BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good at all, Liverpool are slower and more clumsy, we could have stood a chance, but West Ham are very fast and aggressive, strong in the air and on the ground, just not sure what we can do against that. Only thing is they seem to do better vs bigger clubs, so maybe they'll underestimate us.

Let's have a repeat of 1966 when we smashed West Ham 4-0 (I think - it was along time ago) in a cup replay under the Ewood floodlights. But not a similar ending to that season when we went down.

After a 3-3 draw at their place! Great game.

After a 3-3 draw at their place! Great game.

I presume Moore, Hurst and Peters were playing ? Rovers were on fire that night, though I missed the start and the first goal if I remember because the ground was packed and we couldn't get in the Riverside. I do remember it cost 2s 6d to get in, 12 pence (yes 12p in today's money). No one could understand why we played so well in the cup but were so poor in the league. I guess the pressure was off I suppose. We lost 1-0 at home to Sheff Wed in the quarter-finals and Wednesday went on to reach the final, losing 3-2 to Everton.

Can't say I'm excited by tonight's result. A home game with Liverpool would have been much better for local interest, atmosphere etc. WHU don't bring the same for me.

Archived