BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Away

There has been an uplift in how we have played this season, which is backed up by statistics (unfortunately not results), if this is kept up all season then surely results will come.

Best teams are towards the bottom right:

http://experimental361.com/2015/11/01/expected-goals-the-season-so-far/

Is this your website? Love the analysis!

Looking at it we have, according to the data analysis, the 3rd best attack and seventh best defence.

I imagine Gary's sent that scatter graph off to Pune immediately. Lends credence that we have been "unlucky". Although a more accurate assessment would be our players, including Rhodes, have struggled to put their chances away.

It's a great analysis for figuring out if your style of play is effective up unto the point where a shot is struck. Which ours is - limiting the opposition to few shots and creating a lot of our own.

What conclusions would you draw? Probably that we need some serious shooting practice and sign players who know where the net is without disrupting out style of play.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at it we have, according to the data analysis, the 3rd best attack and seventh best defence.

I imagine Gary's sent that scatter graph off to Pune immediately. Lends credence that we have been "unlucky". Although a more accurate assessment would be our players, including Rhodes, have struggled to put their chances away.

It's a great analysis for figuring out if your style of play is effective up unto the point where a shot is struck. Which ours is - limiting the opposition to few shots and creating a lot of our own.

What conclusions would you draw? Probably that we need some serious shooting practice and sign players who know where the net is without disrupting out style of play.

It would be a great tool for him to use if he was trying to persuade them for funds for another decent striker. Could make a big difference seeing as these days we create chances where as in the past it was long balls and scraps. Bloody embargo, not that they'd part with any cash anyway like.

Think there could be a few goals in Lawrence if he can just keep his cool.

It would be a great tool for him to use if he was trying to persuade them for funds for another decent striker. Could make a big difference seeing as these days we create chances where as in the past it was long balls and scraps. Bloody embargo, not that they'd part with any cash anyway like.

Think there could be a few goals in Lawrence if he can just keep his cool.

Regarding Lawrence - he just doesn't like to take a shot on. Got the third at Charlton, horriffic miss against Burnley. But I don't think he has actually had many more shots than that (unlike Koita who shoots loads but seems to narrowly miss often).

I suppose Lawrence might have goals in him but is a bit shy at the moment.

Also with his excellent pace and direct skillful style I think he could play further up the pitch, on the shoulder of the last man, especially if the opponents are pushing forward. He seemed far too deep second half against Leeds.

Need to get something tonight and our next 3 games

If our season is to find any kind of momentum, it has to be now.

If GB remains, I still expect us to finish 15th at best, but I hope to be proved wrong, however forlorn and hopeless that may be.

Ps on Joeys point; goals will be our problem. Never seen a squad so bereft of goalscorers.

Below average, apart from 3 players.

• Backroom

United are an interesting one when it comes to statistics. Apparently they've had the least chances out of anyone in the PL - including Villa and Sunderland - yet look where they sit in the table.

Looking at the graph in OJ's link, we should be right up there fighting for a playoff spot. Instead we're at the wrong end of the table. Is the coaching and style of play the problem, or do we simply lack the quality of player to make the best of the chances we create?

United are an interesting one when it comes to statistics. Apparently they've had the least chances out of anyone in the PL - including Villa and Sunderland - yet look where they sit in the table.

Looking at the graph in OJ's link, we should be right up there fighting for a playoff spot. Instead we're at the wrong end of the table. Is the coaching and style of play the problem, or do we simply lack the quality of player to make the best of the chances we create?

No mate, it simply proves statistics are a load of tosh when it comes to football. Which is why it's annoying when certain posters quote stats.

ROVERS: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley ©, Olsson, Taylor, Williamson, Akpan, Conway, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Subs: Raya (GK), Henley, Spurr, Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Koita, OSullivan.

Hilarious really. Gone from having 3 cms on the bench to none now. Would have thought Petshi would be in there.

Really pleased to see Koita back. Gives us a proper tactical alternative if we need it.

I'm usually optimistic, but the fact Taylor and our worst midfielder Williamson (FFS) are playing has just dampened my spirit.

Need something from tonight, and for our midfields sake lets hope its played at walking pace.

Please get something tonight blues!

And Sky bet have us favourites!!

• Backroom

Has one red card condemned Henley to the bench forever, then? I appreciate Marshall's done OK at right back, but at this point surely pushing Marshall up the pitch and putting Taylor in the centre would be a better bet than putting Williamson in the team?

I suppose we'll know by the end of the night whether it was the right call or not.

Archived