BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

Bolton now turned down by Barclays for their 5 mill overdraft renewal so have had to seek help from some finance company. Very tough times for them and you'd think poss heading to admin. Are they just one step ahead of us though ?

nobody on their forums started a Greater Manchester United thread yet? :)

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout. 10/1 is probably about as good as you're going to get, 9/1 on Hills for comparison purposes. I reckon 0-0 or 1-1.

Rhodes to score at anytime and Roves to win 3/1 at Hills as well.

0-0 is always worth couple of quid (in any game).

Cant see Rovers keeping a clean sheet at the moment.

Hanley and Duffy owe a performance to all of us who travelled to Bolton last boxing day.

Bolton will score at at least two. If we're lucky enough to get a score draw, it'll be us chasing the game in the last two minutes pushing for an equaliser. That's as good as it'll get, with a lot of fan unrest and anger in between.

Sorry to be negative, but that's my prediction. :brfc:

Some managers are lucky in the context of self preservation.

I think Bowyer is one of those managers and for that reason, I think Rovers will win by 2 or 3 goals to 1 and cement Bowyer's position for at least another regressive month. The longer we continue with Bowyer, the worse our situation will become.

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight as I'd already swapped my Friday & Saturday at the pub before Sky ballsed everything up (to be fair I'd swapped it before the end of last season to cover for the regular Friday night DJ) so the missus will be taking the little un.

As I see it, if JR plays we'll win, if he doesn't I can't see anyone else capable of putting the ball in the net and it'll be a 0-0.

I never want to see Rovers lose but it may be a blessing if Notlob can edge it and it sees the back of Bowyer and his rugby style of football (no forward passes please lads, that's not allowed!)

My enthusiasm for this never been lower. Struggling to get past the bigger picture of terrible owners who aren't going anywhere, a poor manager clinging on to his last managerial job with all his might before returning as someone's u21s manager, coach or scout. Owners unlikely to sack said manager and even if they did would probably appoint someone equally dreadful.

Win, lose or draw after whatever 90 mins of crap is served up I'd love to have a decent manager taking charge once the international break finishes. I won't hold my breath though.

Been in hospital since last week so I'm not fit enough to go tonight but I'll be there in spirit and watching on the telly. It's not the same though. Give them a shout for me.

I've heard that many people say they're not going I think the real gate may not be over 10,000.

Apart from folk on this site I do not know of a single individual from the usual suspects who are going tonight.

All watching it on the telly down the pub. It could look a tad embarrassing on the goggle box.

Archived