BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Former Rovers Star In Court Over Pub Dog Incident

The clear victim is the little girl, the clear cause is the parents drinking inside the pub rather than supervising their children.

The dog in my opinion, given the evidence, has bitten the child, but theres just no knowledge of if the child has provoked the dog.

Its plain to see even before this went to court that there is no provable evidence the dog did it, but provable evidence of neglect by the parents.

Does anyone know if this was a private prosecution or funded by the tax payer? as Id love to see the CPS justification for the case.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the judge didn't come to your conclusion at all

The statement was

"I do not find the matter proved"

I would hardly say that concurs with your conclusion

That surely is "obvious" to all.

See I really can do patronising

Now you're being pedantic as well as patronising, and concentrating on the fact that I used the word "obvious" to defend the indefensible, ie that this ridiculous case was brought to Court in the first place.

The ones facing prosecution should have been the parents if anything. It may be the dog bit the girl but if she was continually pestering it when it didn't want to know then eventually it's going to turn. No reasonable person (apart from chavvy parents with £££££ compo signs in their eyes) would regard a labrador as "dangerous' nor was it "out of control" as it was tied to a table.

In Blackburn, it's the dogs in and around the nightclubs you have to watch out for. Gnarly teeth, bad breath, matted hair, full of aggression and deseases. You can calm them with a bit of kebab meat and if you are very brave, give them a quick petting.

Nightclubs in Blackburn?

Now you're being pedantic as well as patronising, and concentrating on the fact that I used the word "obvious".

I plead guilty on all counts

However that is how the legal system works thankfully

Someone was injured

A dog could have caused those injuries

were those injuries caused by negligence of the defendant?

I hope the girl is ok, probably no villains in this but it does seem that both the parents and Gally have taken their eyes off the ball which I am sure we have all done on various occasions but not had such consequences

I think we are (most of us) supporting our own ex-player, which has nothing to do with the matter at all!

Its wrong to speculate about what the kid might have done or what her parents motives or actions signify.

I'm happy with a verdict that said, on the basis of the evidence, there was no proof the dog had bitten the girl.

The clear victim is the little girl, the clear cause is the parents drinking inside the pub rather than supervising their children.

The dog in my opinion, given the evidence, has bitten the child, but theres just no knowledge of if the child has provoked the dog.

Its plain to see even before this went to court that there is no provable evidence the dog did it, but provable evidence of neglect by the parents.

Does anyone know if this was a private prosecution or funded by the tax payer? as Id love to see the CPS justification for the case.

CPS prosecution

I think we are (most of us) supporting our own ex-player, which has nothing to do with the matter at all!

Its wrong to speculate about what the kid might have done or what her parents motives or actions signify.

I'm happy with a verdict that said, on the basis of the evidence, there was no proof the dog had bitten the girl.

Spot on 47er, but the girl had injuries, nobody else is being sought for the attack, that seems wrong to me.

• Backroom

Sounds like they don't put dogs down when they attack children now either.

There's no evidence the dog attacked the child though.

My only assumption of these injuries is that she banged her head from under the table and it dug in? Perhaps it was one of those wraught(sp?) iron tables you often get in beer gardens that are often quite rough underneath?

• Backroom

Spot on 47er, but the girl had injuries, nobody else is being sought for the attack, that seems wrong to me.

What 'attack'? A girl seems to have pulled a dogs tail, it yelped and she has banged her head or something.

An accident.

What 'attack'? A girl seems to have pulled a dogs tail, it yelped and she has banged her head or something.

An accident.

"She banged her head or something" :(

Or

"The dog bit her on the face and head"

We'll never know Mike, but I'd wager she was bitten, you don't get injuries to your face and head getting out from under a table, thats just insulting peoples intelligence.

Sounds like they don't put dogs down when they attack children now either.

If that's the criteria that you are setting in your odd mission to render dogs extinct then maybe if they sanctioned that there'd be a good case for doing the same to paedos and child molesters. Don't know about you gav but I'd much rather have a nip from a dog than be buggered by some sickie. Maybe even parents who are exceptionally cruel to their kids? Oh and school bullies too! Vets would make a killing in more ways than one!

She'll heal and she'll have learned a valuable lesson that dogs can bite if they feel threatened. All kids should be taught that by any caring parents anyway. My Dad drummed it into us many times when we were kids never to put our faces near a strange dog.

Or

We'll never know Mike, but I'd wager she was bitten, you don't get injuries to your face and head getting out from under a table, thats just insulting peoples intelligence.

Gav the case has been to court and a judgement has been made. Somehow with no evidence or background knowledge whatsoever you are insisting that the decision of the court was wrong. You are flogging a dead horse on a silly agenda.

Or

you do if youve been startled by the dog making a noise and jumped up suddenly,

Also remember the dog is reported to have been heard yelping not barking, dogs only yelp when they are hurt, scared(or in my dogs case when shes attention seeking cos she wants taking out for a wee :) )

• Backroom

If that's the criteria that you are setting in your odd mission to render dogs extinct then maybe if they sanctioned that there'd be a good case for doing the same to paedos and child molesters. Don't know about you gav but I'd much rather have a nip from a dog than be buggered by some sickie. Maybe even parents who are exceptionally cruel to their kids? Oh and school bullies too! Vets would make a killing in more ways than one!

Being a vet must be depressing. You train for years because you want to care for animals, but you spend half your time killing them :/

Vets are paid to keep animals alive thats there primary objective(and what keeps them in buisness) they dont make much(if any) profit from putting a pet to sleep but they can make thousands per pet for keeping them alive, most reasonable dog/cat owners have there pets well insured these days so theyll do as much as they can to get the pet well before deciding to have it put to sleep as the insurances company foots the bill.

Gav the case has been to court and a judgement has been made. Somehow with no evidence or background knowledge whatsoever you are insisting that the decision of the court was wrong. You are flogging a dead horse on a silly agenda.

You're wading into a conversation half way through as usual with some half baked logic, try reading the thread for once not just the last page.

How did the child get her injuries? that seems to have been lost on this thread in support of an ex Rover and his dog. The parents probably saw ££££, but that doesn't take away from the fact a child was hospitalised with head and facial injuries.

Archived