BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

His linesman had to inform him that the GK being caught in possession then taking out the striker is a penalty.

Thought it was weird that the linesman didn't, as far as I could tell, make that decision until the ref came over to ask him.

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

That's one of the weirdest penalty decisions I've ever seen, thought Leonard was getting sent off 😳 

Nah look closely at the replay, keeper's arms suddenly swing up towards Leonard's face.

Bit of a scuffle now.

Anybody more educated than on these things than me know what the cost would be to stream our home youth games live on YouTube. The club regularly release clips so I assume the camera set up is already there. Surely it can't cost much?

I'm really enjoying watching. I only usually read about players in our youth set up and see the odd highlight here and there. It'd be a great little additional offering by the club. 

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Anybody more educated than on these things than me know what the cost would be to stream our home youth games live on YouTube. The club regularly release clips so I assume the camera set up is already there. Surely it can't cost much?

I'm really enjoying watching. I only usually read about players in our youth set up and see the odd highlight here and there. It'd be a great little additional offering by the club. 

A good idea, the problem being that the Rovers would have to organise it, need I say anymore.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

If it costs the club anything at all (and perhaps if it doesn't), you can bet Waggott would want to monetise it. Especially since it could stop fans coming on the night and paying a couple of quid or whatever it is. Though tbf, it being a perk of Rovers TV would be better than it not being shown at all.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If it costs the club anything at all (and perhaps if it doesn't), you can bet Waggott would want to monetise it. Especially since it could stop fans coming on the night and paying a couple of quid or whatever it is. Though tbf, it being a perk of Rovers TV would be better than it not being shown at all.

Lancs FA charge a fiver for entrance at Leyland, season ticket holders get in for free.

I don't recall seeing Lenni Cirino on a team sheet for some time. I presume he's injured, along with Sam Burns, who seems to have not played much. Also no Saadi, Gilsenan or Eastham today.

Cirino had shown a lot of promise but it seems he's never recovered from injuries last season.

Edited by riverholmes

3-1 down now. Not been as good this half so far (other than maybe in the 5 mins the stream went down), creating nothing and more easily exposed at the back. Intensity has dipped a bit too.

Commentator saying it may be Pike that put it in his own net in the end.

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

I don't recall seeing Lenni Cirino on a team sheet for some time. I presume he's injured, along with Sam Burns, who seems to have not played much. Also no Saadi or Eastham today.

Cirino had shown a lot of promise but it seems he's never recovered from injuries last season.

Yeh I mean to post before the game saying it seemed an unfamiliar, young lineup, and where was Burns, Saadi, Gilsenan...like you say, Cirino and Eastham too. Not sure how many are just injured.

Eastham not playing is no surprise as the U21s have bizarre goalkeeper rotation policy in which a keeper rarely plays three consecutive games before dropping out completely. It makes little sense to me because exposure is one thing but continuity and building confidence through sustained games is a completely different matter.

Edited by riverholmes

Just now, rigger said:

Dowling in goal doesn't look too clever.

At least his positioning was better on the free kick this time. But yeh he doesn't look anything special. Think maybe he should be the one who sticks around playing for the U21s whilst we find loans for the others...

7 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I don't recall seeing Lenni Cirino on a team sheet for some time. I presume he's injured, along with Sam Burns, who seems to have not played much. Also no Saadi, Gilsenan or Eastham today.

I was told Cirino is out for the season. Taking Leonard off is a strange decision unless he is injured. If he is on the bench tomorrow why risk him by playing him tonight, have him travel nigh on 600 miles and then get home in the early hours. It's not ideal preparation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I switched off when the stream went down, but aren't all of our (more senior) Academy GKs a bit crap?

Eastham is another good shot stopper, with great distribution. It's a shame he is a little short, and can be suspect under highballs into the box.

• Like 1