BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

My team for the game would be:-

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Barrow, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway; Delfouneso, Koita

Subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Lowe, Olsson, Marshall, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Going for 2 nil win with Koita and Rhodes scoring

My team too...

Unless Rhodes is on the pitch I have no confidence we will score any goals no matter how well we play. This is going to be our Achilles heel as predicted. We need one of the other strikers to start banging them in regularly.

I'd also bring Olsson back. We need his pace down the left. Spurr has a great throw and good set piece delivery but I just feel like he leaves us so exposed on the counter and offers little support to the left wing when attacking.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good win or a poor loss makes the decision on GB's future that bit easier but if I had to predict a likely outcome it'd be a fairly unsatisfactory performance and draw which leaves neither team completely stranded but at the same time doesn't offer much encouragement that things are going to get any better in the long term either.

I cant see this being a draw...

3 goals either against us or for us...

It's either going to come good for us and we start to score or we continue as we are and get beat easily by Bolton.

Hope its not the latter...

I work opposite their stadium and talk to plenty of their fans regularly.

They see the game as a local derby type game but so do we...

Excluding the Boro game they are apparently playing well but just unfortunate in front of goal, which is where we come in and help them out usually...

Would love a decent display from us and a convincing win to start the bank holiday weekend off...

Looking forward to it!

Agree with the sentiment Lewis but in my view 4-1-3-2 is basically 4-4-2 with one of the centre mids told to provide cover for the back 4 (which happens anyway in a 4-4-2). So, that said, would you be happy with a Guthrie Barrow CM partnership? I'm hopeful that Barrow can get established in the starting 11 due to his pace, but i think that needs to be out wide rather than expecting him to do a job in the middle in a 4-1-3-2 / 4-4-2.

I wouldn't want Barrow in a CM partnership, more of a role as an attacking midfielder behind the two strikers.

it is a rivalry and a decent one but some on their side dress it up as a main one whilst most Rovers fans only have eyes for Burnley. Shame for Bowton, If Chorley ever get up the leagues they might take em on :lol:

Honestly don't even think of it as rivalry... It's a derby but no rivalry for me. I don't look at any of their fixtures hoping they get beat, just another team in our league.

Honestly don't even think of it as rivalry... It's a derby but no rivalry for me. I don't look at any of their fixtures hoping they get beat, just another team in our league.

I agree for me there is only one rival. The rest Bolton, Preston, blackpool, Wigan, Oldham, Rochdale, the Manc clubs, etc are just local teams we play who because of local bragging rights and the fact come across supporters of these teams are more significant than say Luton who unless you live there you'll never come across a fan.

No one cares about Bolton, they turn up mouthing off thinking we give sh*t about them... Bloody embarrassing.

Zac Clough is a good player for them and could cause us problems.

I sat next to the dugout for this same fixture last season. Neil Lennon is the polar opposite to Bowyer and not in a good way... The way he spoke to his players was frankly disgusting. I mean they obviously needed a bit of an arse kicking but they were in the match till the last kick and listening to him you'd have thought they were 3-0 down! No wonder they're shot of confidence.

1-1

I dont usually comment on rivals sites but had to reply to this, who told you we give a toss about Blackburn? ive never heard a single Bolton fan say anything about you being main rivals its total @#/?, the truth is apart from wannabe rivals Wigan we don't really have one, we just hate every f***er, Blackburn away is a good drink(and thats mainly Darwen which houses lots of Bolton fans anyway) but that's it, and as for that newspaper poll Jesus Christ 3 blokes and a dog buy that paper and the 4 of them probably voted, I like to read comments any rival fan says about us it makes interesting reading seeing a non supporters comments but sorry to bust your bubble but you never get a mention in the stands at Bolton. oh and as for you and Burnley well lets be honest it aint exactly Celtic & Rangers is it

I dont usually comment on rivals sites but had to reply to this, who told you we give a toss about Blackburn? ive never heard a single Bolton fan say anything about you being main rivals its total @#/?, the truth is apart from wannabe rivals Wigan we don't really have one, we just hate every f***er, Blackburn away is a good drink(and thats mainly Darwen which houses lots of Bolton fans anyway) but that's it, and as for that newspaper poll Jesus Christ 3 blokes and a dog buy that paper and the 4 of them probably voted, I like to read comments any rival fan says about us it makes interesting reading seeing a non supporters comments but sorry to bust your bubble but you never get a mention in the stands at Bolton. oh and as for you and Burnley well lets be honest it aint exactly Celtic & Rangers is it

Farnworth the metropolitan dump of Manchester

Lived in Horwich all my life. Vast majority of my mates are Bolton fans, all but a couple of them really don't like us and would class us as your biggest rivals.

Hmm. None of you give a toss you say.

I love that the two posts prior to yours on wanderersways say"

"Many years I've hated blue and white"

and

"Many years I've hated Blackburn Rovers"

Add in the post from earlier on that thread of "always go to this game hate them with a passion" and your little "we don't care" post above looks a bit silly.

Even the next poster on your board then questions why, if you don't give a s***, did you bother to come on here! read our board then start posting.

Fella, coming off Ewood last season your lot we're singing song after song about hating Blackburn. Good to know the feeling of apathy is mutual though and as for that Celtic and Rangers comment... Who claimed it to be as big as that? We're 2 small Lancashire towns, although Blackburn v Burnley does tend to be one of the biggest police operations in british football which should tell you something. Also, if you "didn't give a toss" then don't set up an account on here to argue that point maybe... Hardly does anything for the questionable intelligence of Bolton Wanderers fans.

I wouldn't normally comment on a comment from a fan who normally doesn't comment but I'd just like to add that we've been not caring a lot longer and a lot harder about Bolton than they have about Rovers. I'd say we're at the "abject apathy" stage whereas Wandererers are probably stuck at "barely arsed". Tomorrow should be a big test to see who's not bothered the most, I'm going to give it a right good go and then let myself down by clapping should we get a corner or something.

• Backroom

I wouldn't normally comment on a comment from a fan who normally doesn't comment but I'd just like to add that we've been not caring a lot longer and a lot harder about Bolton than they have about Rovers. I'd say we're at the "abject apathy" stage whereas Wandererers are probably stuck at "barely arsed". Tomorrow should be a big test to see who's not bothered the most, I'm going to give it a right good go and then let myself down by clapping should we get a corner or something.

Don't be too ambitious Bob. A misplaced pass usually gets applause from GB.

Well chaps.

Sorry but I cannot be bothered to go tomorrow night.

This is no call to protest but me completely naffed off with watching utter utter rubbish and supporting a team owned by loonies.

I really do hope we win well tomorrow. I never want us to lose even if it means our rather poor manager GB remains for another week.

In reality we are dire. Crap owners, crap management, and a really crap manager.

Put your safety belts on.

Bolton's new signing Jose Manuel Casado , any good?

Dunno bout him but Wellington silva who they have on loan from Arsenal is a real player. Watched him last season in la liga, better than Championship level IMO.

Archived