BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Away

No topic for this one yet?

(Yet another) massive game. Need a good performance and a win. Wonder if Gary will be feeling the pressure from the rumours?

Team perspective the only real question is how do we replace Evans? Unless Guthrie is fit it is likely to either be Williamson (who I think will struggle to play the high tempo high pressing game we have tried recently) or maybe Taylor brought into a midfiled role.

Neither is really ideal. As an outside bet Petshi could come in but seeing as he hasn't played a competitve game that would be a real surprise.

Does anyone know Koitas progress? Getting him back would be a big boost.

Team for me

-----------------Steele

Henley----Duffy---Hanley----Olsson

Marshall--Taylor---Akpan---Conway

------------------Lawrence

------------------Rhodes

However I think Bowyer might give Williamson the nod, keep Marshall at right back and play either Delfy or Taylor on the wing.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with your last sentence. Can't see Bowyer not playing Williamson in there, I like your thinking with that team, trying to do whatever to keep Williamson out of the side!!

I'm not sure how far off Guthrie is, would like to see him in there with Akpan, I think that will work well. Nevertheless, play away from home like we did at Elland Road, I think we'll be coming home with something. I do think it's a game we should be winning, and I think, in his head, the manager knows he has to win this one to keep those rumours at bay. I'll go with Rovers 2-1, with you know who scoring them both. Let's be honest, who else will get them?!!

Need a win there, or at the very least a draw, to keep things ticking over. All this talk about 'lift off' and kicking on after the Leeds game will count for nothing if we get beat. We'll be back to square one again.

Whatever anyone wants to say Birmingham are not a good side IMO. They are harder to beat and break down than they were under Lee Clark but we have a stronger squad individually, and we should be looking to go there and do what Wolves did on Saturday, and what Rotherham and Forest have also done this season. Get the first goal and keep a clean sheet. If we fall behind it will be a long road back.

Need a win there, or at the very least a draw, to keep things ticking over. All this talk about 'lift off' and kicking on after the Leeds game will count for nothing if we get beat. We'll be back to square one again.

Whatever anyone wants to say Birmingham are not a good side IMO. They are harder to beat and break down than they were under Lee Clark but we have a stronger squad individually, and we should be looking to go there and do what Wolves did on Saturday, and what Rotherham and Forest have also done this season. Get the first goal and keep a clean sheet. If we fall behind it will be a long road back.

When you list those teams that have gone there and won this season, then we should be doing that as well. This does have potential to be MK Dons all over again. By that I mean, played well the game before then go there and get rolled over easily. But I think you're right, people think it's a tough place to go but those three have gone there and won so we should to. Back to back wins on the road is an excuse for a firework celebration!!

-----------------Steele

Henley----Duffy---Hanley----Olsson

Marshall--Taylor---Akpan---Conway

------------------Lawrence

------------------Rhodes

Seems like the best we can go with if Guthrie isn't fit to play.

Tough game but we need the 3 points. No reason why we can't beat them if we are up for it

The good thing is that the team is now starting to pick itself other than the right back position. Let's transfer this consistency to consistency in the form of performances and points. Well, Birmingham aren't exceptional but are where they are for a reason. They can be beaten, however, and we could be the team to do it. Five games into the season, we would have taken four points from six against Leeds and Big Club away, so a point would still be a reasonable result. @#/? to that though, let's go for the three.

• Backroom

A tough ask without a first choice central midfield at a top 6 outfit. 2-1 defeat I'm afraid..

Hello new member, pleased to meet you!

2-0 Rovers Lawrence and Rhodes goals

He's gonna play Williamson, isn't he?

It's not a crazy move if he does. Taylor isn't a proper central player, its a gamble in its own right sticking him there, logically Williamson should get the nod.

Just personally I can see issues with Williamson. But reasonably you could see issues if Taylor plays there also.

I guess what I'm saying is its a marginal call. I think it would be daft if people get upset as Williamson is on the team sheet.

If that was the case and two from Evans/Akpan/Gurhire available fair enough to lay into GB. But whatever happens tomorrow it is makeshift.

The thing about Brum away is that we have had success previously on this ground BUT we had the big man Rudy.

Not sure, Leeds away surprised the hell out of me and it is just too much to expect such a confident free flowing football match again.

draw at best

Brum are basically an average to poor side who made a decent managerial appointment and he's been wringing that extra bit out of them. Maybe they've hit the buffers now and it's a good time to play them so we need to go with the same attitude as Leeds away. Every game should have that must win mentality if we want to climb the league but very very rarely do we approach games that way back to back.

No reason we can't get something though if we at least show the desire we've been showing recently.

Brum 1 Rovers 2

Can't make this one, working in London, but on current form you can't see us getting anything really.

Depleted side, Brum have lost the last 2 but still in a playoff spot and Bowyer under pressure, draw would be decent result.

We have to take a point, then three on Saturday. Good return. I. Can only dream of six. But under Gaz win tomorrow lose Saturday, we are that kind of team. Topsy turvy time.

As optimistic as it sounds, there's no reason why we can't take 7 points out of the next 3 games but, like you say, that wouldn't be the Blackburn Rovers or the Gary Bowyer way of doing things, I can only agree with taking anything we can tonight.

• Backroom

"Birmingham have been confusing me for a while now. Ever since Gary Rowett took over their results have improved but their underlying numbers haven’t, which makes me wonder whether he’s made positive changes that I can’t measure or if he’s just been incredibly lucky."

Interesting site that OJ. Particularly Brum's write up with us having them tonight.

Hopefully that luck of theirs will finally run out. That graph would suggest the match tonight should be a banker for us, so that will no doubt be a 3 nil win for the home team.

Archived