BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC

koi

Pilley's a Blackpool fan believe it or not!

In other news, I can't believe there's suggestion of a Flitcroft and Jansen partnership managing us now, on here. Have people not learnt from the disaster of Paul Ince? Give a few years, then it could be worth considering, but now? No thanks!

Fleetwood and Morcambe have the advantage of not having so many big clubs on their doorstep, something which has always been a problem for Chorley. Then again, Stanley, Morcambe and Fleetwood only avg. 1500-2000 I think and I'm sure Chorley could do that. Not sure how much work would need to be done to Victory Park to get FL status. Not that I'm jumping the gun or owt...

When they had a spell in the higher divs a good few years ago Chorley averaged around that I seem to remember. Plenty good gates last season although they tailed off a bit this season but there was 2k home fans on easter Monday. Capacity now can't be much more than 2.5k ?

• Backroom

I remember one night at Ewood there was rumours he was the new manager after Iain Dowie said something on sky sports news, there was a lot of disbelief and anger around in the stands

Pleased for Chorley they've done well there

I remember one night at Ewood there was rumours he was the new manager after Iain Dowie said something on sky sports news, there was a lot of disbelief and anger around in the stands

He must have come close. I got told away at Charlton last season he was to be offered the job.

Fleetwood and Morcambe have the advantage of not having so many big clubs on their doorstep, something which has always been a problem for Chorley. Then again, Stanley, Morcambe and Fleetwood only avg. 1500-2000 I think and I'm sure Chorley could do that. Not sure how much work would need to be done to Victory Park to get FL status. Not that I'm jumping the gun or owt...

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/attendance-tables.php

They've averaged nearly a thousand this season which is pretty impressive. If they got in the league i'd imagine they'd at least double it.

AFC Fylde in the play offs too. I think used to be Kirkham.

There must have been some Buxton fans as there were reports of chorley fans attacking them

Buxton get around 250/350 according to one of their regulars down there. Certainly didn't see any hint of aggro, over zealous celebrating was aplenty though.

Not a first leg, it's a KO so FC United have missed out on promotion again. I can only see Fylde getting promotion.

Thanks, my mistake, even better re FC United.

Just noticed Mathew Blinkhorn plays for AFC Fylde. He was at blackpool not long ago so Fylde must have some money behind them.

Reading through the results on that link I cannot believe Northwich Vics now only have less than 100 watching them at home games.

Does anyone know the reasons why? I seem to recall they moved into a brand new stadium fairly recently as well.

Thanks, my mistake, even better re FC United.

I presumed it was a two-legged affair but then I noticed the AET bit. Looks like second and third get the home tie in the PO, second plays fifth and third plays fourth, I suppose it gives incentives to finish as high as possible, unless you're FC United..

Reading through the results on that link I cannot believe Northwich Vics now only have less than 100 watching them at home games.

Does anyone know the reasons why? I seem to recall they moved into a brand new stadium fairly recently as well.

Think they've been in administration a few tells and have been expelled from a league or leagues.

edit: wiki says they've been in right mess for few years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwich_Victoria_F.C.

• 1 year later...

I went to Chorley last week for the 0-0 draw with Boston in the play-off first leg. Thought Chorley were quite fortunate to get through the game with a 0-0 after Boston missed several wonderful opportunities to take the lead.

They then went away and recovered from being 2-0 down to get it back to 2-2 then won on penalties.

I'll probably go on this Saturday for the final against Guiseley.

I went to Chorley last week for the 0-0 draw with Boston in the play-off first leg. Thought Chorley were quite fortunate to get through the game with a 0-0 after Boston missed several wonderful opportunities to take the lead.

They then went away and recovered from being 2-0 down to get it back to 2-2 then won on penalties.

I'll probably go on this Saturday for the final against Guiseley.

Yes they lived a charmed life in the first leg against Boston. Their centre back, number 6, was just a beast. Not a single thing got past him all night.

Hope they do it on Saturday. Will be quite an impressive journey from a few years ago when they were just stuck in mid table in Northern Division One.

• 1 month later...

Archived