BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch! What can you say? We huffed and puffed but couldn't string 3 passes together for the most. Poor quality game, two average teams. Take your chances win your matches.

2-0 from our talisman striker and game over.

As nice as GB is... that is what the problem is... The nice guy always finishes last!!!

Today was terrible in as much as we didn't have the desire, or will to win.

A goal up at half time, relatively comfortable... the main reason for this is that both teams played "headball" as opposed to "football", and our centre halves won most of the arial battles. Dunny showed his class at times, and we looked difficult to break down.

Second half... well... from the off, Burnley were winning most of the arial balls, and nearly all of the 50/50's and second balls... we looked tentative... which makes me wonder what the hell GB had said to the players at half time???

When we got Dunny on the ball, again we looked dangerous, and Rhodes should have finished that one when he was clean through, but Dyche took the initiative with the substitutions, and from then it looked as though their confidence and optimism was sky high.

We needed to be careful giving away free kicks in our defensive third as Wallace has real quality from set pieces, then what did we do... we started giving away cheap fee kicks.

As soon as we took Dunny off, the impetus had gone... there was one team in it, and what looked like a good solid defence for the first 60 minutes looked frail... They scored... we all knew it was coming... from then on they were all over us like a rash... a big, dirty, smelly, ugly claret and blue rash... and while we were punch drunk on the ropes, they took advantage of some shocking defending to take the lead... and inevitably win the game.

Overall... they deserved it... but I don't think that to a man they are better than us... but what they do have is a better manager than us... a motivator, a leader, a man with charisma... and while Dyche is getting his players to believe in themselves, and play their hearts out for him... Bowyer is worrying about what tactical surprises Dyche has in store for the second half... and how to limit their attacking intent... what he should have done, is got them going... got their backs up... made them want to work hard for eachother and win the game for the thousands of fans who had come to watch their beloved Rovers.

If he can't motivate the players for an occasion such as this, then sadly he's not the man to take us forward.

Really we should stay in this league this season, but come the close season I think the owners need to look at a change, we need a proven manager, with character, charisma, tactical knowledge and a desire to succeed.

Thanks for steadying the ship Gary... but if we are to move forward, a change is needed.

Tin pot league, SG194?!?

We'll be aspiring to be in this league before too long, mark my words.

It'll be a long road back to recover from the Venkys mismanagement debacle, i think most of us realise that.

it'll get far worse before it gets better, btw.

YEP! a tin pot league with mostly crap football.I agree entirely that we could be in for a very long stay in this league and like others have stated it could get worse.

I'm not hiding here with my opinion,the b'stards in Pune have destroyed the club and Jacks legacy.

As Tom says Wednesday will be interesting to see the response both on and off the pitch....sub 10k gate?.

We seem void to any tactics. Our main tactics seem to be let them have the ball and then hit them on the counter.

One problem with this is we have no counter attacking players. Or creativity. Or battlers. Anyone with desire. Anyone with guts that will take a gamble. Any leaders. No gile.

Bowyer has steaded the ship and fair play to him but we actually have a decent first 11 when fit and bowyer can't utalise them.

A few thoughts having just got back

Positives

1 Good team selection, right team IMO Bowyer got that spot on.

2 Conway impressed me a lot both going forward and covering Henley

3 Rhodes worked really hard, looked dangerous and took a well taken goal

4 Lowe looked good fought well and did some decent passing

Negatives

1 Henley looked out of his depth

2 We mentally crumpled after the equaliser

3 The subs - unsure why Henley not subbed after having a torrid game and feeney on was a big mistake. It meant Conway went inside or on the left where he was less threatening, whilst feeney did nothing of note. It was obvious we were crying out for Gestede and his physical presence yet feeney got the nod. Poor move IMO

4 We lost the derby

Agree with this. I thought we setup well. Nice balance. Could understand Gestede on the bench to start with. However subs were poor. Gestede should have been on after 60mins. Also clearly we have a serious issue with right back at the moment which just isn't being addressed. All in all today was in keeping with most of the season to date.

We need to set out to dominate games more. We have the midfield players for it. Conway, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, King, Taylor, Dunn, Dabo are a better set of layers than most in the division.

Interesting reading the comments on here - and how much they vary - you would have thought we were all watching different matches.

Overall Burnley deserved to win because they took their chances - and that is what the game is all about. However - on the overall 90 minutes play I thought a draw would have been a fair result - and if Rhodes had scored would probably have won ourselves.

People say the game swung on Dunn going off - don't see this as their goals came from poor goalkeeping and defending - nothing Dunn being on the pitch would have changed.

Bowyer - don't think he get everything right - but wouldn't hang him out to dry as many on here are doing. His starting eleven was probably the best he could have done - and contary to what people say about him - he subs weren't negative.

In the cold light of day - Burnley are having a dream season - are second in the league and have beaten some top sides this season. It is amazing how shear hard work can cover up what is a very limited team - with the odd good player like Ings and Trippier (good tactics by Bowyer to put Varney against him).

I feel the signing and playing of Feeney is actually a tad suspicious. Maybe I'm paranoid after Steve Kean's rein, but it was such an odd thing to do, it makes you wonder.

I think you can throw the signing of Dabo into you theory too. He wasn't even on the bench today. More money down the drain.

YEP! a tin pot league with mostly crap football.I agree entirely that we could be in for a very long stay in this league and like others have stated it could get worse.

I'm not hiding here with my opinion,the b'stards in Pune have destroyed the club and Jacks legacy.

As Tom says Wednesday will be interesting to see the response both on and off the pitch....sub 10k gate?.

As many people will have taken up Rovers offer - it will probably be a reasonable gate.

Well for one, seeing as I work in Nelson, Im not looking forward to work tomorrow.

Credit to Burnley, they finished the game stronger. Was surprised at how much long ball they played though. They targeted balls into the channels and especially Henley. Turning point was Dunny going off, thought we could have eeked another 10 mins from him, but Feeney never looked like the right substitution to me. They looked much fitter than us, and looked like they had a purpose, as opposed to some pretty directionless punts from us to Jordans head.

Interesting reading the comments on here - and how much they vary - you would have thought we were all watching different matches.

Overall Burnley deserved to win because they took their chances - and that is what the game is all about. However - on the overall 90 minutes play I thought a draw would have been a fair result - and if Rhodes had scored would probably have won ourselves.

People say the game swung on Dunn going off - don't see this as their goals came from poor goalkeeping and defending - nothing Dunn being on the pitch would have changed.

Bowyer - don't think he get everything right - but wouldn't hang him out to dry as many on here are doing. His starting eleven was probably the best he could have done - and contary to what people say about him - he subs weren't negative.

In the cold light of day - Burnley are having a dream season - are second in the league and have beaten some top sides this season. It is amazing how shear hard work can cover up what is a very limited team - with the odd good player like Ings and Trippier (good tactics by Bowyer to put Varney against him).

Thanks for that, I've just won a tenner.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes but matches are won or lost, in the main, with momentum. If you make a change which gives the other side the momentum then it is going to be noted if the results slips.

With Dunn on the pitch, we were good in the first half. We struggled as a team in the first part of the second half but at least the game was being played in the middle third and beyond. After he went off that changed and we were playing in our own half much more resulting in more pressure on our goalkeeper and defenders. It's not a massive leap.

What I wouldn't give to have Dunn 10 years younger. Heck, 3 would probably do in this division.

B@llocks. Only plus point is that i can shut my phone off and ignore the mocking - pity those that work with dingles.

Interesting reading the different reports - sounds like a classic rovers performance this year (on top for 60 minutes, tire and @#/? up). I still think Bowyer should be in charge but back the call for a more experienced assistant and wonder if fitness issues are still in play?

Also interesting to read the tactical breakdown - seems "they" are being praised for a direct style while some are criticising rovers for doing the same but this game was only ever about the result and Bowyer has just lost another chunk of the supporters...

it dosent help that we can not defend to save our lives .

When you've not got a great defence, the last thing you do is get your team to sit back on a 1-0 lead, then play long ball and don't bring on your target man.

B@llocks. Only plus point is that i can shut my phone off and ignore the mocking - pity those that work with dingles.

Interesting reading the different reports - sounds like a classic rovers performance this year (on top for 60 minutes, tire and Kean up). I still think Bowyer should be in charge but back the call for a more experienced assistant and wonder if fitness issues are still in play?

Also interesting to read the tactical breakdown - seems "they" are being praised for a direct style while some are criticising rovers for doing the same but this game was only ever about the result and Bowyer has just lost another chunk of the supporters...

I am married to one, I work with a couple... most of my mates are dingles.

The worst thing is the gloating... I have always tried to be quite humble with the results from these games as I knew inevitably we would get beat one day.

I don't think that is going to save me... this next week will be the week from hell

My phone is on silent, I have already deleted answer phone messages and text messages... I will however, have to look these people in the eyes over the next few days!!!

Archived