BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WHERE TO FROM HERE?

TBTF

Quite the opposite in my case. In 2011 I protested and I urged others to join the protest, I boycotted and urged others to boycott. Now I am ridiculed for doing so by people who ridiculed me at the time. What goes on between their ears?

BRFC to me now is like a wife that left for another bloke and then came home. It'll never be the same but it's all we have and we can either walk away or accept it the way it is.

But you'll never trust them ever again.

Who's ridiculing you, by the way?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite the opposite in my case. In 2011 I protested and I urged others to join the protest, I boycotted and urged others to boycott. Now I am ridiculed for doing so by people who ridiculed me at the time. What goes on between their ears?

BRFC to me now is like a wife that left for another bloke and then came home. It'll never be the same but it's all we have and we can either walk away or accept it the way it is.

I also protested. Didn't boycott, although from my group I was in favour of so doing. Felt ashamed at what I'd personally been brought down to doing, but was passionate enough to care and knowledgeable enough to want us to avoid financial meltdown. I'm proud I tried, however futile. A lot of very angry people, many who distrusted the owners motives and abilities from the word go.

The wife's back? Thats no more golf for you ;)

Too many golf jokes? Your over there theno behind that tree....Rovers are 2-0 down at home to Peterboro. 12 minutes gone.

But in that scenario you can at least carry on with a small crumb of comfort by giving the other bloke a hiding. In other words you can get even with one of the culprits. Not in our case sadly.....yet !

Too many golf jokes? Your over there theno behind that tree....Rovers are 2-0 down at home to Peterboro. 12 minutes gone.

I used to have a couple of golfing jokes but I got a hole in one.

Oh. I misunderstood then. I thought he meant be people who didn't protest along with him last time out.

Newcastle fans are organising a boycott of their next home game on Sunday, against the way Ashley is running their club. They organised a walkout last game of last season too by the way.

I suggest the MB optimists write to them telling them no-one should drive them away from their club and that they should "get behind the team" and that they are not real supporters.

I look forward to the replies.

It's a messageboard, don't take to seriously, most people are on the wind up, you should know that by now.

As for your wife sodding off, you're probably better off without her. Just think you can go to Birmingham tonight without even a second thought, how goods that.......

Newcastle fans are organising a boycott of their next home game on Sunday, against the way Ashley is running their club. They organised a walkout last game of last season too by the way.

I suggest the MB optimists write to them telling them no-one should drive them away from their club and that they should "get behind the team" and that they are not real supporters.

we should all join the same board and give it em hahahaha

As an outsider looking in their doesn't seem that much wrong at Newcastle. Yes they've got ideas above their station and that's always going to be a problem for any owners, but they're safe this season, will probably get Dyche in the summer, what's to complain about?

• Moderation Lead

Bet their fans don't get stitched up by the media though eh? Re the bit in bold, a bit provocative, no?

Bet their fans don't get stitched up by the media though eh? Re the bit in bold, a bit provocative, no?

Oh dear!

As an outsider looking in their doesn't seem that much wrong at Newcastle. Yes they've got ideas above their station and that's always going to be a problem for any owners, but they're safe this season, will probably get Dyche in the summer, what's to complain about?

They have lost their last 4(or is it 5 games?) and could still be relegated.

Just the golf stuff which is getting tedious despite me never playing on Saturdays. This might illustrate the background reasoning. ^_^

Rather ironic that Corbett was a keen golfer. :)

FFS! Read the first line!

btw Just reminded me gav........ you are rather short aren't you? I'm sure you know your place. :P

Its a lovely morning, 18 holes around Pleasy will do you the world of good. Maybe one day we'll have 18 holes together and I'll wipe the floor with you.

Yes I'm vertically challenged, I'll never make a goalkeeper, but I've the heart of a lion, think Paul Dickov or David Speedie :lol:

That's the problem though Gav, as outsiders looking in, that's just what fans of other clubs/media said about us, and some still are.

Ashley doesn't give a bugger about the fans, in fact he treats them just like he treats his workers in his other businesses, zero hours contracts abound

I believe.

Got to laugh. Isn't this the exact attitude by 'outsiders' that get people so angry when the media talk about Venkys?? When you don't know all the facts it never seems quite so bad.

My observations are based on experience, unlike most outside Venky observers.

But even if you don't know much about Newcastle, you'd base any observation on 50k each week, finished 5th a few seasons back, can't get away match tickets, health balance sheet.

Are things really that bad?

Perhaps you could provide the attendance numbers and links to newspaper headlines generated by their actions to show us how such a plan works?

My observations are based on experience, unlike most outside Venky observers.

But even if you don't know much about Newcastle, you'd base any observation on 50k each week, finished 5th a few seasons back, can't get away match tickets, health balance sheet.

Are things really that bad?

I think I'd tend to believe the Newcastle fans version of what's going on, they will know their club best and they are the only ones affected

by Ashley's style of ownership.

I think I'd tend to believe the Newcastle fans version of what's going on, they will know their club best and they are the only ones affected

by Ashley's style of ownership.

What is the Newcastle fans version?

We need a new manager, that's the end of it. Forget Venkys, Shaw etc., they aren't moving, end of story! Hiring a new manager is something that's possible though, with fan involvement. As bad as the club is, it still holds the fans' forum. We should be focusing all our efforts on ensuring that when Bowyer leaves, those who attend the meetings pass on the managerial recommendations of this board/ wider fan base.

We need a new manager, that's the end of it. Forget Venkys, Shaw etc., they aren't moving, end of story! Hiring a new manager is something that's possible though, with fan involvement. As bad as the club is, it still holds the fans' forum. We should be focusing all our efforts on ensuring that when Bowyer leaves, those who attend the meetings pass on the managerial recommendations of this board/ wider fan base.

haha, yeah good plan. the brains trust on here couldn't pick their nose.

Archived