BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

He is, but realistically Venky's are going to remain in charge until THEY (and only they) choose to cut ties. It's within their power to change the manager and improve results. Whether they will do that or appoint someone better is another thing. Bottom line is, Venky's have the power to become better owners and improve things at the club but we don't have the power to remove them as owners. A managerial change for the better is far more realistic than Venky's packing it in. We live in hope, regardless.

I'm not going to get into a Venkys out debate, but the longer people keep throwing out defeatist lines like those highlighted above we'll do or change nothing.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This page demonstrates exactly why the site is suffering, nobody ever reads posts these days, you need to read peoples posts to gain context.

DE - Big Mick has been in management from 20yrs+ and he'd not get this side promoted, in my opinion.

Bryan - I've said many many times he should be sacked, I think we should sack him today, hope thats clear.

Mustard - See above.

I believe I'm following you Gav. I don't necessarily agree with you but I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I disagree with your notion that Bowyer has sizeable support on the terraces. I also disagree that GB has had such damning restrictions in place, highlighted in my post further up.

I know you want Bowyer out, I know you want Venky's out a hell of a lot more. As per my latest post, I simply think we have more chance of stumbling upon a decent manager than we do of Venky's leaving. Whether Bowyer will ever be sacked is another thing entirely...

This season? Maybe, maybe not. We wouldn't be in danger of relegation with him at the helm though.

I think our team over the past two seasons has been better than his Ipswich team, though, so think he would have gotten us at the very least into the playoffs with a decent shout of getting up.

If Bowyer had managed to get us into the playoffs before the embargo, even if we hadn't gone up, I think a lot of people would be willing to give him more time. The sad fact is Bowyer failed in that objective - a target he himself set. His history with us is generally one of failed objectives, so if he starts targetting staying in the division we would be well advised to expect the worst.

Speculation, guess work on both our parts.

Micks been in management from over 20yrs, you kept bringing him up last season also DE, as did plenty more people, its not a fair comparison really, but I do feel Mick would struggle to get last seasons side, this seasons side or next seasons side in the play offs.

• Backroom

Speculation, guess work on both our parts.

Micks been in management from over 20yrs, you kept bringing him up last season also DE, as did plenty more people, its not a fair comparison really, but I do feel Mick would struggle to get last seasons side, this seasons side or next seasons side in the play offs.

What's not fair about it Gav? The comparison is an experienced manager vs an inexperienced manager, so you can forget the time he's been in management because that's the point.

It's all relative but I feel big Mick would have had last seasons side in the play offs especially considering the fact we had Rudy and the way Mick likes to play. Also if Hanley had been grabbed by the @#/? and shook up early last season as he should have been maybe we'd have conceded one or two less. As for this season yes he'd have struggled a bit but he'd have recruited better because he'd have done it to a plan. Would we be a point or 3 better off, yes I think so.

I'm not going to get into a Venkys out debate, but the longer people keep throwing out defeatist lines like those highlighted above we'll do or change nothing.

It's true though Gav. We don't have the power to remove them, certainly not at the moment. Blackpool fans want the Oyston's gone but they have no real power and it's showing. It's disgusting and it's horrible but it's the reality of the situation. I'm not stating we should pal up with Venky's and forget the past, but pushing for a change in manager should be highest on our agenda as without something changing on the pitch, our status as a Championship club accruing loads of debt will remain and the club will remain bound to Venky's until they decide they're happy with forfeiting umpteen hundred million, possibly at the expense of our League status. I want them gone as much as everyone else, however I believe a change of manager for the better is more realistic. If our fortunes on the pitch change for the better i.e. promotion, we have more chance of seeing them gone as the club will be in a position where it is 1000x more saleable. Conversely, if we hurtle down the divisions they might well bail, but then the club is in further ruin. I'd sooner see the club taken over when in a healthier position than when on the brink of liquidation.

We likely all want the same thing Gav, we just have different ideas on how it can be achieved.

Hasta you've gone on a bit of rant their my friend, how many times can you get rubbish into 1 post :D

Lol. So I did. That's what happens when you try writing a post quickly when you should be working !

Its a bit like the labour leadership vote, completely flawed Al.

Match days are the true test and up to now the fans seem behind the Bowyer.

It's a random sample and it is no more flawed than any other poll. Sorry the results don't suit you GAV.

It's a random sample and it is no more flawed than any other poll. Sorry the results don't suit you GAV.

Whether the result suits me or not matters not one jot Al, its our owners that call the shots sadly.

first one. just checked.... 5 posts out of 2000 and the last must have been yonks ago. i stopped bothering with it because its full of pathetic poorly thought out and churlish comment from the spoiled generation.

Oh dear. So not never then? LoL

first one. just checked.... 5 posts out of 2000 and the last must have been yonks ago. i stopped bothering with it because its full of pathetic poorly thought out, repetetive and churlish comment from the spoiled generation.

Maybe you should start a new thread where only your chosen elite are allowed to comment.

I really wish i could mustard. This board is mind numbing compared to what it used to be.

Look, shaun has just validated my point perfectly.

We're all guilty of being a little repetitive Gord, you included. Symptomatic of the situation at BRFC. Nothing is changing at the club so the same points and discussions go full circle. Maybe we're all trapped in some torturous parallel Venky universe? Yikes!

What's the entrance criteria to the elite? Because if you're asking members to sign over a pledge to the Lancashire United Trust Fund I'm counting myself out I'm afraid! ;):rover:

I really wish i could mustard. This board is mind numbing compared to what it used to be.

Just a reflection of the club sadly. Every talking point is unfortunately a negative one.

Maybe you should start a new thread where only your chosen elite are allowed to comment.

It has been tried hasn't it? Sadly, the pitchfork baring mob have to be all over that as well shouting at folk.

You go to games don't you? Gives you a distinctive advantage when it comes to expressing your opinion, certainly it does in comparison to someone who actually boasts about not attending Ewood.

Okay. Now I've had time to consult my notes in the sober light of day........

Watched the whole game on Sky and was sober. Pretty uninspiring stuff. A lot of the game actually seemed like a schoolboy international. Although we had some decent chances so did they and a draw was probably about the right result. Poor quality affair. 2 poor teams. A few casual football fans in the pub left before the end (so they missed most of the action) saying they "couldn't take any more". So imagine how us fans feel.....

The positives are that we kept a clean sheet, nobody died and Heskey showed his usual form as against other teams rather than against us.

Archived