BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum Away

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleasing result, just a little too late for us to get 6th spot I reckon. Brighton have Yeovil on Friday, I expect them to be more ruthless than we were against them.

Never the less it was a fantastic first half performance that showed what Rovers are capable of on their day. Play Cairney with Evans and shift Lowe to right back and it improves that starting 11 further.

See Charlton won at Wednesday today. Confidence boost for them making it a tricky game for ys. Well done today GB and the lads I really did not expect it. Still the happiness is tempered with the what might have been had we held on at Hillsborough and done what we should have against Yeovil. Still it keeps things interesting for the next game at least. Hope Boro do Reading tomorrow.

See Charlton won at Wednesday today. Confidence boost for them making it a tricky game for ys. Well done today GB and the lads I really did not expect it. Still the happiness is tempered with the what might have been had we held on at Hillsboriugh and done what we should have against Yoevil. Still it keeps things interesting for the next game at least. Hope Leicester do Reading tomorrow.

Reading face Boro tomorrow.

Some of the football we played today was exceptional, with a few clever additions in the summer we will go up. Bowyer is the right man for the job, regardless of what any of the moaners who don't understand football on this board think.

Some of the football we played today was exceptional, with a few clever additions in the summer we will go up. Bowyer is the right man for the job, regardless of what any of the moaners who don't understand football on this board think.

Let's not forget Brum hadn't won at home for 15 league games before today, and were 1 point off the relegation zone.

Any sign that Rudy was injured btw, I presume you were at the game ?

Is this a wind up post?

So if we won 8-1 and scored all our 8 in the first half we would have lost the second half 1-0. Very silly indeed.

Is this a wind up post?

So if we won 8-1 and scored all our 8 in the first half we would have lost the second half 1-0. Very silly indeed.

How can you possibly interpret that as a wind up - unless you are trying to wind me up.

It was a comment or perhaps an indication of how to mismanage a team and take them from pulverising the opposition in one half to almost the opposite. I was able to watch the game - and that's what I saw.

Let's not forget Brum hadn't won at home for 15 league games before today, and were 1 point off the relegation zone.

Any sign that Rudy was injured btw, I presume you were at the game ?

True, they were awful in the first half and for the first 15/20 of the second but I think it was more of a case of us being very good. Even though we let in two goals, some of the defending at the end was solid and Robbo made some vital saves.

Not sure if he was injured to be honest, I think it was more a precautionary measure to bring him off as he seemed ok after his knock. Hope to god we can keep him and Rhodes fit for the majority of next year and bring in a nippy and intelligent striker to compliment Rudy and Jordan and give Bowyer another option - I'd take Bellamy in his pomp!

What a difference compared to this time last year eh?

• Backroom

What qualifies you to be an expert then and state your opinion as fact?

Bowyer may be the right man for the job he may not be, personally I think we could possibly attract a better man for the job.

I also understand football pretty well so this is am awkward situation all round

I don't know what you are expecting Bowyer to say about it but resting/protecting him is all you are likely to get, assuming he wasn't injured.

Im not saying it was a good sub but I don't really know what you're expecting him to say about it. Hes not going to say it was wrong as we won.

Was totally open minded when I asked the question, you replied about resting thus the reply.

Why o why, does he keep playing Varney when the future is sat there on the bench next to him.

All that happened today is that we won a game of football. What we should remember our home game against them was/should have been a win. We capitulated in the first half, and ended up losing to them. We can debate it all we want, it will take a miracle to get into the PO's. We've won some, lost some (Dingles mainly), drawn too many. We've been found wanting too many times, and that's why we aren't good enough to be in the PO's never mind go up.

I don't hold my hopes up, but a statement of intent from the club would be nice......I've come closest to hate with the Loons, but we are where they have have driven/ignored us.

With this team, a few exits, couple of deft buys.....next season could be good?

How can you possibly interpret that as a wind up - unless you are trying to wind me up.

It was a comment or perhaps an indication of how to mismanage a team and take them from pulverising the opposition in one half to almost the opposite. I was able to watch the game - and that's what I saw.

I think some people have seen the score line and taken it as a good result which it is, and those who actually watched the match and saw one big decision by Bowyer turn the match on its head.

If it was a one off tactical gaffe then i doubt anyone would be "moaning" due to the score line but it's one of many that's making some fans reflect on the bigger picture.

All that happened today is that we won a game of football. What we should remember our home game against them was/should have been a win. We capitulated in the first half, and ended up losing to them. We can debate it all we want, it will take a miracle to get into the PO's. We've won some, lost some (Dingles mainly), drawn too many. We've been found wanting too many times, and that's why we aren't good enough to be in the PO's never mind go up.

I don't hold my hopes up, but a statement of intent from the club would be nice......I've come closest to hate with the Loons, but we are where they have have driven/ignored us.

With this team, a few exits, couple of deft buys.....next season could be good?

Simon Eastwood was the reason that day and he could so easily have played today as he sat on the bench so it just goes to show what fine margins Rovers operate in.

What qualifies you to be an expert then and state your opinion as fact?

Bowyer may be the right man for the job he may not be, personally I think we could possibly attract a better man for the job.

I also understand football pretty well so this is am awkward situation all round

Does everyone need to write 'in my opinion...' before conveying their opinion? The only fact is that what someone writes on a messageboard when commenting on a game is an opinion, I assumed that was implied?

Anyway, I'm sure you do understand football pretty well and I'm pleased for you. Curiosity is interesting though, I'd be curious to know how you would define a 'better' man for the job? Who would this man be? Actually, I can probably guess what the response would be: someone who was more tactically astute, someone who could attract bigger names to the club and someone who has experience of promotion from the Championship - the problem is, that won't guarantee promotion - ask any QPR fan.

In my opinion... I believe there is no better man. Bowyer has pulled this club up from the brink of disaster, he has proved himself in the transfer market and is by all accounts (in my opinion) an excellent leader and man manager. What he does need to do, in my opinion, is take every game as another step in his development and learn from his mistakes to help improve the team.

The fact is, he is doing and has done a cracking job and I'd be more than happy for him to be in charge next season as I think it would be in the best interests of the club and supporters.

Either way, it is a fact that we are in a much healthier position on 21/04/2014 than we were on 21/04/2013, all thanks to Gary Bowyer.

Just got home. What an excellent and frustrating game all in one!!

First half and the beginning of the second half we were awesome. Gestede and Cknway especially. Then the subs came and it all went to @#/?.

We were well on top and the replacement of Gestede with Varney immediately put us under pressure. This was further compounded when Feeney came on. Whether or not Gestede and King needed a rest, the two replacements are just not good enough. Two incidents summed up Feeney, one he went for a little run down the left before sailing it over the bar, then a little later on his complete unawareness of the where the ball was saw it bounce off his back and out for a goalkick. Thankfully theyre both only on loan.

Lets not forget Brum played the last 10-15 minutes with ten men, and we were properly holding on for dear life. The second goal was really bad goalkeeping, Robbo dives like a girl when its going into the corner.

So a good win but even more frustrating that we couldnt make it count on Friday.

Archived