BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WHERE TO FROM HERE?

TBTF

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My observations are based on experience, unlike most outside Venky observers.

But even if you don't know much about Newcastle, you'd base any observation on 50k each week, finished 5th a few seasons back, can't get away match tickets, health balance sheet.

Are things really that bad?

50k for the ressies too??? proper fans them geordie boys eh?

tbh NUFC fans cause (just like Lpool & MU fans) are receiving lots of support in the press and media whilst we just got @#/? from all sides when we opposed the situation at the club.

• Backroom

Where to from here?

For me and many apathy, expect season ticket sales will drop as more get turned off by the whole thing, I'm undecided on whether I'll go or not, my son starts school in September, weekends will be more precious. Always thought I would be taking him with me but as it stands I feel there's better use of our time.

The football is bland beyond belief yet doesn't have to be the likes of Brentford showed us how to do it, the atmosphere non existent, the manager is what he is - we've had worse, we've had better, we just seem to exist in a state of nothingness.

Maybe that's better than the alternatives and I hope beyond hope this club continues to be for a long long time but a year or two sabbatical isn't off the table for me right now.

Good idea Tom...... Lets everyone do it eh? Reading this board lately tells me that this town no longer appears to either want or need a professional football team. So why not just stop trying to flog a dead horse, bin it off and lets all pick a big 4 Prem team to follow on the telly. If any kids grow up to regret the actions of their parents then it's just tough isn't it?

• Backroom

Good idea Tom...... Lets everyone do it eh? Reading this board lately tells me that this town no longer appears to either want or need a professional football team. So why not just stop trying to flog a dead horse, bin it off and lets all pick a big 4 Prem team to follow on the telly. If any kids grow up to regret the actions of their parents then it's just tough isn't it?

Do as you please sir. I'm still undecided one way or another.

Jim - if only there was half a brain that would entertain the idea above!

Do as you please sir. I'm still undecided one way or another.

Jim - if only there was half a brain that would entertain the idea above!

"Gaffer"

"Yes Shorty"

" just seen the league table and mathematically we can't go up now!"

" quick , note to India

Dear Madwoman ,Barry and Confused Brother,

With only 4 games to go until the mid season break( we start the second half in August) I am sure you will be delighted that my promise of promotion this season is still on.We are only 14 points behind now ; the teams above us are not better than us it's just a crazy league.But the value of our squad is fantastic, Marshy, Easty, Baps, Browny , Killa have all been magnificent and the spirit of these lads is phenomenal.We have managed to get some of the young boys into the squad and that Academy you wanted might not have happened in Pune but it's fantastic at Brockhall. The way those lads travel into work is first class and you shouldn't judge them on how many have come through .but the facilities are fabulous, magnificent in fact.

So in the second half of the season we will be having a right good go.Dont worry about Browny , don't judge him on his scoring record the lads all love him for his work rate and they don't mind a striker who can't score.These other clubs are spending a lot of money but that's not the way we do things and the embargo is no problem, we still believe in what we are building and every year we have improved since we came in.

So I will pop over and see you so I can fawn all over you after the Ipswich game and then we can look forward to promotion next May.The fans are with us and starting to believe again, just look at the crowd at the Liverpool game.It will be like that every week when I get us promoted. So see you in a few weeks""

Your trusty and loving servant, Gary

So, for all the things against us at the moment, there's one move more than any other, that would help to turn us around. Appoint an experienced CEO and make the manager responsible to him. that would be best for the owners, best for the club and would focus the entire club on putting results to the fore. It would possibly, also give the fans some sense that progress is possible.

100% agree with this part and if the fans should direct their anger anywhere, it's upwards. The club needs one person with the ultimate say who has a want for the to club to improve besides for financial gain.

Said it before, said it again- if Venkys hire JW it will more or less solve 50% of the problems and buy time from the fans. Even if it's just for someone of his ilk to offer consultancy and endorsement.

How anyone can still think letting them change manager again is a long term solution is beyond me. We STILL do not know there full intentions for the club due to a fog of lies and mistakes.

100% agree with this part and if the fans should direct their anger anywhere, it's upwards. The club needs one person with the ultimate say who has a want for the to club to improve besides for financial gain.

Said it before, said it again- if Venkys hire JW it will more or less solve 50% of the problems and buy time from the fans. Even if it's just for someone of his ilk to offer consultancy and endorsement.

How anyone can still think letting them change manager again is a long term solution is beyond me. We STILL do not know there full intentions for the club due to a fog of lies and mistakes.

Sorry JB, I've just moved my post to the Bowyer thread. Apologies.

Problem is, rovers are not currently operating like a professional football team and nobody has a clue how to change that. I couldn't care less what division we play in if we are properly run and managed from top to bottom. A properly run club listens to it's fans and , whilst it can't and doesn't always do what they ask, it takes their views into account in enough areas to make the fans feel valued. I don't want a tv team to follow; I've never followed a big team, even as a kid when most of my generation loved Leeds Utd, but until the last few years I've always followed a properly run club.

Archived