BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy an obscure trek somewhere I've never been before similar to when we drew Welling Utd I think it was all those years ago. Can't be doing with a home draw unless it's a rival or a big local club. We'll just get panned again by the masses for a rubbish crowd whilst they ignore the rest of the empty seats around the country at clubs with bigger fan bases than us!

I fancy an obscure trek somewhere I've never been before similar to when we drew Welling Utd I think it was all those years ago. Can't be doing with a home draw unless it's a rival or a big local club. We'll just get panned again by the masses for a rubbish crowd whilst they ignore the rest of the empty seats around the country at clubs with bigger fan bases than us!

Aye ... Really enjoyed the trip to Welling back in '89. Would welcome something similar this time round.

Aye ... Really enjoyed the trip to Welling back in '89. Would welcome something similar this time round.

Park View I think the ground was called, a right banana skin but Ronnie came to the rescue. Think we were the first league team to ever visit there or something.

Whitehawk away would be a good one. As long as we play someone different and don't have a dull all-Championship or lower Premier League team. We've had some really boring draws in the last few years. Charlton away last year, Newcastle away a few years ago, Derby away, all boring ones.

If we're staying locally Bury away would be decent.

We must be due a League Two or non-league side (not many left) in the Third Round last year. Last year we had a really tough draw with Charlton-Swansea-Stoke-Liverpool.

Living in Cardiff now, Newport away would be nice and local, as well as another ground to tick off.

Would love Burnley or another tie that guarantees a big crowd (whether that's Ewood or a big away following).

welling was/is one of the best away days ive ever done. A 21st the night before ,back to my mates after then his dad was working in London and had early start .We got to Welling around 9am and blagged it in the sports club in the park. A hockey player wanted me to miss the game and cop off with her ha.After the game we got back in the club and sat in the private lounge of the landlord as Millwall and Charlton fought in the bar. Then into London...great ,great drunken day was had..

Then a few weeks later i had forgot id been to London ,argued the toss with the bank and got a hundred pound refund .

Where was that non league place we went to in the 70s? Willington or somewhere like that? I think we drew at theirs and hammered them at Ewood in the replay? (We would have been 3rd division at the time)

Yep, Non league side from the North East as I recall.

The replay was a midweek afternoon because of the power cuts I think and I was hacked off because I was at school and couldn't go. Listened to the score flashes on a little transistor radio.

Where was that non league place we went to in the 70s? Willington or somewhere like that? I think we drew at theirs and hammered them at Ewood in the replay? (We would have been 3rd division at the time)

Willington. I was about to be manhandled into the back of a Black Maria for some Rovers fan putting through a window of a nearby house until the chief inspector saw sense. Happy days.

Willington. I was about to be manhandled into the back of a Black Maria for some Rovers fan putting through a window of a nearby house until the chief inspector saw sense. Happy days.

And the 6-1 replay win Mark. It was during the three day week because of the miners strike and Rovers were forced to play it on a Wednesday afternoon. As I recall the majority of under 16's were still in their school uniforms having come up with ingenious excuses or simply 'twagged it' as we said in Darwen.

I remember the great Kit Napier bagging a hat trick too.

And the 6-1 replay win Mark. It was during the three day week because of the miners strike and Rovers were forced to play it on a Wednesday afternoon. As I recall the majority of under 16's were still in their school uniforms having come up with ingenious excuses or simply 'twagged it' as we said in Darwen.

I remember the great Kit Napier bagging a hat trick too.

Twagged it - bloody hell Tony I haven't heard that in 30 years lol

That was one of only 2 days off school I ever had - the other was a trip to the European Cup final at Wembley in 1978 courtesy of Peter Walmsley (my uncle) getting tickets via the Referee's ballot!

Willington yes, windy all hell and cinder embankments. 6-1 in the replay during power strikes, midweek afternoon game. If memory serves

Chelsea or Villa please

After that period a few years ago, I'll happily never draw Villa in a cup game again! Then again, it's a nice away trip and a winnable game...

Number 5.....will play......number 10.

Imagine that :xmas:

Archived