BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC

koi

Not seen this mentioned elsewhere - Well done to Gary Flitcroft and Matty, Chorley crowned champions and second promotion for Gary in three season I think?

Don't shout it too loudly or venkys will appoint him to replace bowyer as he's just what the fans are supposedly asking for- an experienced and successful manager

Sorry but it's one thing coaching in the evo stik premier but it's totally incomparable to the 2nd tier in English football.

I heard that on the radio today and I laughed.

I've laughed a lot today. Perhaps it has something to do with the season being over and the 'summer silly season' beginning? Who knows.

I would have Flitty over Bowyer any day. I want a manager with passion and tactical nouse, not GB.

Had Flitty been at Rovers he'd be long gone...3 years to get a promoted to Conference North

Some time ago Flitcroft said they'd be off if a league club come in for him and Jansen, looks like noone has of yet.

Excellent for Chorley, went right to the last game. Had they drawn at Buxton, FC United would've been going up automatically.

Seen some photos on Facebook, there's a serious party going on at the club house!

As unbelievable as it may sound but a few hardcore Chorley fans have spent the last month or so questioning Flittys tactics to the point of actually falling out with him. At Chorley he did have about 6 or 7 players on full time contracts thanks to Hemmings, not sure if that is still the case but it's a great help at that level. Also he was well in line for the Rovers job not long ago to the point he actually thought he was getting it. Good lad who's done great for CFC but manager of Rovers ? no thanks, although if we did plummet down the divisions in years to come then we could probably do worse.

As unbelievable as it may sound but a few hardcore Chorley fans have spent the last month or so questioning Flittys tactics to the point of actually falling out with him. At Chorley he did have about 6 or 7 players on full time contracts thanks to Hemmings, not sure if that is still the case but it's a great help at that level. Also he was well in line for the Rovers job not long ago to the point he actually thought he was getting it. Good lad who's done great for CFC but manager of Rovers ? no thanks, although if we did plummet down the divisions in years to come then we could probably do worse.

I think next season will be a better assessment of Flittys management. The top teams in the conference are very comparable to league 2 mid-table teams. If he does well then I can see a lower league team take him on.

I think next season will be a better assessment of Flittys management. The top teams in the conference are very comparable to league 2 mid-table teams. If he does well then I can see a lower league team take him on.

Yes that's a good way of looking at it. He seems very attatched to Chorley so I think it would have to be a good job to tempt him away.

Chorley are two promotions, away from becoming a football league club. Trevor Hemmings will spend money on, it and he is a very wealthy guy, so you never know!

If they do get into the league , will he have to relinquish his interest in Chorley seeing as he owns PNE? certainly a clever bloke (he got rid of shelfy pretty sharp after the takeover) and puts his money where his mouth is

If they do get into the league , will he have to relinquish his interest in Chorley seeing as he owns PNE? certainly a clever bloke (he got rid of shelfy pretty sharp after the takeover) and puts his money where his mouth is

Not bad for a Charlton Athletic fan :)

Is he not another league away from Conference proper?

Don't think Trevor Hemmings has anything to do with the club these days. He did straighten the club finances at some point and he did own the ground and rent it free to the club but I seem to remember him handing it all over to club. I do remember him putting 30k in via one of his companies when the club accountant at the time swindled 40 or so thousand out of the club.

Is he not another league away from Conference proper?

Don't think Trevor Hemmings has anything to do with the club these days. He did straighten the club finances at some point and he did own the ground and rent it free to the club but I seem to remember him handing it all over to club. I do remember him putting 30k in via one of his companies when the club accountant at the time swindled 40 or so thousand out of the club.

Yes he is one league away from the conference Premier. They will play next season in the conference North. The Chairman is Ken Wright and the life time president is ex Burnley and England International, Brian Pilkington. Sadly Brian I not too well these days, but does go to the matches when he can.

Well good luck to Chorley anyway, never thought Fleetwood or Morecambe would be in the football league so just shows what can be achieved. Possible Fleetwood v Blackpool local derby next year

Fleetwood also have a very wealthy owner called Andy Pilley. He pumped a lot of money in to fund the great ground they now have and the rise trough the leagues. It goes to show, that money, even at that level, can lead to success. I would expect them to be in league one, within the next couple of seasons and would have probably got there this year had Pilley and the previous manager not fallen out.

Fleetwood also have a very wealthy owner called Andy Pilley. He pumped a lot of money in to fund the great ground they now have and the rise trough the leagues. It goes to show, that money, even at that level, can lead to success. I would expect them to be in league one, within the next couple of seasons and would have probably got there this year had Pilley and the previous manager not fallen out.

Yeah I remember reading this last year , http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398671/Fleetwood-Town-chairman-Andy-Pilley-describes-came-pub-football-aiming-Championship.html . Money doesn't guarantee success but used right and getting the right people onboard it certainly helps. Despite being a dingle always like Graham Alexander as a player , certainly looking like the makings of a good manager

Yeah I remember reading this last year , http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398671/Fleetwood-Town-chairman-Andy-Pilley-describes-came-pub-football-aiming-Championship.html . Money doesn't guarantee success but used right and getting the right people onboard it certainly helps. Despite being a dingle always like Graham Alexander as a player , certainly looking like the makings of a good manager

I'm sure Alexander will do a good job, but it is a shame that Micky Mellon was sacked, as he was doing a fantastic job and I do believe he would have got them promoted again this season.

He was sacked for none footballing reasons and although Alexander has done well, a few games were lost, which were probably due to the upheaval. They may well get promotion via the paly offs yet, but if not, will be a big force in league 2 next year.

Surely Fleetwood will fall foul of FFP?

Which would be ridiculous really - and kill any romance football might have left in it.

Fleetwood and Morcambe have the advantage of not having so many big clubs on their doorstep, something which has always been a problem for Chorley. Then again, Stanley, Morcambe and Fleetwood only avg. 1500-2000 I think and I'm sure Chorley could do that. Not sure how much work would need to be done to Victory Park to get FL status. Not that I'm jumping the gun or owt...

Archived