Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many tickets have we sold?

WHY DOES IT MATTER?!?!? Its embarrassing, get a grip... :lol:

I appreciate it is only a sideline issue and not the most important thing, but I still like to take pride in my club and I think less than 10,000 home tickets sold for an FA Cup 5th round game against a top 6 Premier League side is embarrassing.

We're getting 11,000 home fans or more for most league games. So I cannot understand, and never will understand, why we are struggling to beat that number for a cup game of this magnitude with a place in the Quarter Finals within reach.

I'm not really bothered what the national media or West Ham make of us, but I find it a big shame for the manager and players who are all expecting a bumper crowd and who are going to be very disappointed on Sunday afternoon with more than 10,000 empty home seats.

I appreciate it is only a sideline issue and not the most important thing, but I still like to take pride in my club and I think less than 10,000 home tickets sold for an FA Cup 5th round game against a top 6 Premier League side is embarrassing.

We're getting 11,000 home fans or more for most league games. So I cannot understand, and never will understand, why we are struggling to beat that number for a cup game of this magnitude with a place in the Quarter Finals within reach.

I'm not really bothered what the national media or West Ham make of us, but I find it a big shame for the manager and players who are all expecting a bumper crowd and who are going to be very disappointed on Sunday afternoon with more than 10,000 empty home seats.

It's just the constant asking, it's embarrassing. I'm sure we aren't the only club it happens to, but if that's all somebody has to contribute to the discussion/thread, why bother?

Maybe it's just me...

They found out that fundamentally nowt had changed?

If it was Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal at these prices it would be close to a sell out by now. It's West Ham and in the mind of the casual supporter, they aren't a big glamour club. That is the only reason, nothing to do with anything else. You can also bet the majority of STH's who'll be missing (as they have something better/more important on/can't afford it) would suddenly find themselves available as well.

Why people just can't be honest is beyond me.

It comes down to value for money. Aside from the Fulham game, general concensus is that season ticket holders have been treated to poor quality entertainment at home this season, which doesn't exactly push people to spend extra on a cup game. I'm sure that the players and managers are aware of this. One good game doesn't fix everything wrong with the club over the last 4/5 years.

I'm sure you can appreciate it's easier to get to games living locally than when you're living down south.

No I didn't know that doh.

What bugs me is other people questioning fans who are not going and are not going themselves , no matter where they live.

If toppers is going then fair do's

It comes down to value for money. Aside from the Fulham game, general concensus is that season ticket holders have been treated to poor quality entertainment at home this season, which doesn't exactly push people to spend extra on a cup game. I'm sure that the players and managers are aware of this. One good game doesn't fix everything wrong with the club over the last 4/5 years.

Last season was no better in the League, yet the Liverpool game cost an extra 50% to this...it comes down to the opposition and its as simple as that. If we had played West Ham last season at £30 each it wouldn't of sold out and if we had played Liverpool this season at £30 it 99% would of sold out.

The chant MUFC fans used to sing "you've only come to see United" has never rung more true at Ewood than it does these days. Sad, but true...

No I didn't know that doh.

What bugs me is other people questioning fans who are not going and are not going themselves , no matter where they live.

If toppers is going then fair do's

I think it was a fair question really - it would be of good value to the club to know why these fans chose to go to the Liverpool game but not West Ham. It's probably down to the opposition, but it'd be good to tap into these fans as much as possible. I don't think he was being critical of them or anything.

I think it was a fair question really - it would be of good value to the club to know why these fans chose to go to the Liverpool game but not West Ham. It's probably down to the opposition, but it'd be good to tap into these fans as much as possible. I don't think he was being critical of them or anything.

Indeed. We're not talking a few hundred or even a few thousand here. Approx 10,000 missing fans is a not inconsiderable amount of our supporter base unaccounted for. For what reason(s) are not taking advantage of this opportunity?

Is it the opposition?

Is it the sale of Rhodes?

Is it the stage of the competition?

Like AndyNeil said above, it's not as if we were doing much better in the league last time around.

Indeed. We're not talking a few hundred or even a few thousand here. Approx 10,000 missing fans is a not inconsiderable amount of our supporter base unaccounted for. For what reason(s) are not taking advantage of this opportunity?

Is it the opposition? YES...LIVERPOOL MILES BIGGER BOX OFFICE

Is it the sale of Rhodes?...NO

Is it the stage of the competition?NO

Like AndyNeil said above, it's not as if we were doing much better in the league last time around.

If we had played West Ham last season at £30 each it wouldn't of sold out and if we had played Liverpool this season at £30 it 99% would of sold out.

It was the always like that when we were in the Premier League wasn't it? can't remember many sell outs against West Ham over the years.

It was the always like that when we were in the Premier League wasn't it? can't remember many sell outs against West Ham over the years.

EXACTLY. Look at the PL years and the top attendances (with the odd exception) were always Man United / Liverpool, regardless of how we were playing. The lack of ticket sales has far more to do with the opposition than prices, k/o time, form or any other reason.

Anyway, I've given my opinion on way ticket sales are poor and not going to flog a dead horse - or in this case, 'fanbase'

I hope Rovers don't do what they usually do when an away team fills their allocation and stop home ticket sales on the day of the game. This is the prime example of a game whereby a fair few rovers fans will decide to go at the last minute.

No doubt there will be a meeting with the police and an announcement that tickets go off sale on Saturday!

Rovers twitter have stated today that tickets will be on sale on Sunday.

Are you sure that 16000 includes West ham? It said database supporters

They responded to questions posted that it referred to the total sales, including West Ham fans.

It's now on sale solely to database holders to avoid West Ham fans buying tickets in the home end.

Last season was no better in the League, yet the Liverpool game cost an extra 50% to this...it comes down to the opposition and its as simple as that. If we had played West Ham last season at £30 each it wouldn't of sold out and if we had played Liverpool this season at £30 it 99% would of sold out.

The chant MUFC fans used to sing "you've only come to see United" has never rung more true at Ewood than it does these days. Sad, but true...

It's 'would have'.

West Ham may be in the top 6 currently but lets not pretend they're one of the big boys

Exactly, it's not really an attractive fixture and certainly can't be expected to draw the crowds in like the Liverpool quarter final. After all, up until our relegation, for a considerable number of years in the Premier League era we were constantly above them in the table and on a few occasions in a higher division than them.

Archived