BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 2015/16

Mike E

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the 6-1 replay win Mark. It was during the three day week because of the miners strike and Rovers were forced to play it on a Wednesday afternoon. As I recall the majority of under 16's were still in their school uniforms having come up with ingenious excuses or simply 'twagged it' as we said in Darwen.

I remember the great Kit Napier bagging a hat trick too.

Didn't they just let us go to the replay anyway Tony? Mind you a good half of the lads at SMC were Clarettes so at least there would have been plenty there still having lessons!

Didn't they just let us go to the replay anyway Tony? Mind you a good half of the lads at SMC were Clarettes so at least there would have been plenty there still having lessons!

I can't honestly remember Mark how we got off but it was quite novel to see us score six - it was far better than Latin lessons or whatever. There were lots of that lot but as I remember a good number of them were of the better type of Dingle.

I may be wrong [probably am!]; but isn't there a different [usually more generous] rule regarding the number of tickets allocated for away fans for F.A. Cupties?

When I got my ticket for the Cardiff game this morning, I was told not to expect any news re tickets for Newport "until Friday or Monday".

I can't honestly remember Mark how we got off but it was quite novel to see us score six - it was far better than Latin lessons or whatever. There were lots of that lot but as I remember a good number of them were of the better type of Dingle.

Whereas I, however, was in the Latin class. And I still failed the O-level.

Well, for the 'friendly' in 1970, I was actually with Paddy Ell (if you remember him) in the Darwen End amongst all the Burnley fans. Twenty minutes from the end, the Rovers fans ran in to the Darwen End from the Riverside, scattering all and sundry (me included) in their wake. We ended up at the Darwen End gates on Nuttall Street. They were locked. Just when the police restored order, another mob of Rovers fans had come up Nuttall Street from the Blackburn End. By then, the gates had been opened and the Rovers fans ran in to the Darwen End from that direction. Nearly battered twice off my own supporters! But yes, as you say, most of the SMC Burnley fans were decent enough.

And the 6-1 replay win Mark. It was during the three day week because of the miners strike and Rovers were forced to play it on a Wednesday afternoon. As I recall the majority of under 16's were still in their school uniforms having come up with ingenious excuses or simply 'twagged it' as we said in Darwen.

I remember the great Kit Napier bagging a hat trick too.

I went to both games, I remember we got detention, at Billinge school for going to the replay

Well, for the 'friendly' in 1970, I was actually with Paddy Ell (if you remember him) in the Darwen End amongst all the Burnley fans. Twenty minutes from the end, the Rovers fans ran in to the Darwen End from the Riverside, scattering all and sundry (me included) in their wake. We ended up at the Darwen End gates on Nuttall Street. They were locked. Just when the police restored order, another mob of Rovers fans had come up Nuttall Street from the Blackburn End. By then, the gates had been opened and the Rovers fans ran in to the Darwen End from that direction. Nearly battered twice off my own supporters! But yes, as you say, most of the SMC Burnley fans were decent enough.

I've heard about this from one or two different people, one being a retired police officer who used to have the good fortune to police these games throughout the 70's. Needless to say he hates football.

You can bet though that no one in Burnlee would ever remember these times ;):lol:

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/ticket-information-blackburn-rovers-2843826.aspx

Looking like Newport will be a 3pm Saturday kick off, tickets approximately £22.

Will be making the short trip to this one, just hoping it will reach open sale so it isn't a trip on my own! Saw someone post that the away end holds 1,200 so I may well be okay.

Not getting my hopes up just yet for my wish of Saturday 3pm as TV games have not been chosen. However it has at least taken priority over the Newport Rugby game scheduled that day.

I seem to recall Rovers initially announced the Swansea game last season at 3pm and ticket prices, before BBC Wales selected it a few days later and the kick off moved.

According to their website, it lists visiting fans in the Bigely stand (covered) seated areas at £19 (21 on the day) and South uncovered at £17 (19 on the day)

As yet the date has not been confirmed. It seems Newport have been presumptuous.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-emirates-fa-cup-newport-county-2844108.aspx

Archived