SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Away

A third into the season.

3 wins in 15.

Failed to score in 4 of the last 5.

Only stats that I'm interested in.

Bowyer, time to go.

Amazing - we have just got four points away from home - one point away at a current top 6 team - and people are still moaning.

Selective vision...from both of us.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are some people taking a win against Brentford as a given? This is BRFC with Gary Bowyer in charge.

Birmingham are on the slide and we either couldn't, or didn't try to exploit that. These are the games you want to get your bonus points in to make up for the poor start.

Just too laid back.

On the slide - last six matches WWWWLL - yes they lost their last two - but over 6 matches that is a fair return. You could hear how they play - everybody behind the ball and hit on the break - makes it very difficult especially when you are missing both Evans and Guthrie. Really got sick of hearing Williamson caught on the ball again.

On the slide - last six matches WWWWLL - yes they lost their last two - but over 6 matches that is a fair return. You could hear how they play - everybody behind the ball and hit on the break - makes it very difficult especially when you are missing both Evans and Guthrie. Really got sick of hearing Williamson caught on the ball again.

What do you think the difference is for "the mighty" Birmingham this season?

Amazing - we have just got four points away from home - one point away at a current top 6 team - and people are still moaning.

I thought this was the Championship, where anyone can beat anyone? Now we've got to rejoice at scraping a point at Brum?

Not picking on you DMTP (I accept I'm a moody b******) but the people who say failure to beat Brentford would not be acceptable will no doubt change the goal posts should we not. It will then be 'regroup in the international break, beat our local rivals, then we'll kick on'. Bowyer has had too many chances.

I was at the game - turgid stuff. Distinct lack of any class on show tonight, had 0-0 all over it. What was the shot on target? I can only think of Rhodes header which had no power behind it whatsoever.

At one point there was about 50 singing gb's blue and white army for about 10 seconds. Interesting to see bowyer quite animated in the second half. Seemed to be encouraging players to go for it.

Not a game to remember

It is a long season - next match IMO will be the telling one - beat Brentford and it is then 7 from 9 - any less wouldn't be acceptable.

But will be accepted nonetheless.

On another point, these "unbeaten runs" aren't what they are cracked up to be-----we never seem to move up the table.

Not picking on you DMTP (I accept I'm a moody b******) but the people who say failure to beat Brentford would not be acceptable will no doubt change the goal posts should we not. It will then be 'regroup in the international break, beat our local rivals, then we'll kick on'. Bowyer has had too many chances.

I wouldn't disagree that Bowyer needs to be changed - but IMO the performances over the last few matches have been quite good (even when getting beat by Burnley) - so I prefer to give credit where it is due.

I suppose the result is what it is viewed in different contexts. If you view as a relegation battling side, then its an excellent result.. Were better than that though, aren't we?

Is that u Saxo?

It is a long season - next match IMO will be the telling one - beat Brentford and it is then 7 from 9 - any less wouldn't be acceptable.

If we lose or draw I'm sure you will find a positive or an excuse.

I appreciate some people wanting to remain hopeful, I wish I could be one of them. Sadly I have no belief we will get 3 points on Saturday. It's a lottery with GB in charge.

I wouldn't disagree that Bowyer needs to be changed - but IMO the performances over the last few matches have been quite good (even when getting beat by Burnley) - so I prefer to give credit where it is due.

Performance tonight was supposed to be grim according to those at the game.

15th and miles away from even the play offs, see where we are at month end.

Some die hards have asked for a review at that stage. Gaz has a lot to do before then.

Can potentially go into the international break in top half or near if we beat brentford.

Only heard last 20 on radio, Atkins we had better chances and defended well so disappointed couldn't get three points. I

We had one shot on target Chaddy.... One shot....... I'll just let that sink in for you.

Duffy hit the cross bar and had 2 more headers.

Lawrence had 2 good chances but balls both up.

I'm pleased with the defensive side of our play this season.

Attacking wise, good in some games(like QPR, Leeds, Charlton) but poor in some games.

Brum can be quite a turgid side it's what Rowett has got them doing since he took over because they were in free fall. Tonight also highlights how much we need the proper midfielders in there when available and any defensive mid should be a last resort.

Good to see the clean sheets that's definitely something the staff and team have learned. Long ball is just useless though without the likes of Rudy in there, might as well play a centre half up front. A lack of going for it again but it sounds like they were trying to draw us into that and although points are pretty useless at the moment we can't afford to be losing either.

A good win on Sat and it looks a good point. Just when we think Gaz has grown a pair they shrink back to raisins, got to have a go on Sat.

Archived