BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see how quickly Lowe recovers from his illness.

Bit of a nebulous term, "illness". Covers a multitude of afflictions. I seem to recall that when a player's out ill, the actual illness is specified.

Would be strange for a player who prides himself on his fitness to fall sick with a bug or similar.

youll find through a littel Googling that the fitter you are the more succeptable to illness you become

Absolutely huge game on Friday. Anything less than a win will be a disaster.

Bolton, as poor as they are, will be well up for it. Lennon will have them fired up for a derby game and they are as in dire straits as we are, desperate for points already. I expect Bolton to come happy for a draw and they will probably achieve at least that. Whilst they are a poor side in terms of scoring goals they have shown they can be quite solid. We simply cannot cope with teams that come for a draw and defend for long spells as we struggle to find a way of breaking them down. If we concede first, as we have in every game this season, then I can see Bolton hanging on for a win.

Bolton have so far sold 1,000 tickets for the game, which I think sums up the level of unhappiness among their supporters at the moment considering that Rovers is their biggest derby game of the season.

I've just noticed that Koita has been interviewed on the website saying that 'our luck will turn'. It's comments like these that infuriate me. Our results so far, with the possible exception of the Wolves game, have had nothing to do with luck. We simply haven't been good enough, and no amount of bemoaning our luck will change that.

Saturday at Brighton was a typical Rovers display. As usual starting the game brightly, seizing the initiative and dominating for 15-20 minutes. Then we lose our way and the opposition gain a foothold. We didn't lose because of luck. We lost because we failed to convert any of our chances and couldn't stop them scoring. They had one attempt, scored it, then managed the game out to secure the three points despite them not playing well.

The sort of win that we are incapable of securing because we can't defend for 90 minutes and don't take our chances when they come.

They only brought 2k last season for a non telly game so I don't think it's that bad they've sold a thousand so far. It'll probably double by match night, not great but it's on the box. Many of them crying about price again totally missing the fact they always charge more than us, infact if it was their prices of 29/33 quid I'd love to see their following then.

Please Rovers get the season underway and stuff this lot.

youll find through a littel Googling that the fitter you are the more succeptable to illness you become

Doubt that very much.

Only in instances of people being endurance monsters and then having a taper.

Getting ill at the start of the season? Seems iffy to me.

• Backroom

I've just noticed that Koita has been interviewed on the website saying that 'our luck will turn'. It's comments like these that infuriate me. Our results so far, with the possible exception of the Wolves game, have had nothing to do with luck. We simply haven't been good enough, and no amount of bemoaning our luck will change that.

To be fair to Koita he may have just been going off the BRFCC match reports...

I dont think that we want to win that one.. dont really want to see us going another few months with Bowyer. Its pointless

But we don't know for a fact that if we lose he is gone. We lose he stays then what lose the next game and so on. We NEED to start winning asap, all this wanting to lose is nonsense.

Can't wait for Friday night.

In the relegation zones. Protest marches down to the ground. Overhead planes. Chickens on the pitch. Stewards fighting with the fans. Pitch Invasions. Lead story on sky sports news.

It will be just like the good old days. :blink::blink::blink:

It's certainly going to be... emotional. 'Must win' games usually are. One way or another we'll either go home with a win, and fairly happy, or very angry.

I just hope there's no trouble from any mindless idiots.

Groundhog has a knack of just doing enough not to get sacked. NotLob are diabolical - if we can't beat that lot of wannabe Mancs at home then we may as well give-up.G

2-1 Rovers!

go on explain the wannabe mancs? Is it because we hate mancs you chicken keaner freak's

This keany game means @#/? all to people of Bolton, Preston on the other hand will feel the full force when we rock into town

Absolutely huge game on Friday. Anything less than a win will be a disaster.

Bolton, as poor as they are, will be well up for it. Lennon will have them fired up for a derby game and they are as in dire straits as we are, desperate for points already. I expect Bolton to come happy for a draw and they will probably achieve at least that. Whilst they are a poor side in terms of scoring goals they have shown they can be quite solid. We simply cannot cope with teams that come for a draw and defend for long spells as we struggle to find a way of breaking them down. If we concede first, as we have in every game this season, then I can see Bolton hanging on for a win.

Bolton have so far sold 1,000 tickets for the game, which I think sums up the level of unhappiness among their supporters at the moment considering that Rovers is their biggest derby game of the season.

Saturday at Brighton was a typical Rovers display. As usual starting the game brightly, seizing the initiative and dominating for 15-20 minutes. Then we lose our way and the opposition gain a foothold. We didn't lose because of luck. We lost because we failed to convert any of our chances and couldn't stop them scoring. They had one attempt, scored it, then managed the game out to secure the three points despite them not playing well.

The sort of win that we are incapable of securing because we can't defend for 90 minutes and don't take our chances when they come.

Rover's is there biggest derby,you and Wigan are the laughing stock in the north west!!! Fools

Anyone translate?

I would suggest it may be an 11 year old from Breightmet, Dean, Daubhill, Jonny Fold, Farnworth or Great Lever.

Its trying to communicate with us.

Just humour it and it will go away.

Do you knobs think Bolton lads are saying in the pubs I can't wait for the Blackburn game? Oh dear oh dear

I would suggest it may be an 11 year old from Breightmet, Dean, Daubhill, Jonny Fold, Farnworth or Great Lever.

Its trying to communicate with us.

Just humour it and it will go away.

a 11 year old could work out where I am from, haha

Do you knobs think Bolton lads are saying in the pubs I can't wait for the Blackburn game? Oh dear oh dear

I was humouring you,,,Halliwell by any chance? Lovely area!

You ought to acquire yourself a good english teacher , then we will be able to understand , you !

horwich is in Bolton you fool and we play in lostock if you check the address.

Our biggest derby! Hahaha

Sorry, Lostock Wanderers is it then

do you mean AN 11 year old, have you not got to the spelling lessons yet

Archived