BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WHERE TO FROM HERE?

TBTF

The long awaited replay v Liverpool may well have been a blessing given that mid table obscurity has been pretty much a given for some considerable time for those who aren't deluded or those who don't subscribe to the total nonsense spouted by manager and players alike about mathematical possibilities etc etc.It is quite possible the natives may have got quite restless and the atmosphere at recent home games could probably have been somewhere between ugly and non existent such is the apathy. The delayed Liverpool game may have prevented that to a large extent.

However in the cold light of day we now have a series of completely meaningless games and whilst the spin coming out of the Club talks of putting us ''on the map'' and positivity amongst the fans personally I am not feeling it .

The short term future appears to offer :

-the sale of some of our better players

-further significant losses and a continuation of the transfer embargo

-minimal room for manoeuvre in the transfer market from which to improve our squad

-a half arsed attempt at a ST sales promotion

-talk of this next season being time for our squad to achieve

-more of the same from the manager both tactically and verbally

-more of the same boardroom inactivity

I have never felt so apathetic and lacking in any kind of enthusiasm for donkeys years and after being an ST holder for aeons this Summer is going to provide a massive test for me in terms of renewing. There is absolutely zero to hang on to and I am now genuinely down to thinking I should go purely because that's what it says on my birth certificate and I would be breaking generations of family ties if I didn't go.

What is the tipping point for fans ? carry on going and nothing changes, stop going does it force an owners rethink? Where does it all end??

It has been debated ad nauseum on this MB but can anybody constructively put anything forward at this point of watershed? At my wits end with it and suspect I'm not alone but we wont get any help in the form of clarity from the Club and I simply cant read any more claptrap from the apologist rubbish that is the LT these days.

I think the Millwall home game next week might be the last chance for fans to boycott and make a statement with a hideous headline grabbing crowd of 2000 otherwise I feel we might have to endure some Summer spin about'' we think we have won fans back'' because of the Liverpool game.

perhaps its just me becoming bitter and twisted and I just need a time out!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you've captured the mood of many supporters TBTF, good post.

In my opinion the fans either need to start protesting against the owners or boycott, 2 simple choices for me.

We can't continue like we are, the debt is increasing and after this summer I firmly believe we'll be closer to league 1 than the Premiership.

But for many fans they seem happy to roll up and leave the future of the club in the lap of the Gods. I lost all faith in my fellow supporters during ****s time here.

Good post. TBTF.

I don't think there is a tipping point as such, just a steady malaise to accompany the general apathy. I wonder where we would have been if we hadn't had the cup run this season. That really covered a lot of ills in terms of excitement or interest.

The next phase will be a big one. It will either be relegation or administration. Although I can well see another drop off in season ticket sales.

There is nothing to get excited about at Rovers. There can be no marquee signing, no former top flight star coming to our club. Thanks to the manager's strategy there is no up and coming talent from the youth ranks to get excited about and little chance of a PL youngster coming on loan to us. There is also little to no chance of a proper manager arriving any time soon.

Our best goal scoring talent since Santa Cruz is wanted out by many and may well leave. Our other actual striker worth the name is a wantaway who will probably get away. We have several players out of contract in the Summer who we can't really afford to keep.

Just to put the tin hat on the misery the next generation of potential fans coming to the club will have 'Burnley' on their birth certificate.

Someone needs to put up a post with something tangible that we can cling to as some kind of positive to look forward to. Anyone??

Good post. TBTF.

I don't think there is a tipping point as such, just a steady malaise to accompany the general apathy. I wonder where we would have been if we hadn't had the cup run this season. That really covered a lot of ills in terms of excitement or interest.

The next phase will be a big one. It will either be relegation or administration. Although I can well see another drop off in season ticket sales.

There is nothing to get excited about at Rovers. There can be no marquee signing, no former top flight star coming to our club. Thanks to the manager's strategy there is no up and coming talent from the youth ranks to get excited about and little chance of a PL youngster coming on loan to us. There is also little to no chance of a proper manager arriving any time soon.

Our best goal scoring talent since Santa Cruz is wanted out by many and may well leave. Our other actual striker worth the name is a wantaway who will probably get away. We have several players out of contract in the Summer who we can't really afford to keep.

Just to put the tin hat on the misery the next generation of potential fans coming to the club will have 'Burnley' on their birth certificate.

Someone needs to put up a post with something tangible that we can cling to as some kind of positive to look forward to. Anyone??

And that last sentence says it all Stu-- aint that the Club's job????!!!!

more hand-wringing. Either arrange a protest, find some money and buy the club, stop going and stop going on about stopping going or accept that the life of any football club will have many ups and downs. These are the choices.

Like JBIzzle says there is a cup final tomorrow night at Ewood.

more hand-wringing. Either arrange a protest, find some money and buy the club, stop going and stop going on about stopping going or accept that the life of any football club will have many ups and downs. These are the choices.

It might have been different if more had protested when we were in the Premier League, but most people didn't bother to attend. Seemingly the same people that now say that we need to accept Venkys and being at this lower level.

What's wrong with the expiation of some pent-up frustration and anger?

I'd rather people got it off their chests. If you getting the hump is the price to be paid for that, I'm all for it.

People are wound up, big time. Perhaps you should stop going on about people going on about not going?

Imagine your missus has been cooking top quality cuisine for years. In a bizarre gardening accident, she cracks her head and turns into a nutbar. Instead of bringing you the finest entrecote known to man with garlic butter and a nice red while dressed in a skimpy bikini, she brings you burned fish fingers, super noodles and a cuppa made from one of those cheapo tea bags that taste of fish, whilst dressed as Waynetta Slob, complete with dangling fag.

Now, are you going to lap that up regardless, or are you going to have a whinge?

As far as where we go from here, I think it can only get worse from here on in. I'm doubtful of the transfer lumbago being lifted before August next year, let alone this year. Same manager, weaker squad = lower position in the table. Our fish fingers are about to be exchanged from crab sticks.

I'd rather people got it off their chests. If you getting the hump is the price to be paid for that, I'm all for it.

People are wound up, big time. Perhaps you should stop going on about people going on about not going?

Imagine your missus has been cooking top quality cuisine for years. In a bizarre gardening accident, she cracks her head and turns into a nutbar. Instead of bringing you the finest entrecote known to man with garlic butter and a nice red while dressed in a skimpy bikini, she brings you burned fish fingers, super noodles and a cuppa made from one of those cheapo tea bags that taste of fish, whilst dressed as Waynetta Slob, complete with dangling fag.

Now, are you going to lap that up regardless, or are you going to have a whinge?

As far as where we go from here, I think it can only get worse from here on in. I'm doubtful of the transfer lumbago being lifted before August next year, let alone this year. Same manager, weaker squad = lower position in the table. Our fish fingers are about to be exchanged from crab sticks.

Are you hungry?

You could see what I was trying to do there.

I'll take the positives from that chocolate-covered wafer confection, and kick on from here. The sweetshop owner can see what I'm trying ot do here, I'm putting a process in place. I've had a little taste of it now.

I agree, it's been pent up for far too long. I've seen at least three threads this year that don't even mention the owners, Bowyer, Shelfie etc. At least now there is a thread for people to get it off their chests, which will dissipate the anger.

It might have been different if more had protested when we were in the Premier League, but most people didn't bother to attend. Seemingly the same people that now say that we need to accept Venkys and being at this lower level.

Quite the opposite in my case. In 2011 I protested and I urged others to join the protest, I boycotted and urged others to boycott. Now I am ridiculed for doing so by people who ridiculed me at the time. What goes on between their ears?

BRFC to me now is like a wife that left for another bloke and then came home. It'll never be the same but it's all we have and we can either walk away or accept it the way it is.

Quite the opposite in my case. In 2011 I protested and I urged others to join the protest, I boycotted and urged others to boycott. Now I am ridiculed for doing so by people who ridiculed me at the time. What goes on between their ears?

BRFC to me now is like a wife that left for another bloke and then came home. It'll never be the same but it's all we have and we can either walk away or accept it the way it is.

More like a kidnapping

Archived