BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum Away

Of course it's fine lines, but a season levels itself out. We've taken back the three points they took from us. Bottom line, three years of turbulence - a rookie manager, stay-a-way owners, no management save for Shelfie, no comment on our future..........another long slog in the Championship, whilst Liverpool join the PL club.......still only six over 20 years!

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Does everyone need to write 'in my opinion...' before conveying their opinion? The only fact is that what someone writes on a messageboard when commenting on a game is an opinion, I assumed that was implied?

Anyway, I'm sure you do understand football pretty well and I'm pleased for you. Curiosity is interesting though, I'd be curious to know how you would define a 'better' man for the job? Who would this man be? Actually, I can probably guess what the response would be: someone who was more tactically astute, someone who could attract bigger names to the club and someone who has experience of promotion from the Championship - the problem is, that won't guarantee promotion - ask any QPR fan.

In my opinion... I believe there is no better man. Bowyer has pulled this club up from the brink of disaster, he has proved himself in the transfer market and is by all accounts (in my opinion) an excellent leader and man manager. What he does need to do, in my opinion, is take every game as another step in his development and learn from his mistakes to help improve the team.

The fact is, he is doing and has done a cracking job and I'd be more than happy for him to be in charge next season as I think it would be in the best interests of the club and supporters.

Either way, it is a fact that we are in a much healthier position on 21/04/2014 than we were on 21/04/2013, all thanks to Gary Bowyer.

Thanks for the thought out reply good post (in my opinion)

I actually think he's been brilliant in the transfer market and for that it would be sad to see him go I just worry that he isn't going to acquire a tactical brain and it will always leave us short.

I've said many a times an ideal scenario for me would be a great mind alongside him but it can be tricky to wangle, someone like Phelan is dreamland.

I left the house to go out with my wife just after watching Rudy's awful miss on the computer. I shouted something unspeakable. The drive to Skipton was pleasant enough, as I got snatches of positive commentary along the way. Clearly, we were murdering them. At 4-0 we left the car contentedly. My wife foolishly commented that at least today Rovers would cheer me up.

Honestly, I do hate myself for this, but, to my everlasting shame, I said " Just watch us f** it up in the 2nd half!"

On arriving back to the car I had to listen to the Turf Moor celebrations for several, tedious minutes before finding out that we had certainly not made inroads into our lousy goal difference!

After reading this thread I see that the substitutions seemed to be the problem again.The only thing I can hope for is that there were fitness( carrying injury) reasons for the changes today.

Thanks for the thought out reply good post (in my opinion)

I actually think he's been brilliant in the transfer market and for that it would be sad to see him go I just worry that he isn't going to acquire a tactical brain and it will always leave us short.

I've said many a times an ideal scenario for me would be a great mind alongside him but it can be tricky to wangle, someone like Phelan is dreamland.

I agree. A top draw assistant plus a bit of investment from the Pune mafia and we'll be cooking on gas. I've always had a soft spot for Ray Wilkins but I fear the furthest north he'd venture these days is Milton Keynes!

As much as I hate to say it, we are better off missing out on the playoffs this season. We need another season of further building before we are anywhere near ready for the prem. Burnley have got what we have been lacking, consistency...that is why they have got promoted, you can bet your bottom dollar they are going to get a few good hidings over the next season especially when they start with the injuries, they simply haven`t got the squad to stay up. If we can get in a few more quality signings over the summer, we should be ready for a serious promotion push.

Does everyone need to write 'in my opinion...' before conveying their opinion? The only fact is that what someone writes on a messageboard when commenting on a game is an opinion, I assumed that was implied?

Anyway, I'm sure you do understand football pretty well and I'm pleased for you. Curiosity is interesting though, I'd be curious to know how you would define a 'better' man for the job? Who would this man be? Actually, I can probably guess what the response would be: someone who was more tactically astute, someone who could attract bigger names to the club and someone who has experience of promotion from the Championship - the problem is, that won't guarantee promotion - ask any QPR fan.

In my opinion... I believe there is no better man. Bowyer has pulled this club up from the brink of disaster, he has proved himself in the transfer market and is by all accounts (in my opinion) an excellent leader and man manager. What he does need to do, in my opinion, is take every game as another step in his development and learn from his mistakes to help improve the team.

The fact is, he is doing and has done a cracking job and I'd be more than happy for him to be in charge next season as I think it would be in the best interests of the club and supporters.

Either way, it is a fact that we are in a much healthier position on 21/04/2014 than we were on 21/04/2013, all thanks to Gary Bowyer.

I wish I had an agent like you.

As much as I hate to say it, we are better off missing out on the playoffs this season. We need another season of further building before we are anywhere near ready for the prem. Burnley have got what we have been lacking, consistency...that is why they have got promoted, you can bet your bottom dollar they are going to get a few good hidings over the next season especially when they start with the injuries, they simply haven`t got the squad to stay up. If we can get in a few more quality signings over the summer, we should be ready for a serious promotion push.

Why are we better off?

Them 2 goals may be the reason we don't make the play offs this season, frustrating, very frustrating.

More like the equaliser by Sheff Wed. Or what about the injury time goal by Forest at Ewood? It's the end of the season and one can point to many 'what ifs'.

This squad wouldn't cope in the premier league regardless of a few new signings. Things are going in the right direction and I'd certainly give Bowyer some more time but there does have to come a point where a sustained promotion push has to come about. Next season we need to be consistently in the play off spots and if we're not there or there abouts come December then I'd consider a change of manager. His signings have been brilliant and the team has shown that on their day they're capable of getting a result just about anywhere. I can accept a season of mid table mediocrity provided that it can be built on. Retain the best players, sign one or two more and then next season we should expect a serious promotion challenge.

So, Rudy scored a hat trick of headers. I'm wondering if this has been done by a Rovers player before? And if so, when was the last time? One for you stattos :P

I seem to recall Jimmy Quinn doing this at Sheffield United sometime in the mid to late eighties?

What qualifies you to be an expert then and state your opinion as fact?

Bowyer may be the right man for the job he may not be, personally I think we could possibly attract a better man for the job.

I also understand football pretty well so this is am awkward situation all round

You might be right, but the chance is that we can attract a whole lot worse men for the job, and looking at our track record that chance is more likely. I like the job Bowyer is doing and he should be given one more season

Really wish I'd gone today,I remember getting a good result there in our last promotion season, but as its my 30th wedding anniversary and my wife hates football I had to give it a miss. Ah well at least there was something to brighten the day up!

Archived