BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the FA and their official favorite team Man Un ever going to be investigated by any sporting body? Like how many games throughout how many seasons are they going to win based on injury-time, make belief spotkicks? Completely outrageous. Yet FIFA and UEFA are even more corrupt, so it won't be them. But it makes a complete mockery of the game.

Did Hammond slide in ? Yes

Did he get the ball? No

Did he catch Depai on the shin? Yes

It's a penalty. The united player just chucked himself to make sure he got it. It's quite telling that Hammond didn't complain at all.

I'm sorry but whatever people think of man united that was definitely a penalty, it's plain daft to suggest otherwise.

Only the most biased of United supporters can possibly believe that that deserved a penalty. A slight touch is not enough for a penalty, this is not a non-contact sport. And then the obvious dive after that.

Only the most biased of United supporters can possibly believe that that deserved a penalty. A slight touch is not enough for a penalty, this is not a non-contact sport. And then the obvious dive after that.

So why didn't the defender complain at all about it. I'm sure if he thought it was even slightly harsh he would have been all over the ref.

Goodwilllie just came on for Aberdeen. Haven't heard mention of him for ages. Well he's got 20 mins to impress.

I watched him rip Hearts to shreds earlier in the season in the first half hour of the league game at Tynecastle. Only one team in that today though, from start to finish, and it wasn't Goodwillie's.

• Moderation Lead

He went to tackle Depay, he missed, so it's a penalty. The defender didn't even argue for goodness' sake, that tells its own story. Yes Depay made a meal of it, but a pen's a pen. I'm obviously not a United fan, or a biased one at that!!

• Backroom

Hope it works out for Appleton the style was poor here but always thought he could make a good manager at some point, seems to really know the game.

Got to say I think Trevor Sinclair could have what it takes as well if he fancies a career in it.

• Backroom

Appleton is where he should be. The Rovers job was far too early for him, add in the absolute dysfunction at the club when he joined and there was no chance of him succeeding. Same with Berg. How either would have fared without Shebby/Shaw's infighting and most of the troublemakers paid off is anybody's guess, but there's no denying Appleton's style of football could very well have gotten us relegated that season.

Archived