BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

3000 home tickets had been sold by yesterday.

Here's hoping for a seriously good last week of sales...

There will hopefully be an upsurge this weekend when people go to Ewood.

I'm getting mine next week anyway, but the slow start suggests it could be around 15k

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'm doing the 3 peaks this year, and was suppose to be doing the first one on the day of the West Ham game, but now it's the following Sunday, so I can get to this game now! Looking forward to it.

I want to take a different seat to my season ticket seat - but ST seats are reserved until late today aren't they? Doubt I'm alone wanting to do this either. So I can't buy a ticket till Monday. Not major hassle cos there'll be plenty left on Monday, but just means there'll be a few folk buying on Monday I'd have thought.

I want to take a different seat to my season ticket seat - but ST seats are reserved until late today aren't they? Doubt I'm alone wanting to do this either. So I can't buy a ticket till Monday. Not major hassle cos there'll be plenty left on Monday, but just means there'll be a few folk buying on Monday I'd have thought.

I guess you will be joining the rug and flask brigade in the JW Upper then?

Wonder how Lambert will feel, talking about a potential full house, to look round and see us barely outnumbering the West Ham fans. He'd wonder why he even bothered.

It's what we do,

punch above our weight

It's what we do,

punch above our weight

I don't think it's anything to do with punching above our weight.

We've got 10,000+ season ticket holders as a mid table/bottom half Championship club with no expectations of a promotion push and get average gates of 12-13,000 in the league despite our awful home form and poor performances.

West Ham will be bringing 7,000 up from London on a Sunday despite the game being on TV.

I don't think its unreasonable in any shape or form for the club or manager to expect a very healthy gate for a 5th round cup tie against Premier League opposition.

If we can't break the 20,000 barrier with 7,000 away fans and 10,000+ season ticket holders then there is really something very wrong.

When you say "punch above our weight" do you mean "I can't be arsed, it's on tele anyway".

Not you obviously.

I would love to hear from any local based fans who aren't going to the cup match or taking up the offer of three league games for £30. I wouldn't discredit anybody and respect their reasons but it would be interesting to see the reasons.

I don't think its unreasonable in any shape or form for the club or manager to expect a very healthy gate for a 5th round cup tie against Premier League opposition.

If we can't break the 20,000 barrier with 7,000 away fans and 10,000+ season ticket holders then there is really something very wrong.

I agree, and I was astounded by the sudden and unexpected turn out for the Liverpool Cup tie last year, but how many turned up for Swansea earlier in the competition? Or Man City in the 3rd round a season or two ago?

I'll be surprised if the gate is more than 15k but once again I hope I'm pleasantly surprised (or astounded).

That said, I couldn't really care less what the gate is as long as we win.

When you say "punch above our weight" do you mean "I can't be arsed, it's on tele anyway".

Not you obviously.

No, I don't mean that, some may think that though, it is going to take a run of results to get some back in the fold though

Speaking of attendances does anyone know what the Boxing Day crowd would have been? I know it would have been bigger than usual even if we don't know how many "walk ons" would have shown up. I'm guessing a number have been returned now that its an evening kick off. Does anyone know how many returned as well? I believe Middlesbrough sold a lot too though there may have been a few returns there also.

Club really need to aggressively market the FAC game and the 3 game offer. Problem is though a lot of the fans who show up tomorrow (and for Fulham) will probably be season ticket holders. The rest will be probably be people who generally show up anyway so club needs to send out letters, emails, etc.

Need to ask the question about database history though? I'm guessing names haven't been removed but I had to validate for the new online ticketing as it was upgraded last year. The history from previous years had been cleared on order history.

I would love to hear from any local based fans who aren't going to the cup match or taking up the offer of three league games for £30. I wouldn't discredit anybody and respect their reasons but it would be interesting to see the reasons.

well i know a few that wont ever step foot in ewood until the venkyscum leave.

Spoke to a close friend today who sad "why bother when I can watch it in the warmth at home, save £20 and have a few cheap beers".

That attitude gets up my goat. What would the 7K travelling Wham fans think of that sort of attitude.

Spoke to a close friend today who sad "why bother when I can watch it in the warmth at home, save £20 and have a few cheap beers".

That attitude gets up my goat. What would the 7K travelling Wham fans think of that sort of attitude.

Get him/her a hot water bottle and a dressing gown. Could have at least come up with a less wimpy explanation. I'm as skinny as a rake and hardly ever put my radiators on. Not trying to make out I'm a "tough guy" though because I'm not!

Was that their attitude when we had live tv games at home in the Premier League?

What if the FA Cup winners (and runners up) finish 3rd or higher?

Personally I think that the sooner a European Super League arrives the better. Each nation's lowest placed ESL team would be replaced each season by the national domestic top flight champions. Which would keep the TV companies interested in the English top flight. The purists will cry foul but football needs to move on before the bubble bursts.

Obviously, the ESL originators will have to wait until clubs like Leicester go back in their box or that would ruin everything... ^_^

That will happen from time to time, but until the Semi final stage you would have big interest. It will still bring back the magic of the cup, in my view.

If they sell 7400 i'll be amazed, if they turn up in home areas in their dozens then i'll be the next elected President of the USA. It isn't happening.

That's the 'Blackburn' attitude sadly.

If they sell 7400 i'll be amazed, if they turn up in home areas in their dozens then i'll be the next elected President of the USA. It isn't happening.

That's the 'Blackburn' attitude sadly.

Is that your trump card ?

:D

I take issue at those guys on radio Rovers belittling the FA Cup tie against West Ham as being 'of little importance'; The games against Swansea, Stoke and the Liverpool away tie last season stopped many of us from hanging ourselves from the rafters.

• Backroom

I take issue at those guys on radio Rovers belittling the FA Cup tie against West Ham as being 'of little importance'; The games against Swansea, Stoke and the Liverpool away tie last season stopped many of us from hanging ourselves from the rafters.

You can see where they're coming from though. At our current rate of decline a game against Ipswich in the cup will be seen as a glamour tie in a few years.

Archived