon. Thoughts are:

1- We can't defend a 1 goal lead.

2- Rhodes isn't a target/ loan man. Gestede fits this role far better.

3- Robinson needs to come and catch, instead of punching.

4- Keane and Feeney look decent signings.

Poor day all round but it was bound to happen one day. Pressure's on that lot now for the next time we meet.

Feeney looks a decent signing?????? -FFS , based on what???

Just got back via the brown cow. Today I expected us to lose 3-0. Negative I know but I couldn't see anything else. I don't mind us losing I f we fight but we were 2nd to everything today. Burnley fans were quiet and we backed our boys but because our players gave nothing our fans got quieter as the game went on

I'm sick of seeing no fight from our team. We never press the opposition and our main aim is to sit back. All both teams did today was play the long ball but the difference was rovers never picked up on the 2nd ball. Burnley even though they play the big Sam tactics always looked the better side. 2nd half they were the only team in it.

Don't really know what else to say except we were 2nd best today against a team that didn't impress at all but that's where we are now

Archived