BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] IT'S A BAD DAY!

I turned up to protest after one match when Kean was in charge. There was Abbey, a few lads from Norway and that's about it outside the main entrance. I came away thinking this Town doesn't deserve top flight football.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's exactly that kind of ever optimistic attitude that has got this club in this position.

No, it's the sensible way to deal with it - not getting too upset because it's only a football match and just supposed to be a bit of fun.

No, it's the sensible way to deal with it - not getting too upset because it's only a football match and just supposed to be a bit of fun.

A kickabout in the park is a bit of fun, this is Blackburn Rovers FC :angry2:

Can't bring myself to watch the goals back to see exactly, the shambles leading to their 2 goals but from my viewpoint, it certainly looked like Robbo's fault for the first goal and just a complete mess for the second.

I thought Hanley was immense yesterday and how Rhodes got MoM ahead of him, god only knows!

I said to the guy next to me after 10 mins that Henley needed taking off before he cost us a goal, Burnley saw him as the weak link (rightly so) and just sent every attach down from the right side of their defence and then from mid way into our half, send an angled ball over to Henley's area of the pitch which on most occasions he did an excellent job of allowing Danny Ings the freedom of Ewood Park! How he missed that double effort in the first half I'll never know!

I thought Keane did ok for a debutant seeing as he'd only met his centre half partner 2 days ago. Spurr was very average and not as aggressive as usual.

I though Rhodes was superb in the first half, managed to hold the ball up on a few occasions, got a couple of flick ons and took his goal well. Second half, he disappeared after hitting the post and once Dunny had left the field, hardly had a kick.

Feeney - Why? Surely Gestede was the man to bring on!?

I'm gutted but life goes on.

The best demonstration against the Rao's, and I think the only one that wil work, is just not to attend.

I think gradually people will stop going anyway.

God, following this football club is so depressing right now. I don't mind being @#/? so long as the players try, the manager knows what he's doing and the owners have a strategy and do what they can to back the manager.

At the moment, all three are a catastrophic fail.

I don't know how people can start picking positive aspects out of the last three years. It's like finding you've been burgled and everything's been taken apart from the toilet roll.

what's worth noting is that we were playing a team who line up same 1-11 and same 7 subs every week. everyone knows their job and the bloke next to them and behind and in front of them's job.

We've had three first choice goalkeepers in the last 3 months. Revolving right backs. That's just numbers 1 and 2 for example.

Silly signings of people who are no different or better to what's already here chucked in, rotation, changes, disruption

Building a promotion team for next season? Don't make me laugh - building a team for12th this season and no damned different next season unless some very expensive, high quality building blocks are suddenly coming in from somewhere

Yeah Meadows. Put to one side the match details and what I saw was one team who knew their game plan because they play that way every week and ran their balls off in order to execute it, and one team who doesn't know what their formation will be, what their team will be one game to another, how their subs will be used and had no belief or plan once their talisman had left the field of play. We weren't actually as bad as some fans make out IMO, but if we were to play them again next week I wouldn't expect any other result. Trouble is, this followed a terrible performance and result at Bolton, which at this important stage of the season doesn't suggest to me that things are getting better in any way.

I think you're dreaming there mate. So approx 7,000 people bought tickets & didn't turn up?

I must have imagined those huge rafts of empty seats I could see JW'S upper & Lower/ Blackburn End

I was just going off Sky saying that it was a sell out, sounds like that might have been wrong!

The problem we’ve got is only a small minority have the desire to actually protest in the traditional sense of the word. We should have seen thousands out of the streets when Kean was here, but we saw less than 100 on many occasions which speaks volumes for the desire of the vast majority of fans to bring about change.

Its all well and good the fans forum members making the trip to Pune, I wouldn’t have gone, but I fully understand the reason for going. The continued meetings with Agnew as the clubs representative are a mystery to me though, how on earth did anyone think talking that clown month after month would change anything?

Bottom line is the talking’s been done long ago, if people want Venkys out of the club it needs mass protests, but I’ll not hold my breath, most people are just happy to sit back and watch the club die, and that’s exactly whats happing under the idiots from Pune.

Yes, it was true. The sun did rise and the earth did continue to turn.

What a lovely sunny day! How is everyone? Are you all over the fact that the 2nd best team in the league played well against us for approximately 20 minutes yesterday?

It's exactly that kind of ever optimistic attitude that has got this club in this position. Optimistic when a bunch of hick Indians are allowed to inherit Jacks legacy. Optimistic when one of the PL's most experienced managers is sacked out of the blue when we are mid-table. Optimistic when they replace him with a complete non-entity. Optimistic we can return to the PL when we haven't a snowballs chance. Optimistic on each revolving door appointment. Optimistic the procession of classless, passionless rejects brought in can deliver - Rhodes excepted. Optimistic no doubt when we slip into the third tier and still looking forward to picking up a win against whichever never-been club we are playing. If you love Rovers stay away from Ewood. It needs a mass action boycott to bring about change. Venkys will never, EVER, bring success to this club. If you are think they will you are just optimistic.

Err, No. It's the attitude that stops you jumping off a high building. I woke up at 2.00am this morning and that was that. You think I'm optimistic ? You don't know me at all.

I've stayed away from the press. I haven't read any reports and certainly haven't watched the highlights (might wait a month to do that). Fortunately I don't know any Dingles close at hand either.

Still haven't decided on Wednesday yet. The atmosphere was so good (mostly) yesterday that anything else that follows will just be a damp squid - not to mention that we have 'nothing to play for' regarding promotion or relegation. Just waiting for the cricket season now.............. :glare:

What on earth is a protest going to do? Show the world that Rovers supporters can't take losing to their local rivals?

Like it or not, we are now stuck with Venkys. They've made a huge number of mistakes and they've stripped the club of a lot of its pride, but without them we are facing extinction. For the time being they pay the bills, bills that no one else is stepping up to pay.

Boycotting matches will just make us the laughing stock of the football league. It will make an already struggling club look virtually supporterless. Yes, you might get the odd person that understands patting you on the back and telling you that you're sticking up for real football fans, but the vast majority will not understand the mess at the heart of the matter and will just think of us as fairweather supporters who couldn't stick with a club after the Walker years.

No one else cares about Blackburn. It's our job to care about the club. If you think that you can serve the club best by ignoring it then you are seriously misguided. Hope isn't lost, the club is in a position now to build on the squad that we have and make a push towards promotion next season. Had we won yesterday we would have had our 35 year record and we would have sat two points off the playoffs and the attitude on here would have been totally different.

It's football, it's sport. It's decided by fine margins. By the width of the post on a Rhodes shot or the edge of Robinson's boot on a deflected Inge's effort. That's sport and it's tough to take sometimes, but now it is our job to keep supporting the club and hoping for better days.

We can keep looking for excuses as to why we are where we are now, or we can try to improve. If you want to take a big lesson from yesterday it should be to look at Burnley and see what dedication and hard work, even in the face of often inept ownership, can help you to achieve.

Come on guys the pain does ease, just put yourself in the dingle shoes for one minute. I can guarantee it wont see Burnley lording it over us for 35yrs.

The are on their way up BUT as good as they have been all season, they will come straight back down because they wont cope. Further to that they wont have Ings because he will be off in the summer to a better team, it is well know they are a feeder club for Southampton!

If we somehow were to keep this squad together next year then it will be us in the ascendance as they fall from grace. There is a work in progress at Ewood and it will get better, we have just slumped at the wrong time be it with performances and injuries taking their toll.

The club is moving forward slowly, its been a harsh recovery period but we are not there just yet. Next season is when we will find out the real destiny of the club.

It will progress with promotion or quite simply it will fold and we will take the drop down to Div 1. I don't think even Venkys want that because they will lose ALL of their investment.

So, stop the suicide watch, its time to let it go. How many times have we lord it in recent years? We have won at the turd, battered them here there and everywhere and have seen untold glories whilst they have done what exactly? Up and down and survival. Let them have their fun, its a football thing.

13 games are left to steer us into a position to make sure that it is BRFC doing a burnley to everyone next season.

We live in hope.

Come on guys the pain does ease, just put yourself in the dingle shoes for one minute. I can guarantee it wont see Burnley lording it over us for 35yrs.

The are on their way up BUT as good as they have been all season, they will come straight back down because they wont cope. Further to that they wont have Ings because he will be off in the summer to a better team, it is well know they are a feeder club for Southampton!

If we somehow were to keep this squad together next year then it will be us in the ascendance as they fall from grace. There is a work in progress at Ewood and it will get better, we have just slumped at the wrong time be it with performances and injuries taking their toll.

The club is moving forward slowly, its been a harsh recovery period but we are not there just yet. Next season is when we will find out the real destiny of the club.

It will progress with promotion or quite simply it will fold and we will take the drop down to Div 1. I don't think even Venkys want that because they will lose ALL of their investment.

So, stop the suicide watch, its time to let it go. How many times have we lord it in recent years? We have won at the turd, battered them here there and everywhere and have seen untold glories whilst they have done what exactly? Up and down and survival. Let them have their fun, its a football thing.

13 games are left to steer us into a position to make sure that it is BRFC doing a burnley to everyone next season.

We live in hope.

Is that prescription stuff?

I don't see a bright future for our club. In my opinion the first step towards the club's demise was venky's running the club as anderson and co told them. They got rid of football people who loved the club, and let agents and thieves get us relegated and debt ridden.

But I think the thing that will finish our club off is the large number of fans who are just so full of hate and anger that they can't support the steps towards recovery which the club has made recently.

There are no new owners coming to save us, if venky's leave, we go out of business. But it seems some fans would rather see the club die to satisfy their hatred for venkys.

I am going on Wednesday - I have to take wednesday afternoon and thursday morning off work for the travelling. Some fans on here talking about boycotting games - great way to rally round the club. Stay-away fans will harm rovers, while they blame venkys for doing the exact same thing.

Want the best for rovers - get behind the team.

I don't see a bright future for our club. In my opinion the first step towards the club's demise was venky's running the club as anderson and co told them. They got rid of football people who loved the club, and let agents and thieves get us relegated and debt ridden.

But I think the thing that will finish our club off is the large number of fans who are just so full of hate and anger that they can't support the steps towards recovery which the club has made recently.

There are no new owners coming to save us, if venky's leave, we go out of business. But it seems some fans would rather see the club die to satisfy their hatred for venkys.

I am going on Wednesday - I have to take wednesday afternoon and thursday morning off work for the travelling. Some fans on here talking about boycotting games - great way to rally round the club. Stay-away fans will harm rovers, while they blame venkys for doing the exact same thing.

Want the best for rovers - get behind the team.

Can't agree with what is going to finish the club, it is the Roas not being honest and open with the fans that is going to finish the club

What I've been looking for is the eleven men out there in blue and white to be giving it their all for the shirt. That's all I and I suspect many like me desire from our team. Hand on heart how many games this season has that happened ? I don't expect Bryan Douglas style skill or Alan Shearer style net busting finishing at this level, but I do expect us to match whoever we are playing in terms of effort. I expect us to press with enthusiasm all over the pitch, win our share of fifty-fifty balls, chase lost causes, show some fight when you go behind etc.

Are we getting that ? I've played enough to know when I think I'm getting my leg pulled by the players. Is Bowyer the guy to give more experienced players the hard word when this keeps happening ? I remember listening to Radio Lancashire after a pretty poor Burnley performance. Stan Ternent came on live and said " There were players out there today that will never play for this club again ". As I recall there were one or two has beens looking for a last pay day amongst them. Burnley were struggling then in the old Div 3 but those players never played again as far as I know. Before long he'd got them promoted.

Archived