BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

• Moderation Lead

A plane saying "35 year who cares, 20 points clear long live venkys"

It didn't raise a single boo from rovers fans or a cheer from their fans

They obviously cared enough to pay for a plane though.....

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Lots of different faces around me today, we could do with these fans back week in week out but where's the motive when watching that dross

Two moments really angered me today firstly Dunn played a shocking pass off a short corner to Conway then went ballistic at him I'm sick of some of our players absolving blame constantly then late on Rudy controlled the ball and was surrounded by 6 Burnley players - not a single team mate moved to help him

Bowyer was completely out-thought by Dyche today. Completely and utterly.

In contrast you have to wonder what Bowyer's half time team talks consist of. He may as well hold the tray of orange segments for all the good they do. I listened to him speak on Radio Rovers on the way home and he must be the least motivational, least inspirational person ever to manage a professional football team.

For the first 20 minutes of the second half Burnley simply kept the ball up in the air and Rovers players struggled to even head it straight to one another, let alone keep possession.

Then he subbed Dunn. Who I take it from his ironic clap to the Darwen End thinks that it's going to be the last time he plays them. Might be the same for the rest of his team mates. Was Dunn even injured? Last season he popped up on 93 minutes and got us a point. He wasn't even doing his trademark hobble. What was the thinking there? The only player of any gravitas; just his aura was enough to put the Bumley players off their stride. No surprise then that we caved in after he went off. Although not before his pick pocketing and quick set up for Rhodes should have resulted in a second but for half the width of a post. I'm one of Rhodes' biggest fans but he should have buried that.

"34 years" is why we are all suffering so much. Obviously losing to local rivals hurts but take the "34 years" away and what do you have? Well, you have Burnley's approach to this game. No fear, soak up the pressure, listen to the manager and put the tactics into work. They don't care that their goals were direct balls into the box from set-pieces that would make Sam Allardyce embarrass himself in his y-fronts; they don't care about 34 years (well they will now, of course), no, they care about 3 more points, promotion, and £50m to finish last next season, just so they can look down on us from above - like they have for most of this season. For all of their vitriol, almost all of their songs today were about the fact they are going up, and not about Rovers.

Well I really hope they miss out because next season we won't have the albatross around our necks and can just go after the 3 points and one season local bragging rights.

However, the caveat is that we might just need a proper manager to do so... (especially without Dunny).

Bowyer seemed completely lost with no tactics, no nouse and effectively clueless. One striker upfront, the constant long ball down the middle to Rhodes with us constantly giving away possesion, Gestede on at least 30 minutes too late and then a substitution on 90 minutes. The fans round me turned on Bowyer today.....unfortunately Bowyer has not got what it takes to take Rovers onwards and upwards.

Time to go, time to go, time to go

Match statistics

Blackburn
Shots: 14
On target: 6
Possession: 51%
Corners: 7
Fouls: 13

Burnley
Shots: 12
On target: 4
Possession: 49%
Corners: 3
Fouls: 9

Stats for the game.... as I was saying the score could have easily gone the other way.

That game was about finishing, they did, we didn`t. There wasn`t that much difference between the squads. It could just have easily ended with the scores being the other way round.

Sorry Rhodie but Burnley were the far better team, they gave us a footballing lesson today

The Club resembles an Indian Fusebox.

Brilliant

The systematic destruction/rape and pillage of our club by a bunch of keaning clueless idiots from Pune and one slimey southern keant is now complete.

VENKYS DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND KEAN OFF, WE DON’T WANT YOU AND WE DON’T NEED YOU

Bowyer was completely out-thought by Dyche today. Completely and utterly.

In contrast you have to wonder what Bowyer's half time team talks consist of. He may as well hold the tray of orange segments for all the good they do. I listened to him speak on Radio Rovers on the way home and he must be the least motivational, least inspirational person ever to manage a professional football team.

For the first 20 minutes of the second half Burnley simply kept the ball up in the air and Rovers players struggled to even head it straight to one another, let alone keep possession.

Then he subbed Dunn. Who I take it from his ironic clap to the Darwen End thinks that it's going to be the last time he plays them. Might be the same for the rest of his team mates. Was Dunn even injured? Last season he popped up on 93 minutes and got us a point. He wasn't even doing his trademark hobble. What was the thinking there? The only player of any gravitas; just his aura was enough to put the Bumley players off their stride. No surprise then that we caved in after he went off. Although not before his pick pocketing and quick set up for Rhodes should have resulted in a second but for half the width of a post. I'm one of Rhodes' biggest fans but he should have buried that.

"34 years" is why we are all suffering so much. Obviously losing to local rivals hurts but take the "34 years" away and what do you have? Well, you have Burnley's approach to this game. No fear, soak up the pressure, listen to the manager and put the tactics into work. They don't care that their goals were direct balls into the box from set-pieces that would make Sam Allardyce embarrass himself in his y-fronts; they don't care about 34 years (well they will now, of course), no, they care about 3 more points, promotion, and £50m to finish last next season, just so they can look down on us from above - like they have for most of this season. For all of their vitriol, almost all of their songs today were about the fact they are going up, and not about Rovers.

Well I really hope they miss out because next season we won't have the albatross around our necks and can just go after the 3 points and one season local bragging rights.

However, the caveat is that we might just need a proper manager to do so... (especially without Dunny).

Bob on, Stuart......Bowyer will never take this club forward, or upward. Far too negative. He had the chance at half time to make a speech of Churchillian proportions, more like Churchill the stuffed dog. Once they scored, only ever one winner. That's what hurts.

That game was about finishing, they did, we didn`t. There wasn`t that much difference between the squads. It could just have easily ended with the scores being the other way round.

Disagree totally. The game was a tale of teo managers and given Gary's inability to set a team up or influence proceedings with good use of subs or being tactically adaptive, we were never going to win

Well that's been a nightmare back to back games. Just when the notlob fans have finished with me now my workmates have started. Gonna be a long day tomorrow!

Match statistics

Blackburn

Burnley

Stats for the game.... as I was saying the score could have easily gone the other way.

I'd rather go with the evidence of my own eyes, thanks

I would rather our club had successive relegations into league 2, with no known players and relying on an average youth set up, or even administration than face the pain and heartache that the venky scum have inflicted on what once was a beautiful club.

Let's start from the bottom and build our way up with a team that cares about the club and what it means to play for the badge. Barring dunny, robbo and maybe Hanley and Rhodes, all we have is a team of mercenaries who have no interest other than picking up their inflated paycheques at the end of the week, regardless of win or lose.VENKYS OUT. Good old fashioned football and a properly run club IN.

Sorry Rhodie but Burnley were the far better team, they gave us a footballing lesson today

Sorry P.B. Bolton absolutely paggered us, Burnley didn`t. We gave as well as we took and could just have easily won it, even the stats tell the story.

Excellent post by Stuart above.

I thought we were completely out fought today, it looked like Burnley had 13 players. I would be amazed if we held the ball for longer than 5 seconds outside our back 4, they rushed us and we crumbled.

Heard Bowyer on Radio Rovers, I had to turn it off he is just so dreary how the hell can he pick up players.

Final note, I was extremely disappointed with Robbo for the goals you have to claim balls when you come.

Match statistics

Blackburn

Burnley

If you didn't watch the match and just read that you'd think so. The truth is it all changed after half time.

Dunn was knackered you could tell from his last few touches before being substituted, would have been an ideal time to bring Gestede on, considering our odd attack in the second half consisted of hoofing it or throwing it in the box . Would have also given Burnley something to worry about

Absolutely right. Dropping Gestede today was a terrible decision. Dunn was never going to last the pace so replacing him was inevitable but Gestede would have been a statement of attacking intent, of changing the momentum of the game, which was all in Burnley's favour through the second half. Taylor would have been an acceptable sub to bring on for Dunn but Feeney. Seriously?! What the hell was that about. Unfathomable.

• Backroom

Weirdly looking forward to a Wednesday now

We aren't up and the worst has just happened, no pressure (or atmosphere or anything to play for granted) now

Bowyer seems to steadfastly believe that the way for us to go this is with 2 holding midfielders, and I'm not sure why. Employing this tactic means our wide players have to become very influential in asserting ourselves on the game in a positive manner. It doesn't work with Ben Marshall, Josh King, and also Cairney (although he should play centrally every time) out of the team. Lining up with Conway and Varney in wide positions, 2 players who have only just joined, and offer very little pace, was never going to work today at home. It says it all when our defence would rather bypass the midfield entirely, than play through it to create chances. I would love to see Evans and Cairney in the centre moving forwards, just don't ever see that combination happening under Bowyer.

Disagree totally. The game was a tale of teo managers and given Gary's inability to set a team up or influence proceedings with good use of subs or being tactically adaptive, we were never going to win

Complete and utter rubbish! Today we should have either won or taken a draw.. 99.9999% of posters on here more than likely would have been happy with the draw before kick off. The only difference between the 2 teams and managers was a goalpost.

Just got back. Dunno what to say really. Bowyer out, Venkys out blah blah blah.

But seriously, if it's even possible to be positive; it seemed like they had 2 chances and they both went in and that was that. The team going up to the Premier league, way ahead in 2nd place, came here and were pretty damned lucky to win. God, I was slightly drunk, but hell that chance we had to make it 2-0 in the 2nd half - I thought it was in - I thought it was all over, man, how close was it???. As usual our best player is also our Achilles heel - as seems to happen almost every single game - as soon as Dunn went off it all went tits up. What the Kean is wrong with him, I mean he's younger than me and I can last 120 minutes and then some. I guess he's got a 'bit of the Irish in him', FFS!

So anyway, this amazing team that's in 2nd place and going up to the Premiership were sitting back keaning themselves (kind of like how we normally play) whilst an average team like us kind of dominated the last 10 minutes - yet of course failed to break through.

This is one of those times when you just have to man up and suck it up. In the future we could be back in the Premiership and beating the 6 fingered scum to send them down. I don't know when that's gonna happen - but it will.

Even though I have a season ticket I kind of feel like not bothering with Wednesday at the moment. I guess that's normal.

Kean!

Archived