BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Bowyer Right To Have A Go At Fans ?

fans pay their money, they are entitled to do whatever they flamin' well like, when players and managers reimburse the supporters for abject performances then they can sing a different tune, if you work for a company and a customer gets a product that's broken or not up to standard then you ask for your money back.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The booing was after the final whistle.

It was justified. We were garbage. The first save of the game was after 84 minutes.

I am worried for the future. Venkys will only take the Club further downwards. GB is not the man for the job and only the blinkered continue to follow him, he reminds me of Ed Milliband......dead boring and a looser.

The booing was after the final whistle.

It was justified. We were garbage. The first save of the game was after 84 minutes.

I am worried for the future. Venkys will only take the Club further downwards. GB is not the man for the job and only the blinkered continue to follow him, he reminds me of Ed Milliband......dead boring and a looser.

I'm getting a bit tired of you linking Rovers predicament with a very thinly veiled attack on the Labour Party. There are other forums on this site were politics can be discussed. I suggest you take the chip on your shoulder there.

I think we have to remember a few points half way through the 1st half Spurr got injured so the first change was enforced but I fully agree after full time that display was insipid in 90 mins Yeovil only had 1 shot on target their shooting was so wayward the back 4 and GK could have had the deckchairs out! they were that poor were never going to score I also thought he should have brought on Josh King after 55 or 60 mins to leave it till 80 mins was suicide and if we were serious about making the top 6 he really should have bought on Varney in stead of Dunn and gone for the jugular also I don't know what it is but to me Jordan Rhodes does not look at all match fit to me Gestede wins every ball in the air but rhodes seems unable to collect those flick ons and he seems very lethargic esp throughout friday's game.

I think we have to remember a few points half way through the 1st half Spurr got injured so the first change was enforced but I fully agree after full time that display was insipid in 90 mins Yeovil only had 1 shot on target their shooting was so wayward the back 4 and GK could have had the deckchairs out! they were that poor were never going to score I also thought he should have brought on Josh King after 55 or 60 mins to leave it till 80 mins was suicide and if we were serious about making the top 6 he really should have bought on Varney in stead of Dunn and gone for the jugular also I don't know what it is but to me Jordan Rhodes does not look at all match fit to me Gestede wins every ball in the air but rhodes seems unable to collect those flick ons and he seems very lethargic esp throughout friday's game.

I agree about King should have been on much earlier but Varney? On Friday, Gestede met his match in the centre half won the majority of the high balls so it was pointless carrying on with this tactic. If he was going to bring on a loan star, Feeney would have been better and then we would have pace down both flanks which Yeovil would have struggled with.

Are your full stop and paragraph marks following you up from London, Sav? Or did you sell them for your train ticket? :D

I agree about King should have been on much earlier but Varney? On Friday, Gestede met his match in the centre half won the majority of the high balls so it was pointless carrying on with this tactic. If he was going to bring on a loan star, Feeney would have been better and then we would have pace down both flanks which Yeovil would have struggled with.

we had used 2 sub's. It wasn't safe to have put the last one on any earlier was it?

we had used 2 sub's. It wasn't safe to have put the last one on any earlier was it?

When we were effectively 20 minutes away from our season ending then maybe, just maybe, that wasn't the time to play 'safe'.

If your aim is not to lose then yes but if you are trying to win the game then sometimes you have to gamble. Personally I'd have brought King on in front of Dunn and tried with King and Conway wide to try and stretch Yeovil.

maybe you would, maybe I'd have done things differently , maybe we'd both have ended up losing too. Nothings ever guaranteed in football is it? My main issue was with our collective mindset. We went out as if we went through the motions Yeovil would have laid down and died.

When we were effectively 20 minutes away from our season ending then maybe, just maybe, that wasn't the time to play 'safe'.

It hasn't ended yet.

What hasnt ended yet Gordon? Our chance at the playoffs? For sure it hasnt, but those 2 games against Yeovil and S Wednesday will come back to haunt us. Had we won those 2 games, we would be comfortable in the top 6. The fans knew we had a chance still,, but Bowyer looked like he was already on holiday. Its still possible no doubt, but we have to win both games and jump over 8 or so other teams, and hope they slip up.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

"WHO would have thought that on the final day of this season Rovers would still have something to play for?

Six weeks ago we were written off by many sections of our own support after a disappointing year."

That must be the most STUPID bit of goading I've ever read, and bear in mind this is a fan messageboard. If he'd posted that on here he would have been rightly called a WUM.

We barely have a sniff but here we are with the complete garbage that is 'we made it to the last day, still in the mix'.

We have NEVER been in the play-off places all season yet we have to read this 'Rovers just miss out' guff.

Have a word with yourself, Dan. Is it any wonder the LT is on its last legs? You don't @#/? off your customers in favour of the advertisers.

When was this column written? Rovers don't have anything to play for unless you believe in pie in the sky results. I'd love to know what odds you'd get at the bookies for an accumulator containing Burnley to beat Reading by 3, Rovers to beat Wigan by 4 and Forest beating Brighton. I'm guessing about 200/1.

So it is over and we didn't get in the play-offs, a feat that looked impossible all season because of our inability to win must-win games, and now is impossible because we didn't win 2 must-win games against Yeovil and Sheff Wednesday.

Bowyer's won me around a bit but if you look at our league position in comparison to our wage bill, instead of constantly looking at it in terms of good old stability (which basically means being better than Berg and Appleton), then he's hardly set the world alight. He'll have a smaller wage bill next season, will he get us in the play-offs then? If he doesn't then he'll have a smaller one the season after. Time isn't on our side, if he can produce a genuine promotion attempt next season fine, if we're gonna have another season of stability, not fine.

Archived