BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

Not correct. Cairney only started 1 of the last 8.

He had been dropped by Bowyer so we can't start using him as an excuse for Bowyers inadequacies now.

The point is the squads weaker.

Marshall's form has also dropped off a cliff, possibly linked to the speculation of him leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The point is the squads weaker.

Marshall's form has also dropped off a cliff, possibly linked to the speculation of him leaving.

I'd say it's probably more due to him being played in a different position practically every game this season.

The squad is weaker (even though King and Dunn were grossly underused anyway.) which is a worry later in the season as injuries and suspensions hit us.

However last night we could field practically all bar Gestede of the team that went 7 games unbeaten at the end of last season. A team that didn't feature Jay Lowe may I add. We shouldn't be playing and performing as bad as we are doing. Blaming the summer transfer dealings is just making excuses for a manager that clearly ain't up to the job.

The squad is weaker (even though King and Dunn were grossly underused anyway.) which is a worry later in the season as injuries and suspensions hit us.

However last night we could field practically all bar Gestede of the team that went 7 games unbeaten at the end of last season. A team that didn't feature Jay Lowe may I add. We shouldn't be playing and performing as bad as we are doing. Blaming the summer transfer dealings is just making excuses for a manager that clearly ain't up to the job.

Sorry Neal you're still not reading or understanding what I am saying.

I am a Blackburn Rovers supporter since 1955 so your snide comment is not welcome.

I am a supporter which in my book means supporting through good times and bad; these are the bad times of that there is no doubt.

I am unable to do anything about the managers position as I am not qualified to pass judgement as I have never been a manager.

Just as I would never accept any comment on my teaching ability from people who have never stood in front of a class.

I don't have "blind faith" in Bowyer as you suggest; the owners will determine his future not the ramblings of keyboard warriors.

I am a Blackburn Rovers supporter since 1955 so your snide comment is not welcome.

I am a supporter which in my book means supporting through good times and bad; these are the bad times of that there is no doubt.

I am unable to do anything about the managers position as I am not qualified to pass judgement as I have never been a manager.

Just as I would never accept any comment on my teaching ability from people who have never stood in front of a class.

I don't have "blind faith" in Bowyer as you suggest; the owners will determine his future not the ramblings of keyboard warriors.

Excellent post tony which reflects my views. Perhaps we are out of date but, like you, I believe you stick with it through good and bad.

• Backroom

The logical extension of this mindset is that nobody could ever talk about or discuss anything they had never personally done. You can see why this would become a problem.

The manager carries the can. Always has been the case and I imagine always will be. Bowyer is no exception, though there are many who are trying to make him so.

A new variation on blaming the supporters

I think you might have to eat your words. I see good balance and ability in him plus a decent work ethic. On a couple of occasions last night he simply made the wrong decision to shoot when he should have passed.

I understand they saw lots of potential in him at Villa but his temperament was a problem. Whether he's calmed down by now I don't know.

Really? Just think Kean>>>Berg>>>Appleton.

I would be really happy to eat my words. After all I'm a Rovers fan!

So we'll basically be back to where we were before Bowyer took over, except under an embargo this time. Great.

Except we now accept that staying in this Division is an achievement.

I understood perfectly. You said i'm always negative with my posts so I posted a BALANCED response where the negatives outweigh the positives which you a have not debated. I couldn't care less how long you've been supporting Rovers, I've been supporting them for 25 years but who cares? Shall we get our todgers out and measure up?

Your original post had no point, just an expression of acceptance to our current plight. I fully expected Parson to be in agreement with you because it's been the most on the fence post we've had in recent days. A BALANCED post should be when you're willing to put your neck on the line and post both positives and negative opinions... Not on the fence, state the obvious etc etc... That's what we expect from the LET.

A new variation on blaming the supporters

Or going for the award of most 'stating the obvious' post.

Excellent post tony which reflects my views. Perhaps we are out of date but, like you, I believe you stick with it through good and bad.

Parson, your sense of superiority on here is wearing thin fella. Just because I want a change in manager doesn't mean I don't support my club or my team, I was there Friday night kicking every ball, have a word with yourself.

I understood perfectly. You said i'm always negative with my posts so I posted a BALANCED response where the negatives outweigh the positives which you a have not debated. I couldn't care less how long you've been supporting Rovers, I've been supporting them for 25 years but who cares? Shall we get our todgers out and measure up?

Your original post had no point, just an expression of acceptance to our current plight. I fully expected Parson to be in agreement with you because it's been the most on the fence post we've had in recent days. A BALANCED post should be when you're willing to put your neck on the line and post both positives and negative opinions... Not on the fence, state the obvious etc etc... That's what we expect from the LET.

Or going for the award of most 'stating the obvious' post.

Parson, your sense of superiority on here is wearing thin fella. Just because I want a change in manager doesn't mean I don't support my club or my team, I was there Friday night kicking every ball, have a word with yourself.

Once again, the only view you seem to respect is your own. Tony made very valid points in which you completely ignored. It's pointless trying to have a discussion so lets not bother.

Once again, the only view you seem to respect is your own. Tony made very valid points in which you completely ignored. It's pointless trying to have a discussion so lets not bother.

I ignored? I responded with to that with a balanced post which was ignored by both of you. I find it disrespectful to suggest that fans with views like myself don't support the club through "bad times" and quite frankly if that's your opinion then you're not worth a discussion, so as you say... Let's not bother.

So disappointed with your conduct, Parson.

And for what purpose?

You've backed a lame duck , god awful manager.

The fact that you thought he was a friendly and trustworthy duck, means you've backed yourself into a corner.

Now, You would rather bash the car off every wall, to get out of the corner, than admit we're doomed under him.

So disappointed with your conduct, Parson.

And for what purpose?

You've backed a lame duck , god awful manager.

The fact that you thought he was a friendly and trustworthy duck, means you've backed yourself into a corner.

Now, You would rather bash the car off every wall, to get out of the corner, than admit we're doomed under him.

At the end of the day every manager usually bites the dust at some point and Bowyer will be no different. Personally, I believe he has done a good job in the previous two seasons and so am prepared to give him longer than five matches this campaign before passing judgement. If, by the end of October, we are in the bottom three and in danger of being cut adrift then clearly things will be different but I've never been a fan of sacking managers in August. If you sack them in August it begs the question of why the change wasn't made in the summer and why give that manager the window to bring in players who a new manager might not fancy but is unable to change until January.

We're currently lying 4th from the bottom, in dire need of quality throughout the squad, and we have a striker who boro were willing to pay c£12m for - when in reality he's worth nothing like that. What a ridiculous situation we've got ourselves into.

Reliably informed last Wednesday at the BFC/BRFC golf day by that it was 10m plus 4m possible add ons. Unfair to judge on one performance of course but it's still a lot of money given his showing on Friday night. The ex player who disclosed that also agrees with me (and just about every other Manager in the land) that JR doesn't possess Premier League quality.

btw GB is criticised very unfairly and unfortunately frequently on a personal basis too. His defenders frequently cite him being saddled with expensive dollopers, having to reduce the bill, outside interference, embargo etc but has anybody ever thought that he has to play a striker that he doesn't really want? Put another way would he be running a club under a crippling embargo if he had been allowed to sell Rhodes to Hull last season?

Indeed it is Gordon, albeit Rhodes had been restricted to two and a bit games due to injury.

I'm not sure I'd be relying on stats to back up my argument though, a quick search on Wiki indicates ND has only scored 16 goals in his entire career since 2008. Last season he registered 3 times in 38 appearances for Blackpool. I'd expect a similar ratio from him this season if we're unfortunate enough to witness him lumbering about that many times.

Let's see who's scored what come the end of the season eh?

You may well be right as JR is a predator in front of goal and Delf has little previous BUT lumbering? How the hell do you describe JR's attempts to move himself across the pitch? :lol:

At the end of the day every manager usually bites the dust at some point and Bowyer will be no different. Personally, I believe he has done a good job in the previous two seasons and so am prepared to give him longer than five matches this campaign before passing judgement. If, by the end of October, we are in the bottom three and in danger of being cut adrift then clearly things will be different but I've never been a fan of sacking managers in August. If you sack them in August it begs the question of why the change wasn't made in the summer and why give that manager the window to bring in players who a new manager might not fancy but is unable to change until January.

The change should have been made in the summer. That's the whole point!

NOT ANOTHER ROOKIE REV!!!

Difficult to blanket cover everybody. The best BRFC manager in my (considerable :( ) lifetime Mark Hughes was a rookie once ..... as was Mourhino, Wenger, Ferguson, Shanks, Clough etc etc. Everybody has to start somewhere.

By that reasoning, we should've kept Kean?

and what is it over the past 3 seasons?

Rather an unecessary post Abbey given the smiley I put after my statement. :rolleyes: Anyway what's up with you? You jump to Rhodes's defence as a broody hen protects her chicks. Is it proper man love or are you related? I find it odd given the merciless sh1t that you direct at GB, Thindians, Shaw, Lowe.... chaddy etc etc.

73/6 I think.

Career wise 155/16. But hey we'd be better off with Delfy and Browny in Gordon's world.

Irrefutable stats of course but would you be happy for us to stump up 14m... in fact a sum in excess of our annual income on JR again? Give me a figure that you would value him at. Anybody can join in.

We've played 5 games, and your third sentence shows exactly why we needed a better manager. Bowyer couldn't get a consistent performance out of a decent squad, so as you say, it was only going one way once the squad became weaker. Bowyer had two shots at getting us up with a good Championship squad and blew it. Now some are essentially advocating allowing him to take us into a relegation battle!

:wacko::rock::lol:

I must have told you a million times to stop exaggerating.

Never believed we have had a squad to go back up since we came down, but that's just my opinion.

We bought 8 Portuguese players for god's sake. Think people are forgetting what's happened at the club. Change the manager and all will not be rosy in the garden again.

We have more players in the squad that were relegated out this league than promoted out of it.

Quite right. Your post proves that clear and lucid thought on here is rare but not extinct. :tu:

• Backroom

:wacko::rock::lol:

I must have told you a million times to stop exaggerating.

Strange comment. Last season we had a decent goalkeeper in Steele, your two favourite players Lowe and Hanley playing fairly regularly, player of the season Marcus Olsson at left back, Baptiste at right back/centre who also had a pretty good season. We also had Cairney and Evans who had good seasons in the campaign before last, talented wing men in Conway and Marshall, and two strikers who were banging in over 40 goals between them over the course of the campaign. We also got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup, with the team beating two PL sides (albeit with some fortune).

You can keep making excuses for Bowyer, Theno, but very few are being taken in by your nonsense at this juncture. The squad was good enough to get to the playoffs over the past couple of seasons, and a better manager would have gotten them there. We've wasted two seasons on Gary Bowyer and as a result we are where we are now - still with this underachiever at the helm.

Yeah agree he is all over the shop. Developed a strange obsession with the cross field pass as well.

They all have.

More clear and logical thought unimpaired by irrational hatred..... you are still vastly outnumbered though guys.

By that reasoning, we should've kept Kean?

Goldfish memory. Do you ever pause to think before you hit 'post'? Kean took a mid table Prem team to a whisker of relegation and then completed the job the season after. All the while lining his and his chums pockets by dodgy dealing with suspect players.

Strange comment. Last season we had a decent goalkeeper in Steele, your two favourite players Lowe and Hanley playing fairly regularly, player of the season Marcus Olsson at left back, Baptiste at right back/centre who also had a pretty good season. We also had Cairney and Evans who had good seasons in the campaign before last, talented wing men in Conway and Marshall, and two strikers who were banging in over 40 goals between them over the course of the campaign. We also got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup, with the team beating two PL sides (albeit with some fortune).

You can keep making excuses for Bowyer, Theno, but very few are being taken in by your nonsense at this juncture. The squad was good enough to get to the playoffs over the past couple of seasons, and a better manager would have gotten them there. We've wasted two seasons on Gary Bowyer and as a result we are where we are now - still with this underachiever at the helm.

Strange comment? Nothing starnge about it. Not one of those players you mention save perhaps Rhodes and Getsede would have got within a country mile of the 2001 promotion squad... and that squad only squeaked up in 2nd place just in front of Sam's BWFC assembled with a fraction of the value in our squad . Why do I keep having to say this?

Archived