BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

Rovers v Bolton 28th August....just the sort of game that would normally get your juices going.

I just sat in the Royal Oak with two long term Bolton fans who live in Hoghton, one has a box at the Breezeblock. Neither is going to bother going on Friday. Sounds wee bit like Rovers fans!!

This is a 6 pointer for both clubs. Both will be afraid to lose, I wonder if either is brave enough to win.

I expect this game will be GB's most important game. A draw and he will survive, a defeat and he could well be out.

I have no time for GB as manager. However I cannot see to watch my team loses do no way would I wish a defeat to get rid of GB.

Big game, and lots at stake.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SECOND EDIT: All good feelings gone again. Only hope is for Bolton smash us on TV for all to see what a disgrace the entire management of this club is. Screw Bowyer and all the Venkys muppets who continue to employ this fool.

No good trying to predict this.

I shall be watching from behind the sofa, with my hands over my eyes.

I think if we're to get a point or 3, we need to score first, for once.

My natural pessimism says we'll concede early with a goal scored off someone's eyeball, Bowyer will make bizarre substitutions, Grant Hanley will eat his own weight in jelly babies at half time in a bathtub full of baked beans, a gypsy will ride onto the picth before the game and curse Gary Bowyer, frogs will fall from the sky and we'll lose 2-0

He'll still be in charge it seems so same old same old stuff. Another multi changed team will go behind but we'll scramble it back then nearly win it a few times in the last ten mins.

Rovers 1 Bolton 1

Barrow

13,330 (1,500 notlob )

10,500 in real terms.

Christ this is a big game, and we're not even in September. I can see us just grabbing the 3 points, based on the fact they never win at Ewood.

Does anyone else find it unbelievable how much debt they're in by the way? It takes some doing to lose similar amount to is, with our owners!

Christ this is a big game, and we're not even in September. I can see us just grabbing the 3 points, based on the fact they never win at Ewood.

Does anyone else find it unbelievable how much debt they're in by the way? It takes some doing to lose similar amount to is, with our owners!

I would say that five wins and two draws in their last 12 visits to Ewood is a pretty decent record.
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP
Wed 28 Nov 2012
Blackburn 1 - 2 Bolton
ENGLISH PREMIER
Tue 20 Dec 2011
Blackburn 1 - 2 Bolton
ENGLISH PREMIER
Wed 28 Jan 2009
Blackburn 2 - 2 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sun 22 Oct 2006
Blackburn 0 - 1 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sat 14 Jan 2006
Blackburn 0 - 0 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Mon 24 Jan 2005
Blackburn 0 - 1 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sat 10 Jan 2004
Blackburn 3 - 4 Bolton

• Backroom

Absolute whopper of a game and a must win one at that.

Bowyer like Kean before him has a tendency to pull out a win when the pressure really mounts up and Bolton are a woeful team so I'm thinking a first win and a comfy one at that.

Hopefully Rhodes will be back but there's some interesting choices to be made.

Absolute whopper of a game and a must win one at that.

Bowyer like Kean before him has a tendency to pull out a win when the pressure really mounts up and Bolton are a woeful team so I'm thinking a first win and a comfy one at that.

Hopefully Rhodes will be back but there's some interesting choices to be made.

But interestingly on neither Tuesday night nor yesterday which were also "must win" games imo given the appalling start we had made.

Maybe things will just suddenly gel. Back to back wins and it would be a case of "crisis what crisis?" We can't keep on saying that as the games continue to slip by though.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Lowe recovers from his illness.

Bit of a nebulous term, "illness". Covers a multitude of afflictions. I seem to recall that when a player's out ill, the actual illness is specified.

Would be strange for a player who prides himself on his fitness to fall sick with a bug or similar.

I would say that five wins and two draws in their last 12 visits to Ewood is a pretty decent record.
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP
Wed 28 Nov 2012
Blackburn 1 - 2 Bolton
ENGLISH PREMIER
Tue 20 Dec 2011
Blackburn 1 - 2 Bolton
ENGLISH PREMIER
Wed 28 Jan 2009
Blackburn 2 - 2 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sun 22 Oct 2006
Blackburn 0 - 1 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sat 14 Jan 2006
Blackburn 0 - 0 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Mon 24 Jan 2005
Blackburn 0 - 1 Bolton
PREMIERSHIP
Sat 10 Jan 2004
Blackburn 3 - 4 Bolton

Theirs ?? B)

Anyway they might sniff blood here as they've done on a number of occasions when we are struggling. Having said that there has never been a better time to get it together and get the season going than this game because they are basically crud. Play like we did in the first 30 v Wolves and we should be fine but concede early again and it might not be pleasant. However it's a tough derby game whatever the form and circumstance of both clubs. I'll stick with the draw.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Lowe recovers from his illness.

Bit of a nebulous term, "illness". Covers a multitude of afflictions. I seem to recall that when a player's out ill, the actual illness is specified.

Would be strange for a player who prides himself on his fitness to fall sick with a bug or similar.

GB said it was diarrhoea post match interview

We've not played that badly so due a win and Koita is due a goal or two, hopefully he should be 100% fit by friday

Archived