BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Away

• Backroom

I reckon Taylor will excel tonight. I realise he is not everyone's cup of tea but I rate the guy, he is one of our most skilful players but unfortunately lacks consistency (bit like GB).

For me he's more like a younger Williamson, with a bit more natural talent. Works hard, covers ground, an eye for goal in the right circumstance. I think he'd do well in the centre as long as he can keep his discipline, but we'll probably never know.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has one red card condemned Henley to the bench forever, then? I appreciate Marshall's done OK at right back, but at this point surely pushing Marshall up the pitch and putting Taylor in the centre would be a better bet than putting Williamson in the team?

I suppose we'll know by the end of the night whether it was the right call or not.

The one thing Marshall gives us when he plays at the back is reasonable distribution and comfortable on the ball - I think this may be part of the reason why we aren't hoofing the ball out of defence as much. TBH - the one thing that amazes me is that no one remarks on what a brave and attacking move it is - because Marshall will never be the best defensively but provides a real threat from right back.

• Backroom

The one thing Marshall gives us when he plays at the back is reasonable distribution and comfortable on the ball - I think this may be part of the reason why we aren't hoofing the ball out of defence as much. TBH - the one thing that amazes me is that no one remarks on what a brave and attacking move it is - because Marshall will never be the best defensively but provides a real threat from right back.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have a problem with starting Marshall at right back. I think it's fair to say he's been more effective there than in midfield this season, despite his defensive deficiencies. I just think we may be weakening our midfield significantly by keeping him there and putting Williamson in midfield.

Bowyer has played Marshall at right back in previous seasons so it's not like this is a new thing for him. With Lowe out it's his only option, really, so not necessarily brave. More an indictment on our poor recruitment policy which has seen us recruit a shedload of central midfielders and no proper back up at right back.

Sounds like we are struggling a bit in the middle. Can see Williamson off, Lawrence right, Taylor middle, Koita up top. Though probably only if we go behind. I imagine Bowyer will be happy for things to continue to a 0-0.

Edit - actually as Taylor is struggling for fitness probably he will be off and Koita on.

• Backroom

Sounds like we are struggling a bit in the middle. Can see Williamson off, Lawrence right, Taylor middle, Koita up top. Though probably only if we go behind. I imagine Bowyer will be happy for things to continue to a 0-0.

He'll be very happy going in at HT at 0-0, which is fair enough - but I think Birmingham will push on in the second half, and we need to be ready to hit them on the counter and ideally nick a goal before they do.

Archived