BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum Away

as much as it hurts i read a piece in the lancs evening paper on how burnley got up and how the club is run, it should how far down we have come, and how a club on ltd money should be run if there can do it so can we, we just ne3ed the right owners and people running it

And a manager who doesn't settle for a point at home to Yeovil

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The table also shows we're 3 points off the playoffs, so not doing too bad ourselves :)

Well if we finish 3 points outside the playoffs it's as useful as finishing 3 points above the drop zone

Also it doesn't matter how Yeovil did before they were absolutely woeful against us and that's no exaggeration, they struggled to kick a ball straight, were you there? If so you will say the same I'm sure.

A point or not whatever way you look at it it's 2 points dropped

If your doing stats on yeovils away form they have conceded more goals away from home in the division , second only to

Us !

The table also shows we're 3 points off the playoffs, so not doing too bad ourselves :)

3 ? Oh so goal difference don't count for anything .

Well if we finish 3 points outside the playoffs it's as useful as finishing 3 points above the drop zone

Also it doesn't matter how Yeovil did before they were absolutely woeful against us and that's no exaggeration, they struggled to kick a ball straight, were you there? If so you will say the same I'm sure.

So did we Tom. Yeovil could have won that game if they'd have had Ismael Miller up front IMO.

As I've said in the other thread though, I believe it was more of an off-day for the players rather than drastically poor management by Bowyer.

• Backroom

I'm not saying it was a good result, it obviously wasn't. But in context Yeovil have also taken a point off Leicester, Wigan and Reading away from home very recently so the table doesn't - imo - tell the whole story. There's no question we should have won that match, but for whatever reason it didn't happen for us. I didn't find a whole lot wrong with the shape or line-up, the players just struggled to produce for whatever reason. Considering we beat Birmingham 4-2 away in the next game I'm not sure Bowyer's motivational skills are necessarily the cause of the Yeovil performance.

Perhaps the squad were mentally a little dented after throwing away the game at Sheff Weds? I don't know. It was an odd one.

• Backroom

If we are using other results to define our own is there any team that can't stick a handful past Brum?

Not sure what's happened with Clarke he looked to have potential at one point

• Backroom

Well, they'd conceded 5 in their previous 3 games before us so hitting them for 4 in one match is still quite impressive.

That said yes, they are a poor team. The 2-0 victory against QPR would be a better example to use for a match where we were impressive and focused. As I mentioned in the other thread though, it makes the results after it even more frustrating.

So did we Tom. Yeovil could have won that game if they'd have had Ismael Miller up front IMO.

As I've said in the other thread though, I believe it was more of an off-day for the players rather than drastically poor management by Bowyer.

What about not going for it tho , that's not an off day it's bad management . Brutal but true.

• Backroom

What about not going for it tho , that's not an off day it's bad management . Brutal but true.

yep that's the thing, one of our own players even said they were told to hold on to the point rather than go for the kill

When supposedly chasing a playoff spot against bottom of the league that's unforgivable for me, many will disagree and they are well within their rights but I just think we could have really mounted a push and worried other teams by winning that one

See Lowe yet again failed to stop a cross which led to Brums first goal.

Yeah and Kane and Handley failed to stop the shot for their second. You don't mention that Brum's defence failed to cut out at least 4 crosses on that video. Three of which lead to goals and the other was when Gestede missed an absolute sitter.

JAL hope you don't mind me saying so but your constant sniping at Lowe illustrates either a hidden agenda or more likely a terribly juvenile mentality.

Undeniably so. Happens all the time in football and especially at this time of the year.

Yeovil managed draws away from home against Leicester, Wigan and Reading in March so they actually haven't been doing too badly on the road recently.

Did Gaz finally bring that book back to the library?

When you've finished with it let me know, I need to brush up on my excuse making. Cheers. :tu:

The manager said that he didn't agree with booing at the end of the game, a long way away from nailing the fans.

He didn't just do that at all. He did a Kean under duress. It did not suit him.

• Backroom

Did Gaz finally bring that book back to the library?

When you've finished with it let me know, I need to brush up on my excuse making. Cheers. :tu:

Since you apparently missed it in your haste to be so witty...

I'm not saying it was a good result, it obviously wasn't. But in context Yeovil have also taken a point off Leicester, Wigan and Reading away from home very recently so the table doesn't - imo - tell the whole story. There's no question we should have won that match, but for whatever reason it didn't happen for us. I didn't find a whole lot wrong with the shape or line-up, the players just struggled to produce for whatever reason. Considering we beat Birmingham 4-2 away in the next game I'm not sure Bowyer's motivational skills are necessarily the cause of the Yeovil performance.

Perhaps the squad were mentally a little dented after throwing away the game at Sheff Weds? I don't know. It was an odd one.

Claiming teams are good on paper or based on cherry picking individual results out of context is garbage though, DE, and rather cowardly IMO. Bowyer has been doing both all season.

Which do you think reflects more on Yeovil's standing as a team, and therefore the fans realistic expectations: the odd freak result or their league position after 43 league games (bottom)? There was no mention that Huddersfield put 5 past them, or Middlesbrough and Barnsley, 4.

The league table doesn't lie. Yeovil are a League One team having their day in the sun, and Rovers are one or two results (against such teams) away from the play-offs.

It's how close Bowyer has got that is keeping him in post. Some have said finishing 7th or 21st makes little difference.

It does to Bowyer.

Likewise. And I don't even have thick skin really! We're all pretty darn miffed at the last few years but some people magnify the smallest thing and blow it out of proportion. It's poisonous, too.

Totally agree el tombro, I do think we have some precious fans on here

Archived